“Great location”
Review of Royal On The Park

Royal On The Park
Ranked #29 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here on the 1.3.13. The rooms are quiet and it is a great location for the River Stage, University and shops. The only small gripe I have is the shower was a complete pain to operate, either cold or very hot.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Looly1
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Looly 1.

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. The maintenance team are inspecting the showers and our water supply to ensure that the temperature of the water remains even.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Friendly service on reception & timely room service. The Hotel is appealing on entry & looks quite glam. The room was roomy for the 3 of us, we loved the very comfortable beds. The pool looked great but cool, we enjoyed the heated spa even though it was pouring with rain! The only down side was the grubby walls. The Hotel is in an excellent position for the Botanical Gardens,where we attended a concert. We got a good price for the room & it was just what we needed for the one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park! all we could see was roof tops
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear J01962.

Thank you for sharing your review with fellow travellers. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the service by our hardworking team and our convenient location. The outdoor pool and spa facility is a great place to relax and unwind, even in the rain and our new beds provide a restful night's sleep before or after a busy day.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed at the Royal on the Park for four nights in a deluxe park view room. The hotel is very well located overlooking parkland but minutes walk to the Queen street mall. Check in was efficient however after dropping my bag off at 10am and returning at 4pm I was still waiting for the bag to be delivered to my room at 6 pm! The foyer, bar and restaurant have maintained the original 70's style of the hotel and it somewhat works. The renovated rooms however have missed the mark. They look and feel cheap. The artwork is depressing, chaisse lounge whilst a nice touch has no lamp (or other lighting), table or power point nearby to make it functional. Forget reading a book or having a drink whilst laying back as you won't be able to see and you'll be putting your glass on the floor. The bathroom is on the small side and very plain (white, white and more white). The room is a good size but the decor just misses the mark. The hallways look like a school dormitory. If you can get a room for under $200 here it might be decent value, but for the $260+ I paid it is overpriced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear reckless_abandon8.

Thank you for sharing your review with fellow travellers. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our convenient location and the efficient check in provided by the reception team. I was however disappointed to hear that your luggage was not delivered in a timely fashion and you were still waiting for you luggage upon your return to the hotel. Please accept my personal apologies.
The hotel was refurbished in 2012 and I am disappointed that you do not find the decor and artwork to your liking. I have passed on your comments regarding the lighting of the room to the Maintenance Manager for review.
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I checked in this place for a week. The location is good and the refurb seems to be done well in the lobby and the restaurant as well as the pool. But unfortunately this is where it stopped. The most important for me at any hotel is the mattress and unfortunately this one was done. A ditch probably best describes this mattress.
However, there was one thing which really upset me. I actually got checked in by the bellman. Since it was a business trip my room had been prepaid by a travel agent. During check in he used my credit card for extr charges. But he must have not seen the pre payment and authorized my card for $2000 which maxed my card out (I had trouble paying for my dinner that nigh). When speaking to the front desk the next morning, that it was only an authorization and the travel agent sent the confirmation to late ( however I mentioned the prepayment during check in). There was no such thing than an apology all she said was that she will send a fax to the bank and that it takes up to 5 business days to get it removed. Thanks!
I'm actually staying another 2 weeks here in Brisbane and it was the first time that I instructed the travel agent not to book a particular place.
If you want a decent sleep and genuine service, then go somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Gallimucho76

Dear Gallimucho76.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with other travellers following your recent stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at check in and the inconvenience it caused.
This does not reflect our usual high standards and I am disappointed that we fallen short of those standards on this occasion.
I have passed on your comments to the Housekeeping Manager regarding the quality of your mattress so it can be replaced.
Your comments have been taken most seriously and have been shared with the Front Office team to highlight the importance of these standards and communication with our guests.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here for one week in August 2012. Very clean and efficient hotel with a great location adjacent to the park in central Brisbane. A twenty minute walk gets you across the river to the promenade, the Convention Centre and the Queensland Museum. Likewise, walk the other way and much of central Brisbane is only a few minutes' walk away, such as restaurant and shops, etc. Internet access was VERY expensive, though, and I depended on this for some work I had to do. But GREAT location!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Bjorn S.

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location.

I am pleased to inform you that as of 1st September last year, Royal on the Park offers complimentary wifi internet to all guests.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for a night and enjoyed the Hotel and its offering. Good location just opposite to the gardens with nice views (stayed on the 8th floor). Room was clean and comfortable and large enough to accommodate the 2 of us. Next time we go back to Brisbane will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Gardens
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear wilburys2011.

Thank you for your review. I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay, the recently refurbished rooms and our convenient location.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Fantastic room, very happy with presentation and space. Very comfortable bed. Christopher at checkin was very welcoming and professional. Room service was quick and very enjoyable. We had a peaceful and relaxing stay even though there was a bridal expo happening at the same time. Despite the extra people around staff still provided excellent service. We will be returning in the near future and will endeavor to to tell all friends and family of your wonderful hotel and the excellent service we received.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sacha G.

Thank you for sharing your review with other travellers. I was very glad to read you enjoyed your room and your in room dining meal. All reviews are shared with the team and in particular with Chris who was humbled by your kind words.

Despite the busy weekend with the bridal expo I'm pleased that the team were still able to exceed your expectations of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal on the Park soon.