It would be wrong to pick about this too much. The hotel has excellent willing staff. The breakfast interesting and well provisioned with all the food you could desire at a $25 per head, although for some reason unknown entirely to me they charged me double for this .
It certainly is not worth $50 but I think this is a mistake.
But back to the rusty door. The bathroom is adequate but by no means luxurious. Which brings me to the hinge on the door, it is rusty and this seems to have spread to a patch at the bottom of the door. Oh dear it does stand out on a white door.
The rooms are large. Be carful you choose one above the fourth floor to avoid the street noise. But I would still recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal on the Park is conveniently located just a 5 minute stroll away from Brisbane's CBD and popular Queen Street Mall shopping precinct. Facing the Beautiful Botanic Gardens at the green end of the CBD, it gives the feeling of being in a calm oasis. Outside the front door, age-old Moreton Bay fig trees, soaring bamboo and ancient travellers' palms stand sentinel opposite the hotel. Royal on the Park features 153 spacious guest rooms and suites, tailoring amenities and services to both leisure and business travellers! All guests, diners and delegates can enjoy complimentary hi speed wifi with no download limits. The Walnut Restaurant has consistently remained a favourite venue for local visitors and regular hotel diners. Ask about our new a la carte menu featuring fresh local produce from Queensland farmers. For those with fitness in mind, the largest in-ground hotel pool in Brisbane together with spa and top floor gymnasium provide the freedom to relax and unwind or to enjoy an energetic work-out. A kick start to the day is made easy with an invigorating early morning jog around the numerous pathways of the Botanic Gardens. The hotel is well renowned for its in room facilities. Combining digital free to air television, Foxtel and satellite channels from around the world. A wide selection of pay per view blockbuster movies and favourites for adults and children alike. 37 radio stations combining local AM and FM channels with international flavour. This combines for a total of 188 viewing and listening opportunities. Whether you are looking for a conference venue, planning a Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner or perhaps even a Wedding, the hotel has up to 8 elegant function rooms to select from, catering up to 800 cocktail style or 400 banquet style. Guests of Royal on the Park are well placed to enjoy the range of leisure activities in Brisbane. It's just a boardwalk stroll along the water's edge to the Riverside Markets and an abundance of restaurants and al fresco cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal On The Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal On The Park Hotel Brisbane
- Royal On The Park Brisbane
- Park Royal