“Very nice hotel in central location”
Review of Royal On The Park

Royal On The Park
Ranked #31 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, very friendly and professional staff and they have excellent food if you feel like dining in. When we went to check in our room was not ready so we had to wait few minutes in the lobby, after the short wait they gave us 2 complimentary buffet breakfasts. Most buffets are pretty decent but this was much better than expected. We still have a few days here but we had an excellent first impression of the great hotel. Rooms are super clean and great attention to detail.

Stayed: November 2012
ROTP_FOM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Mike L

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers

I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and your dining experience in the Walnut restaurant.

I will certainly enjoy passing on your feedback on to our team who all work hard to ensure service comes first.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

There are newer reviews for Royal On The Park

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We attended a wedding in The Botanical Gardens and reception in nearby city restaurant - check in was seamless - had time for a spa before the wedding and a very comfy bed welcomed us back later that evening. The buffet breakfast was lovely - just what u need after a big night out

• Stayed: October 2012
ROTP_FOM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

I am happy to read that everything was up to your expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Royal and on both occasions was woken by the noise of children in the hallway, or a television from the next room.

Decor was a little tired, and the hotel seemed to be short on staff. Or those on duty were being trained.

On checkout, they had not included my room-service breakfast which I had to point out to them. And then wait until they worked out what to charge my.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with other travelers.

The hotel is fitted with 12mm soundproofed glass in every guest room to insulate against any noise from the city coming into the building. As you may see from our other reviews, we have received much great feedback about the quietness of the rooms however I certainly accept that without any city background noise, the noise from other guests may seem more apparent to lighter sleepers. In future, we would encourage you to contact our reception team at anytime day or night if noise disturbs you as we can always find a solution when we are made aware of problems.

Finally, please do accept my apologies if you did not find our reception staff exceptional – they are usually the stars of our service and I will be sure to share your feedback with them with a view to continual improvement.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was in the city and the reviews on this forum are generally positive.

As I arrived in my car late in the afternoon, there was nobody to be seen to assist with my luggage. When I went to the front desk to check in, the staff member wasn't friendliest person I've met in Queensland, but at the same, she wasn't rude either. I just felt like she wasn't interested in me as a guest, but more in whatever she was doing at the time.

About 7.30pm I decided to check out the gym as my business schedule had been hectic lately and I needed to really burn off some calories, however as I tried to enter the gym door, my room card didn't grant me access. To be fair to this hotel, I didn't advise staff to rectify this problem. As an alternative, I had a look at the hotel pool with the intention of having a swim, however on inspection the pool had no lights, so it really didn't look very safe. I gave that thought a miss.

Later that evening the power in the entire building went off at least twice for a period of 4 minutes at a time and the television reception went in and out throughout the night. Also, the wifi stopped working from about 9pm onwards and never came back on (luckily I had my own personal internet access as I had business to perform).

I am definitely not saying that this is the experience guests will receive whilst staying here, it could have just been a bad night. But I have to be honest and advise what happened during my stay here.

On the positive side, the room I stayed in was very clean, comfortable and spacious (room 437). I was also impressed with the Morrissey toiletries supplied in the bathroom. The checkout process was smooth and friendly, although no apology for the facility failures were forthcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for a park view room prior to check in.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ROTP_FOM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review

I was pleased to see that you found our rooms comfortable, however there certainly are aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations – and I do offer my sincere apology for this.

Power to the hotel was interrupted due to an emergency repair carried out to the substation and we did have a power outage for a couple of hours. Letters were delivered to all rooms informing guests regarding the outage but however I do apologise if you didn’t receive one.

I would be keen to discuss your review further with you to seek your ideas on further enhancements we could improve on. Please do contact myself direct on 07 3221 3411 if you wish to discuss.

Thank you once again for your stay with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The location of the Royal on the Park is unbeatable - central to the CBD, shopping areas and restaurants, the riverside, the beautiful Botanical Gardens for a pleasant stroll along the riverbank or to the parklands and restaurants of Southbank and close to ferry, bus and train transport. Although the decor is now a little dated, the hotel is well maintained and very comfortable. The rooms are well furnished and quite spacious, many with lovely views across the Gardens opposite. The bathrooms are now looking tired but are clean and quite adequate. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Gardens side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback!

I am pleased to read that our hotel lived up to your expectations in every way. Our team certainly does ensure that ‘Service comes first’ and hopefully after your experience with us this time, we will be your hotel of choice for all your future visits to our Beautiful City.

Thank you again and we do look forward to welcoming you back

Regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had the pleasure of attending a trade expo at the Royal on the Park recently. Their DOS very kindly organised for my staff to be able to access a room to use so we could change into evening dress for the function that night. All staff there were very friendly and helpful. I love the family feel here - it makes you feel very warm and welcomed. Thank you all so much.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

I was so pleased to read that you couldn’t rate us high enough. I will be sure to pass on my personal thanks to our teams on your behalf for achieving our mission of ”Where service comes first”

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My second visit in 4 weeks and I was happy to book in here again. Wonderful friendly service. The staff are very obliging. Just a short walk to the Queen st Mall (a few short blocks). Across the road from botanical gardens. Rooms are lovely, clean and fresh.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jonclo
ROTP_FOM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your review with us and other travelers.

We are very pleased to see that you loved your stay and I will take great pleasure in sharing your comments with our team.