“Comfortable, clean, great location, lovely staff... just byo bottled water!”

Ranked #29 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Perth
“Comfortable, clean, great location, lovely staff... just byo bottled water!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The bed was possibly the best hotel bed I've ever slept in. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the hotel was in a great location with a train station right below it (although I never heard the trains) that takes you out to the airport. The drinks in the cocktail bar were perfectly poured so it was great for a night cap. One thing that was completely outrageous though was the $9 for a 1litre bottle of water. That was outright obnoxious.
I would definitely stay here again but would buy my bottled water elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our Sofitel MyBed so comfortable!

Sofitel Brisbane Central

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We recently checked into the Sofitel Brisbane on Thursday the 25th, and from the beginning we knew it was going to be a great stay. Concierge provided wonderful service, greeting us at the door, carrying our bags to our rooms, and recommending a lovely spanish tapas in South Bank. Front desk, contributed to this effort by checking us in within a couple of minutes and providing us with complimentary drink vouchers for the Cuvee Lounge (bar). As we headed towards the bar the Rooms Manager (so sorry to have forgotten your name), welcomed us with "Bonsoir" and wished us all the best with our stay. We saw that it was quite busy but sat down anyway and within about 10seconds, a bartender (Jordan) had made his way over and greeted us with a friendly smile. We were amazed he'd seen us over such a crowd, and when we asked he jokingly replied, "i had a feeling someone was after a drink." He returned with our drinks and was quite interesting to talk to, even when it looked quite busy. We sat and watched the candle ritual (beautiful), and enjoyed our drinks. Both Friday and Saturday were days of business, however, the evening couldn't come any quicker and the staff in Thyme2 restaurant provided exceptional service and carried themselves very efficiently. On Sunday we relaxed and spent a day in Brisbane, and Sofitel allowed a late check out which was convient with our late flight. We lounged at Cuvee and enjoyed a final cocktail that was not on the menu, Jordan made us a mint martini, and we named it the 'Mint-ini'. Cameron from concierge collected our bags and readied them in the taxi, providing a final good-bye, wishing us a safe trip and hoping to see us soon. We made our flight and are now planning our next trip back!

This was a business trip, but we made it a couples experience. Thank you Sofitel Brisbane, Thank you Marcus Hanna, for an amazing experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the French elegance that the hotel offers and also that you were so well looked after by Jordan and Cameron during your stay.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Sofitel Brisbane overnight before our weekend away at Tangalooma Resort catching the early boat across. We received excellent service on arrival. Very impressed with quick service getting our luggage out of our car and check in staff even though busy, apologies for have to keep us waiting and gave us an upgrade to an excellent room on 22nd floor with a great view. All up would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Fran B

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed a great night’s sleep before you departed early to depart for Tangalooma Island.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'm staying on the 29th floor of the Sofitel Brisbane Central hotel. The rooms have recently been refurbished and are of high standard (if you're lucky to get one of the new ones!). The beds are heavenly as per usual and the staff do all they can to try and make your stay a fantastic one..

I just need to point out the following... My Credit card company booked me this as a complimentary stay, so I can't really complain.. However being a platinum member of Le Club Accor for Sofitel, I was surprised to learn that I wouldn't be receiving any benefits. I spoke to the night manager who suggested I wrote to the owners to register my dissatisfaction.

The thing that has really upset me is the paper thin walls... I can hear my neighbours talking like they were in the next room without any doors. They cough at night and they are keeping me awake. Seriously in this age, we must be able to do something about this.... I suspect the hotel is full, but will ask for a room change!

Room Tip: Avoid connecting rooms AT ALL COSTS...
1 Thank jakin4
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback following your recent visit to Sofitel Brisbane Central. I was disappointed to learn that your experience did not live up to expectations, to the noise coming from the interconnecting room; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The hotel has just commenced a refurbishment of all of our guest rooms and we hope to have this work completed by early next year.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for a conference. Rooms comfortable and very well maintained. Food was very good and staff very friendly.
Outdoor pool lovely for a quick dip.
Didn't use their internet as I had my own but I believe you had to pay for it.
Everything you would expect a 5 star hotel to be.

It bugs me when they add a credit card surcharge to the bill as all the big hotels seem to be doing nowadays.

Would go back again if in Brisbane.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst attending your conference and that you enjoyed your swim in our outdoor pool..

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Want to see a Rugby game?

Don't waste your time struggling to Homebush just to sit at high altitude behind the goal posts where the players are so far away you need binoculars.
Go to Brisbane and stay at the marvellous Sofitel. Walk downstairs to the train, two stops, efficient and quick then easy walk to the best rugby stadium in Australia. Go home just as easily, night cap in the Sofitel bar then to your sofitel bed to dream of how it can be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found it so easy to get to and from Suncorp stadium from the hotel to watch the Bledisloe Test Match.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed 2 nights for a recent conference and the Sofitel did everything well. It is located directly above the Central Station and it is very easy to get back and forth to the airport ( $31 return instead of $110 for a taxi). I stayed in 2 different rooms for the 2 nights, both with very comfortable beds. The first had been recently refurbished, but I couldn't detect any significant difference from the one that had not. Staff were generally friendly and efficient and the food (conference breakfast and lunch) fine without being great. The bars were understaffed on the first night, took ages to get served, this was better on the second night. Wifi is an added expense throughout the hotel. It is a pricey establishment, but I would be happy to stay there again

Room Tip: The 10th floor rooms seem very similar to the refurbished 20th floor ones (but with no bath), howeve...
1 Thank dkreview
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel for your conference.