“Fantastic Location,Friendly Staff”

Ranked #28 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
“Fantastic Location,Friendly Staff”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great location,central you can walk to queen street mall,the treasury,across the bridge to the museum. Situated below it is central station,so we just walked down past the lobby,down a couple of escalators and jumped on a train to watch a footy match. So quick and easy!!
All staff from valet ,porter bell,front desk,restaurant,room service and cleaning were very gracious and happy.
This hotel is very busy,sophisticated,but exudes a beautiful charm that makes you feel very comfortable. Rooms were very clean and of course my favorite is the Sofitel bed!

• Stayed June 2012
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Bonjour!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel.

I was pleased to read that you your stay and the hotel's close proximity to the city and also the Musuem at South Brisbane.

Sofitel Brisbane Central

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently stayed here on a Friday night with my sons and we stayed in Club rooms on the top floors. From check in to check out our experience was nothing short of amazing. The rooms were well appointed with fantastic beds and pillows and the club facilities were nothing short of amazing. My sons, both in their 20's, thought it was outstanding. I'll have to bring my wife next time!

Room Tip: Go for the club room, they cost a little more but they are well worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bonjour!

I was pleased to read that you and your sons enjoyed your at the hotel, and in particular our wonderful beds!

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Check in was easy, professional and friendly, however the 'upgraded' room was just ok. The room lacks warmth and that overall 5 star plushness you expect from a quality hotel. There were no pictures on the wall other than a small print hung over the toilet and the bathrooms could do with a bit of an upgrade, chipped basin and tired, worn looking bathroom amenities. The Roger and Gallet products were a nice touch though. We returned from our day out at 4pm to find our room had not been made up - it's just not what you need or expect when you are tired and wantto relax. To Sofitel's credit, it was fixed up pretty quickly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour!

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback following your recent visit to Sofitel Brisbane Central. I was disappointed to learn that your room was not serviced prior to 4pm and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

With regards to your comments regarding our rooms, I can advise that we have just commenced a refurbishment of all of our guest rooms and corridors and hope to have this work completed by early next year.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We decided to stay at the Sofitel because we were arriving into Brisbane Airport and wanted somewhere to stay that was easy to get to from the airport. It was all so easy. We hopped on a train at the airport and 20 minutes later were in our room. The hotel is located on top of Central Station right in the heart of Brisbane. We also needed to go to the Brisbane show the next morning so again we just caught a train to the Exhibition centre. Incredibly easy but also a wonderfully comfortable hotel not to mention the very friendly staff. A great stay but we were probably lucky to have been upgraded to a room quite high up as there was absolutely no noise. Sadly we didn't have the opportunity to eat at the hotel as we were out with friends all the time but hopefully next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bonjour!

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your first stay at the hotel and also our convenient location above Central Station meant an easy trip for you from the airport to the hotel and also to attend the Ekka!

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at the Sofitel Brisbane on 4/5 August. We used Sofitel due to its central location and the excellent rate we got through Wotif. Check in was slow due to a lack of staff, but efficient and pleasant when you get to the counter. Also received a free upgrade which helped ease the annoyance at the slow process.

Room was of a reasonable size, clean and well presented. Not overly large, but sufficient for a short stay when there was no intention of spending a lot of time in the room.

Had breakfast in the restaurant on Sunday morning, and while very good, with an abundant spread of options, pretty pricey at $49, and probably not great value. Have had better breakfasts at The Windsor for considerably less. We did not eat in house at any other stage. Bar prices were reasonably, but a 10:00 close on Saturday night is a bit rich, particularly when it was put in a very matter of fact statement, last one, we are closing.
No need to mention wi-fi, it is the same as everywhere else!!!! Which is why I carry my own now
On Friday evening I decided to have a drink from the mini bar(Cointreau). There was half a tray of small ice cubes in the fridge which I put into a glass, and added the drink, only to find it was water!!!!(wonder how often that happens). I was assured I would not be charged for it. Tried again on Sat night, pretty sure that it would not be water this time. New tray of ice cubes in fridge, of which I used half. Quite enjoyed it as well.

On checkout I was reassured that I would not be charged for my glass of iced water. To say the least I was surprised to see it on the itemised Tax Invoice that I received a week later, but I had to literally pick myself up off the floor when I looked further t this invoice, I had been charged $2 TWICE for ice. Here we have a hotel that can command $400+ for a standard room(was not paying that sort of money myself), and then gouges the customer $4 for a dozen ice cubes!!!!!
Sofitel Brisbane does most things very well, but just lacks that final attention to detail that would make it a true 4.5/5 star hotel. As for the ice….well what can I say

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bonjour!

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback following your recent visit to Sofitel Brisbane Central. I was disappointed to read that you experienced a delay when checking in to the hotel; please accept my sincere apologies.