“Rusty Doors.......but!”

Royal On The Park
Ranked #31 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Rusty doors
It would be wrong to pick about this too much. The hotel has excellent willing staff. The breakfast interesting and well provisioned with all the food you could desire at a $25 per head, although for some reason unknown entirely to me they charged me double for this .
It certainly is not worth $50 but I think this is a mistake.
But back to the rusty door. The bathroom is adequate but by no means luxurious. Which brings me to the hinge on the door, it is rusty and this seems to have spread to a patch at the bottom of the door. Oh dear it does stand out on a white door.
The rooms are large. Be carful you choose one above the fourth floor to avoid the street noise. But I would still recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Above fourth floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank daveskiss
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear daveskiss
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, both positive and constructive. I apologise that the hinge on the bathroom door contained rust that had partially stained the door. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and Maintenance will be inspecting each hinge to repair and change where necessary. It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by the staff. They always appreciate receiving recognition for their hard work.

There are newer reviews for Royal On The Park

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Royal on the Park is all about location location & service with a smile. Right in the CBD, and so close to Eagle Street Pier & restaurants. Southbank is a short ferry ride away. The rooms are large, clean & quiet. The view to the Botanic Gardens is fantastic! My new favourite place to stay in Brisbane.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank KristinSpecialK
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear KristinSpecialK
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay. It was pleasing to read how much you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by the staff. The view of the Botanic Gardens is indeed an inspirational way to start each morning before work or sightseeing.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and for your next stay be sure to try the award winning food in the Walnut Restaurant and our complimentary wifi.
We are all looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Royal on the Park Hotel, Brisbane

We stayed overnight at the Royal on the Park so that we could attend a wedding nearby.
Reception was welcoming and helpful. Our baggage was collected from the car and delivered to our room.
The room was large with a great view over the park. All facilities that we could wish for were present including free WiFi. The bed was comfortable and spacious.
The hotel’s location near the centre of Brisbane is a plus with the Old Botanic Gardens opposite a relaxing area to walk.

We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel for a long or short stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LapunMan

Dear LapunMan
Thank you for sharing your feedback after your recent stay. I was pleased to read how well the Front Office team looked after you during your stay to ensure a hassle free preparation before the wedding. The hotel and Botanic Gardens are provide elegant and subtle surroundings for a wedding and the team are eager to cater to any last minute request.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel offers the same, if not more then other properties. It provides all guests with free wifi, cheaper parking then its competitors and a nice breakfast that is not overdone.

I recently stayed here and wasnt impressed when I drove in but from check in to checkout everything went smoothly. The was no real hidden costs (tray charges etc). The location was great as well, right across the street from the Botanical gardens and only around 5 minute walk to Queen Street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ralph H
I appreciate you taking the time to share your review after your recent visit. I was thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by the team. Our location opposite the Botanic Gardens provides a great view to start your day but is convenient to the CBD and Southbank. Our wifi is free and very fast with no download limits which compliments our upgrade to the television system.
The façade of the building is quite different to most Brisbane hotels as the building is 44 years old. We have maintained the traditional appearance whilst adding modern technology to create a contemporary ambiance.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had the choice to stay her or the Stamford nearby I choose the royal because I didn't want to stay at a larger hotel.

The royal is clean quiet comfortable and provides everything you need including free wifi

The breakfast buffet is tasty.

One thing I didn't like was the foyer but that can be forgiven as I wasn't spending any time there.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank dees99
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear dees99
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay. It was pleasing to read that you chose to stay with us over our competitors and I'm glad we did not disappoint. A great location, clean and comfortable rooms, efficient and friendly staff as well as incredibly fast complimentary wifi are all great reasons to return. When making your next reservation be sure to ask about Royal Rewards, Royal on the Park's loyalty program, giving you access to exclusive member only benefits.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

To be fair our stay was in late December 2012. We liked the hotel, it's in a great location and the room, whilst small, was adequate for our needs. We had a view over the park which was nice. If we could have opened the window instead of using the air conditioner, our stay would have been more comfortable. We ate at the restaurant for dinner on one night and breakfast for 4 mornings. All the food was fabulous, I loved the full, hot buffet selection for breakfast, best I have ever had. My wife's steak at dinner was the best she has ever eaten. The staff at the restaurant were very friendly and efficient. The front desk staff are another matter. They weren't friendly and when we were overcharged at checkout, they didn't apologise for their error. The concierge did not speak to us during our entire stay, or help us during check in or check out, which was very disappointing. Like we have said, our stay was a while ago now but we would never stay again because they didn't have digital television. This would have been ok if the Royal had full pay TV, but it didn't. From the recent reviews we have read, this is still the case. We were expecting digital television as the Royal advertised that they had flat screen televisions, which one would assume would display digital stations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HonestCountryCouple

Dear HonestCountryCouple
Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as the food and service you received in the Walnut Restaurant. I apologise for the lack of service from the Front Office team, this is most out of character and can spoil an otherwise enjoyable stay.
Since your stay with us I'm glad to inform you that our television offering has been upgraded to include IPTV channels. We now have the full range of digital free to air channels as well as a selection of Foxtel channels. We also have a selection of channels sourced from international television stations and radio channels interstate as well as regional Queensland. Our menus in all our food and beverage outlets have been changed to reflect the changing seasons and use fresh, local ingredients.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am not sure if I got a bad room, but I slept badly here. The airconditioning was so noisy I had to use earplugs, and of course none of the windows would open, the pillow was bad.
I found the rooms worn (although they claim to be refurbished).

I must say the burger I had from room service was outstanding.

The hotel is pretty well located, has views of the park.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear David S
Thank you for sharing your feedback after your recent stay. I apologise that the noise from the air conditioning disturbed your sleep and the Maintenance team have inspected each room to ensure this problem is resolved. The hotel has been refurbished in the last 2 years and a refresh will be conducted next year to protect against wear and tear. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your in room dining meal and passed your compliments to the chef.