“Great conference hotel”

Ranked #27 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney, Australia
“Great conference hotel”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for a conference. Rooms comfortable and very well maintained. Food was very good and staff very friendly.
Outdoor pool lovely for a quick dip.
Didn't use their internet as I had my own but I believe you had to pay for it.
Everything you would expect a 5 star hotel to be.

It bugs me when they add a credit card surcharge to the bill as all the big hotels seem to be doing nowadays.

Would go back again if in Brisbane.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst attending your conference and that you enjoyed your swim in our outdoor pool..

Sofitel Brisbane Central

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Want to see a Rugby game?

Don't waste your time struggling to Homebush just to sit at high altitude behind the goal posts where the players are so far away you need binoculars.
Go to Brisbane and stay at the marvellous Sofitel. Walk downstairs to the train, two stops, efficient and quick then easy walk to the best rugby stadium in Australia. Go home just as easily, night cap in the Sofitel bar then to your sofitel bed to dream of how it can be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found it so easy to get to and from Suncorp stadium from the hotel to watch the Bledisloe Test Match.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed 2 nights for a recent conference and the Sofitel did everything well. It is located directly above the Central Station and it is very easy to get back and forth to the airport ( $31 return instead of $110 for a taxi). I stayed in 2 different rooms for the 2 nights, both with very comfortable beds. The first had been recently refurbished, but I couldn't detect any significant difference from the one that had not. Staff were generally friendly and efficient and the food (conference breakfast and lunch) fine without being great. The bars were understaffed on the first night, took ages to get served, this was better on the second night. Wifi is an added expense throughout the hotel. It is a pricey establishment, but I would be happy to stay there again

Room Tip: The 10th floor rooms seem very similar to the refurbished 20th floor ones (but with no bath), howeve...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dkreview
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel for your conference.

Olinda, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Sofitel Brisbane after enjoying a stay at Sofitel Redwood Shores CA, USA a while ago. The 'bonjour' is still used to greet customers, even funnier in Australia, but I like it. I received an upgraded room when I checked in so that was also nice. The room had a king size bed, with what I believe is 'cloud bedding.' This is where there is an underlay stuffed with feathers (?) and soft pillows. The bed is still supportive though with the underplaying giving some snuggl-bility. It was a little unsupportive for me, but then I guess I could have tried one of the other pillows that were on the bed originally. Room had usual conveniences. Bit annoyed about Internet availability in Australia in hotels. Most elsewhere is generally included, however us Aussies still seem to need to charge for this service. This isn't isolated to Sofitel so expect it wherever. I enjoyed the room which came with nice closet for business clothes and iron etc for the creases I packed into my shirt. Had breakfast at the restaurant next morning and wide selection. Was told tea and coffee would be forthcoming shortly after seating, but I guess they were quite busy as it didn't make it before I left.
Hotel sits atop Central Station so is really convenient and centrally located. Nice little bar in Ann Street out the back and a well stocked cellar shop next to that. I didn't really get a chance to explore but square across the road seemed to have lots of eateries and shops. Great views of it from the floors upstairs. I got an extra surprise when I jumped into one of te lifts only to find that it was glass on one side and made for a nice twilight view of the square as I descended. Staff polite and attentive. Recommended for business travel and would be happy to take my family there too.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to note you enjoyed your stay with us although I do apologise for the slow coffee service during breakfast.