“Almost in Botanical Garden”
Review of Royal On The Park

Royal On The Park
Ranked #29 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Odessa, Ukraine
“Almost in Botanical Garden”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I liked the hotel, for sure it deserves all good reviews on tripadvisor.
The room was clean, a funny red bear was waiting for me on the bed and made me smile, huge balcony (Botanical Garden view) for the first floor rooms, the balcony is a public area but still with private table and chairs for every room on the floor. A kettle and coffee/tea set in the room makes your life easier if you like to have coffee and tea early morning or late night.
Reception staff was very polite and helpful.
Location is great – two minutes walk to Botanical Garden, 5-10 minutes walk to Queen Street mall.
It was very relaxing and pleasant stay. You are in the very city center and in a big garden at the same time.
The only complain – 32AUD for breakfast sounds too much for me comparing even with the best European hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear lubitelj r
Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that the hotel's facilities suited your every need, especially our well appointed guest rooms. Our location is ideal, opposite the Botanic Gardens and close to shopping and restaurants. I appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of breakfast as we are constantly reviewing our prices to ensure we offer the best value for money.
Dale John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel many years ago, I was pleasantly surprised to note the continued high standard of service. The reception staff are delightful and you are made to feel very welcome.
The rooms have been refurbished in recent years and are very nice with all the basic amenities. Located opposite the botanic gardens, it is only a short walk to the center of the city.
Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher levels for great views.
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear ScottRo
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay. It was great to see you return to Royal on the Park after many years away. I was pleased to read that the reception team gave you such a warm welcome upon your arrival and you enjoyed our convenient location.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

After being reused entry from a booking.com booking I made at another hotel in Brisbane simply because I had no photo id and it was late at night I managed to find the night staff at this hotel who organized a car to collect me and upgraded me to a suite because of my bad experience. My hand goes out to Rudy Cheong, the restaurant manager for relaxing me and giving full attendance, to Amie Coleman on the front desk who listened in disbelief at my story of the idiots at the Meriton apartments turning me into the street because I had no id and her constant attention to my wellbeing thereafter.
This is a hotel that does want you to feel you are at home
I love it

Room Tip: Park view if possible
1 Thank Footloose007
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Footloose007
Thank you sharing your review. I was pleased to read about the level of service provided to you by Rudy and Amie. All staff strive to provide professional and personalised service and I'm thrilled that they went above and beyond to accommodate you.
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I selected the Royal on the Park hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and the hotel absolutely deserves the ratings it gets. When I first arrived, the looks on the outside reminded me of those fairly grand hotels of the 1960s that my parents used to take me too. Everything from the wooden lobby, carpets and furniture made me feel as if I stepped back in time.

Also, the hotel has plenty of reminders of its past and many ratings it has received, so it has no shame proudly living in its legacy, or at least, trying to justify to itself why it should stay that way.

When I got to my room, my first impression continued to be reinforced as the rooms are plain, carpeted and the bathrooms look like they never has been renovated.. however!!!

This is an excellent hotel given the location, cleanliness, customer service and outstanding services and amenities. The poolside area is fantastic, and the gym is well equipped (though hard to find - hidden on the 11th floor).

I would stay here in a heartbeat all over again and have realized that the nostalgic feeling is exactly what they want you to feel like. I have felt incredibly comfortable while I stayed here and will be back for certain next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Get the garden side views...excellent!
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear GorillaMan1959
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent visit. I was pleased to read that the hotel suited your every need. The hotel was built in 1969 and every care has been taken to maintain the classic style of the hotel from the walnut panelling in the lobby to restored crystal chandeliers. Modern technology has been added such as free wifi with a speed of 100MPS as well as IPTV to compliment the traditional ambience. Our location opposite the Botanic Gardens offers a central base to explore Brisbane via several transport options and our award winning Walnut Restaurant is always evolving, mixing traditional favourites with modern techniques.
Brisbane
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We live in Brisbane but still like to have a change of scenery and relax now and then and always choose Royal on the Park. Their twin rooms comfortable accommodate 2 adults and 2 children in their queen beds for no extra charge which makes it good value for money. We make use of the excellent room service and staff are always really welcoming and friendly.
It is so close to the Botanical Gardens we enjoy having a walk or playing ball through there and it is an easy walk to the CityCat to go across the river to Southbank and the museums/art galleries etc.
Room amenities are great so would highly recommend Royal on the Park.

Room Tip: We have only ever stayed in park view rooms which have been good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear qoo70
Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your recent stay. It was pleasing to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay and the hotel's facilities met your every need.
We look forward to you having many more getaways in the future.
Cairns
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed 2 nights (Fri & Sat) and found this lovely hotel to be extremely good value. Our room had 2 queen beds and the Royal does not charge extra to accommodate a toddler, unlike most other Brisbane city hotels that wanted to charge anything up to $50 extra per night for our child to use a bed that was already in the room!! The beds were very very comfortable, and the staff had placed a cute teddy bear on our child's bed which was a lovely surprise for him when we arrived at our room. The full-length block-out curtains did their job and we were grateful that our toddler managed to have a good sleep in!

Our city-view room looked over the pool and into the high-rises of Brisbane, very pretty at nighttime. The room was a good size and pleasantly more spacious than other inner-city hotel rooms i've stayed at in the past. We used the Royal as a base while we explored the city. It was an easy (mostly flat) walk to the Eagle St Pier to catch the ferries and not far uptown to the Queen St Mall. The hotel is down near the city botanic gardens which are lovely to explore and it also means it's a much quieter part of the CBD. The free city-loop bus leaves from across the road near the hotel but it only runs Monday to Friday. This meant we had to walk most places or catch taxis on the Saturday and Sunday as there are not many other buses in that part of the city on weekends. But it's all easy-walking and only about 3 blocks to the mall so nothing's far away.

The staff were friendly and helpful and everything was very clean and well-maintained. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're booking more than a few weeks in advance of your stay, look for the 'advance purch...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear MMereW
I appreciate you taking the time to share your review after your recent stay. It was pleasing to read how much you enjoyed your stay and felt that you received the best value for money possible. The hotel is centrally located to the CBD, Eagle Street ferries and restaurants as well as being only a short distance from Southbank and as you stated provides a great base to explore all Brisbane has to offer.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 20, 2014

What a super hotel!
My friend and I spent three delightful days in Brisbane in early February and the enjoyment was mainly due to our stay in Royal On The Park which is situated opposite a lovely park. I have travelled extensively and this hotel definitely rates among the best. The service was friendly yet professional and all members of staff encountered were very pleasant. I'd certainly recommend Royal On The Park to anyone wishing to stay in Brisbane; it is located near cinemas, shops and restaurants and has easy access to the cultural centre.

Room Tip: City view rooms are fun - lots to look at.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Sallie457
Thank you for sharing your feedback after your stay. I was pleased to read how much you and your friend enjoyed your 3 nights with us. Our location provides a central base to explore all Brisbane has to offer with Eagle St, Queen St Mall, Southbank and freeway access only a short distance. All staff strive to offer personal, professional and unobtrusive service and your experience was no exception.