Stayed here for 3 days on 26th March 2011...we were pleasantly surprised on just how Deluxe the rooms were and we also found this hotel through booking on the Wotif Mystery room website and paid a very reasonable rate for our room. The front desk staff were truely wonderful and helpful and when we dined at the restaurant for breakfast the next morning , it was one of the best buffet breakfasts I think I can remember...even the bacon was lean with no fat which is something rare these days. The selection of fresh fruit was unbelievable..obviously run by someone who has a healthy outlook on good fresh food.
The location was superb - opposite the Botanical gardens..so you could walk through it and end up on the Goodwill bridge that takes you over to Southbank. We also walked a lot to the Eagle St restaurants on the river - only a brisk 5 min walk away and very scenic if you take the river path....
We later moved to the Rydges hotel in Southbank for a conference and found the rooms there to be a little tired and far more expensive so wished we had booked longer and just taxied to the conference every day !
I would definitely stay at the Royal on the Park again...and would of course recommend it to all our friends and business associates.. Carolyn & Andrew
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal on the Park is conveniently located just a 5 minute stroll away from Brisbane's CBD and popular Queen Street Mall shopping precinct. Facing the Beautiful Botanic Gardens at the green end of the CBD, it gives the feeling of being in a calm oasis. Outside the front door, age-old Moreton Bay fig trees, soaring bamboo and ancient travellers' palms stand sentinel opposite the hotel. Royal on the Park features 153 spacious guest rooms and suites, tailoring amenities and services to both leisure and business travellers! All guests, diners and delegates can enjoy complimentary hi speed wifi with no download limits. The Walnut Restaurant has consistently remained a favourite venue for local visitors and regular hotel diners. Ask about our new a la carte menu featuring fresh local produce from Queensland farmers. For those with fitness in mind, the largest in-ground hotel pool in Brisbane together with spa and top floor gymnasium provide the freedom to relax and unwind or to enjoy an energetic work-out. A kick start to the day is made easy with an invigorating early morning jog around the numerous pathways of the Botanic Gardens. The hotel is well renowned for its in room facilities. Combining digital free to air television, Foxtel and satellite channels from around the world. A wide selection of pay per view blockbuster movies and favourites for adults and children alike. 37 radio stations combining local AM and FM channels with international flavour. This combines for a total of 188 viewing and listening opportunities. Whether you are looking for a conference venue, planning a Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner or perhaps even a Wedding, the hotel has up to 8 elegant function rooms to select from, catering up to 800 cocktail style or 400 banquet style. Guests of Royal on the Park are well placed to enjoy the range of leisure activities in Brisbane. It's just a boardwalk stroll along the water's edge to the Riverside Markets and an abundance of restaurants and al fresco cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal On The Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal On The Park Hotel Brisbane
- Royal On The Park Brisbane
- Park Royal