Royal On The Park
Hotels.com
$149
$144
  • Room Service
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$82
$73
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$120
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
$110
$107
$80
1,307 results
All reviewsbotanic gardenswalnut restaurantwalnut roomacross the roadpark viewgreat locationthe riveralbert streetfree wifishort walkbuffet breakfastbit datedsouth bankrooms are largewithin easy walking distanceenjoyable stayqueen st mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here for two nights during a recent trip to Australia. Very pleasant check-in experience, very nice room. Well worth the price paid. Centrally located for all CBD locations in Brisbane. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Paid for a park view over a city view... probably not worth the money.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear stljettaboy
Thank you for sharing your feedback after your recent visit. I was pleased to know that the staff at check in exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the size and facilities of your room.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I liked the hotel, for sure it deserves all good reviews on tripadvisor.
The room was clean, a funny red bear was waiting for me on the bed and made me smile, huge balcony (Botanical Garden view) for the first floor rooms, the balcony is a public area but still with private table and chairs for every room on the floor. A kettle and coffee/tea set in the room makes your life easier if you like to have coffee and tea early morning or late night.
Reception staff was very polite and helpful.
Location is great – two minutes walk to Botanical Garden, 5-10 minutes walk to Queen Street mall.
It was very relaxing and pleasant stay. You are in the very city center and in a big garden at the same time.
The only complain – 32AUD for breakfast sounds too much for me comparing even with the best European hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear lubitelj r
Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that the hotel's facilities suited your every need, especially our well appointed guest rooms. Our location is ideal, opposite the Botanic Gardens and close to shopping and restaurants. I appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of breakfast as we are constantly reviewing our prices to ensure we offer the best value for money.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel many years ago, I was pleasantly surprised to note the continued high standard of service. The reception staff are delightful and you are made to feel very welcome.
The rooms have been refurbished in recent years and are very nice with all the basic amenities. Located opposite the botanic gardens, it is only a short walk to the center of the city.
Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher levels for great views.

Dear ScottRo
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay. It was great to see you return to Royal on the Park after many years away. I was pleased to read that the reception team gave you such a warm welcome upon your arrival and you enjoyed our convenient location.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

After being reused entry from a booking.com booking I made at another hotel in Brisbane simply because I had no photo id and it was late at night I managed to find the night staff at this hotel who organized a car to collect me and upgraded me to a suite because of my bad experience. My hand goes out to Rudy Cheong, the restaurant manager for relaxing me and giving full attendance, to Amie Coleman on the front desk who listened in disbelief at my story of the idiots at the Meriton apartments turning me into the street because I had no id and her constant attention to my wellbeing thereafter.
This is a hotel that does want you to feel you are at home
I love it

Room Tip: Park view if possible
1  Thank Footloose007
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Footloose007
Thank you sharing your review. I was pleased to read about the level of service provided to you by Rudy and Amie. All staff strive to provide professional and personalised service and I'm thrilled that they went above and beyond to accommodate you.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I selected the Royal on the Park hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and the hotel absolutely deserves the ratings it gets. When I first arrived, the looks on the outside reminded me of those fairly grand hotels of the 1960s that my parents used to take me too. Everything from the wooden lobby, carpets and furniture made me feel as if I stepped back in time.

Also, the hotel has plenty of reminders of its past and many ratings it has received, so it has no shame proudly living in its legacy, or at least, trying to justify to itself why it should stay that way.

When I got to my room, my first impression continued to be reinforced as the rooms are plain, carpeted and the bathrooms look like they never has been renovated.. however!!!

This is an excellent hotel given the location, cleanliness, customer service and outstanding services and amenities. The poolside area is fantastic, and the gym is well equipped (though hard to find - hidden on the 11th floor).

I would stay here in a heartbeat all over again and have realized that the nostalgic feeling is exactly what they want you to feel like. I have felt incredibly comfortable while I stayed here and will be back for certain next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Get the garden side views...excellent!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear GorillaMan1959
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent visit. I was pleased to read that the hotel suited your every need. The hotel was built in 1969 and every care has been taken to maintain the classic style of the hotel from the walnut panelling in the lobby to restored crystal chandeliers. Modern technology has been added such as free wifi with a speed of 100MPS as well as IPTV to compliment the traditional ambience. Our location opposite the Botanic Gardens offers a central base to explore Brisbane via several transport options and our award winning Walnut Restaurant is always evolving, mixing traditional favourites with modern techniques.