“Great Location.. facilities.. Luxury and Service to Experience!”
Review of Royal On The Park

Royal On The Park
Ranked #31 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This is our most favourite hotel ever! A hideaway we are willing to share with our clients.
We stayed during the Australia Day Flooding with 2 other families who are also clients of ours. The location is perfect to CBD. The service was outstanding! The pool and spa was a real highlight, we swam that evening in the wild wind and rain with fresh dry towels brought out especially. We received complimentary pressi bags for all 8 children, and complimentary afternoon tea including fresh scones straight from the oven with jam & cream and delivered to our room for my sons birthday. Buffet Breakfast is honestly something you can't miss, it's delicious. We were provided with amazing service that we tipped! Our waiter Tommy gave us personalised service and made jugs of hot chocolate especially for our group. Everyone loved him. My family can't wait to return and we hope to bring more clients with us and next time we will utilise the gym and botanical gardens for fitness drills.

On returning home we received an email from Royal on the Park hoping we were ok after the floods.

BIG thank you to all the staff, you guys made our stay so personalised. You ROCK!

Glen & Martha Gamlin

• Stayed: January 2013
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear GMGSPORTSTRAINING.
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure to serve you during your son's birthday and the team loved reading your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel very soon.

There are newer reviews for Royal On The Park

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've just spent 3 days at Royal on the Park for a work conference and wanted to write a review straight away. The team are absolutely fantastic; I have never stayed in any hotel or resort where the staff were consitenty polite and friendly. We were suprised how accomodating they were and nothing was too much trouble, not our constant requests for help with IT or supplying us with various extras we found we needed. All I can say is each and every staff member seems happy in their work and it shows!
My room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable, it's quite unusual to find a hotel bed that isnt rock hard but I found the bed very comfy. I never sleep well when away from home but at least found I wasnt tossing and turning and couldn't get comfortable. The rooms are well appointed and had everything I needed, my only hiccup was the shower was a bit tricky to adjust (one of those over bath showers that you turn the dial to choose shower or bath) I couldnt get the shower to work without the bath taps running also but that wasn't a problem. View across to the park from my window was nice.
Just a tip the rooms are not completely private in terms of sound, I found I could here conversations from next door & people using the bathroom...I didn't find that this was a problem but it's worth mentioning if you are super sensitive to that sort of thing or you are travelling as a group and are a rowdy bunch!!
Breakfast is great, good variety of hot and cold food which was in plentiful supply. The food supplied during the conference was very nice also. We ate in the Walnut restaurant for dinner (I'll write a separate review for that) and at all times the wait staff were friendly and polite.
I didn't use the pool but we did sit out in that area, it's clean and a lovely landscaped area to relax in.
My one & only suggestion would be that complimentry bottle of water is supplied in the rooms each day, many hotels we've stayed at before supply one free per person per day....it might not seem like much but it's a nice touch. (and $4.50 for a bottle of water is a bit rich but not suprising in most hotels I guess).
Great stay and would definitely recommend your hotel to business travellers & couples.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MMR1316
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear mmr1316.
Thank you for your review. I was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed the service of the entire team and that they were able to exceed all expectations. The beds were installed as part of the 2012 refurbishment and new sound proofing is being installed to minimise noise between inter-connecting rooms.
I look forward to welcoming you back for you next conference or leisure stay.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here again while attending a concert at the riverstage botanical gardens. Very convenient just across the road. Same friendly & helpful staff, comfortable bedding. Wish the bar would stay open longer on Friday night past 1030 pm. Would have loved the newe coffee machines in our room, we prefer the first floor rooftop balcony for smokers and street gazing.

• Stayed: March 2013
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear cherie m.

Thank you for taking the time to write another review of the hotel. I'm pleased that you had another great stay and I have shared your comments regarding the operating hours of the bar with the Food and Beverage manager for review.

When making your next booking please enquire about the availability of the 1st floor park view rooms so we can update your profile and ensure we are meeting your needs.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here on the 1.3.13. The rooms are quiet and it is a great location for the River Stage, University and shops. The only small gripe I have is the shower was a complete pain to operate, either cold or very hot.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Looly1

Dear Looly 1.

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. The maintenance team are inspecting the showers and our water supply to ensure that the temperature of the water remains even.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Friendly service on reception & timely room service. The Hotel is appealing on entry & looks quite glam. The room was roomy for the 3 of us, we loved the very comfortable beds. The pool looked great but cool, we enjoyed the heated spa even though it was pouring with rain! The only down side was the grubby walls. The Hotel is in an excellent position for the Botanical Gardens,where we attended a concert. We got a good price for the room & it was just what we needed for the one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park! all we could see was roof tops
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear J01962.

Thank you for sharing your review with fellow travellers. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the service by our hardworking team and our convenient location. The outdoor pool and spa facility is a great place to relax and unwind, even in the rain and our new beds provide a restful night's sleep before or after a busy day.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed at the Royal on the Park for four nights in a deluxe park view room. The hotel is very well located overlooking parkland but minutes walk to the Queen street mall. Check in was efficient however after dropping my bag off at 10am and returning at 4pm I was still waiting for the bag to be delivered to my room at 6 pm! The foyer, bar and restaurant have maintained the original 70's style of the hotel and it somewhat works. The renovated rooms however have missed the mark. They look and feel cheap. The artwork is depressing, chaisse lounge whilst a nice touch has no lamp (or other lighting), table or power point nearby to make it functional. Forget reading a book or having a drink whilst laying back as you won't be able to see and you'll be putting your glass on the floor. The bathroom is on the small side and very plain (white, white and more white). The room is a good size but the decor just misses the mark. The hallways look like a school dormitory. If you can get a room for under $200 here it might be decent value, but for the $260+ I paid it is overpriced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear reckless_abandon8.

Thank you for sharing your review with fellow travellers. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our convenient location and the efficient check in provided by the reception team. I was however disappointed to hear that your luggage was not delivered in a timely fashion and you were still waiting for you luggage upon your return to the hotel. Please accept my personal apologies.
The hotel was refurbished in 2012 and I am disappointed that you do not find the decor and artwork to your liking. I have passed on your comments regarding the lighting of the room to the Maintenance Manager for review.
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I checked in this place for a week. The location is good and the refurb seems to be done well in the lobby and the restaurant as well as the pool. But unfortunately this is where it stopped. The most important for me at any hotel is the mattress and unfortunately this one was done. A ditch probably best describes this mattress.
However, there was one thing which really upset me. I actually got checked in by the bellman. Since it was a business trip my room had been prepaid by a travel agent. During check in he used my credit card for extr charges. But he must have not seen the pre payment and authorized my card for $2000 which maxed my card out (I had trouble paying for my dinner that nigh). When speaking to the front desk the next morning, that it was only an authorization and the travel agent sent the confirmation to late ( however I mentioned the prepayment during check in). There was no such thing than an apology all she said was that she will send a fax to the bank and that it takes up to 5 business days to get it removed. Thanks!
I'm actually staying another 2 weeks here in Brisbane and it was the first time that I instructed the travel agent not to book a particular place.
If you want a decent sleep and genuine service, then go somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Gallimucho76

Dear Gallimucho76.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with other travellers following your recent stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at check in and the inconvenience it caused.
This does not reflect our usual high standards and I am disappointed that we fallen short of those standards on this occasion.
I have passed on your comments to the Housekeeping Manager regarding the quality of your mattress so it can be replaced.
Your comments have been taken most seriously and have been shared with the Front Office team to highlight the importance of these standards and communication with our guests.