“Going to the Rugby” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
A TripAdvisor Member
“Going to the Rugby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Want to see a Rugby game?

Don't waste your time struggling to Homebush just to sit at high altitude behind the goal posts where the players are so far away you need binoculars.
Go to Brisbane and stay at the marvellous Sofitel. Walk downstairs to the train, two stops, efficient and quick then easy walk to the best rugby stadium in Australia. Go home just as easily, night cap in the Sofitel bar then to your sofitel bed to dream of how it can be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found it so easy to get to and from Suncorp stadium from the hotel to watch the Bledisloe Test Match.

Sofitel Brisbane Central

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed 2 nights for a recent conference and the Sofitel did everything well. It is located directly above the Central Station and it is very easy to get back and forth to the airport ( $31 return instead of $110 for a taxi). I stayed in 2 different rooms for the 2 nights, both with very comfortable beds. The first had been recently refurbished, but I couldn't detect any significant difference from the one that had not. Staff were generally friendly and efficient and the food (conference breakfast and lunch) fine without being great. The bars were understaffed on the first night, took ages to get served, this was better on the second night. Wifi is an added expense throughout the hotel. It is a pricey establishment, but I would be happy to stay there again

Room Tip: The 10th floor rooms seem very similar to the refurbished 20th floor ones (but with no bath), howeve...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
1 Thank dkreview
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel for your conference.

Olinda, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Sofitel Brisbane after enjoying a stay at Sofitel Redwood Shores CA, USA a while ago. The 'bonjour' is still used to greet customers, even funnier in Australia, but I like it. I received an upgraded room when I checked in so that was also nice. The room had a king size bed, with what I believe is 'cloud bedding.' This is where there is an underlay stuffed with feathers (?) and soft pillows. The bed is still supportive though with the underplaying giving some snuggl-bility. It was a little unsupportive for me, but then I guess I could have tried one of the other pillows that were on the bed originally. Room had usual conveniences. Bit annoyed about Internet availability in Australia in hotels. Most elsewhere is generally included, however us Aussies still seem to need to charge for this service. This isn't isolated to Sofitel so expect it wherever. I enjoyed the room which came with nice closet for business clothes and iron etc for the creases I packed into my shirt. Had breakfast at the restaurant next morning and wide selection. Was told tea and coffee would be forthcoming shortly after seating, but I guess they were quite busy as it didn't make it before I left.
Hotel sits atop Central Station so is really convenient and centrally located. Nice little bar in Ann Street out the back and a well stocked cellar shop next to that. I didn't really get a chance to explore but square across the road seemed to have lots of eateries and shops. Great views of it from the floors upstairs. I got an extra surprise when I jumped into one of te lifts only to find that it was glass on one side and made for a nice twilight view of the square as I descended. Staff polite and attentive. Recommended for business travel and would be happy to take my family there too.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to note you enjoyed your stay with us although I do apologise for the slow coffee service during breakfast.

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Took an overnight package which included accomm plus the excellent breakfast on the ground floor and car park. We were on Level 19 which appeared to have been recently renovated. The room and comfort were excellent. This is a great spot in Brissy and very well located

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to note you enjoyed our breakfast and also your stay in one of our recently renovated rooms on the 19th floor.