“Inner City Comfort!”

ULTIQA Rothbury Hotel
Ranked #82 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed October 3, 2010

My partner & I stayed at Rothbury with our 18 month old boy before a big international flight the following day. I had a huge esky of pre prepared food for our stay overseas and when I arrived they had offered to keep it in one of their large freezers until the morning, nothing was out of the question. We were greeted with happy, friendly & very competent staff. The location is fantastic, the rooms were very insulated, comfortable & clean. I would definitely stay at Rothbury Hotel again in the future & think it is fantastic that such a classic hotel has been looked after so well.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2010

My wife and boys stayed for a long weekend and found the large 2 bedroom apartment very nice. It was amazing to have a 2 bedroom apartment in the middle of the CBD. A bit of a walk to good restaurants but overall, very good.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I can not begin to describe my distress and upset over my stay at the Rothbury. I was there for the month on business, but after one week someone forcibly broke into my locked room at 6.30 in the morning and stole all my items of value - phone, computer, wedding rings, cash, credit cards - WHILE I WAS ASLEEP IN THE ROOM!
Not only was this a horrific invasion of privacy, and a terrifying experience, the stress was exacerbated by the hotel who refused to cover any of my items with their insurance, even though I had done nothing any normal customer would not do. They offered no sympathy or empathy, and I believe that they feared I might sue them and so totally disconnect from the situation and wanted nothing to do with it. There was no PR, no support no offer of any assistance or anything, not even comfort. Whatever their insurance policy, their handling of the whole affair was simply disgusting and not befitting of any company within a customer service industry. I have written a formal letter to the hotel director of my distress and upset over the situation, and he has chosen not to respond at all.
It is awful, and I can not stress enough to any potential guests, that this would be a bad choice. If anything happens to you while you are there, do not expect any help or human kindness from this hotel. Don't expect that your valuables are safe, or that you are personally safe, or that the hotel cares about these things.
I'm not the type of person that would dream of suing anybody, but the sheer arrogance and rudeness of the hotels response has made me think twice.

8  Thank SimpleSallyJ
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed in the Hotel rooms. The bed was terrible, well worn, springs were able to be felt, the air conditioning couldn't be adjusted and the room, even with the window opened, was stiffling hot. We were told that we could have free internet access, but there was no wireless available and the Hotel rooms don't have cable access. I went to see reception and was told there was nothing that could be done. I asked for a second key so my wife and I could go out separately but again there was no spare key. They did waive the parking fee but that was after we said we would never stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TITIME
Reviewed August 31, 2010

My husband and I were delighted to stay at this very charming Heritaged Listed Hotel.
The staff were of the finest quality that i have ever had the pleasure to meet and are world class. As my husband and i have trevelled extensively we were delighted to see that we were treated with as much respect at home in our own back yard as we are when we travel abroard.
The Hotel was very central to everything a tourist would want to see in Brisbane and im so glad we picked this hotel, we walked everywhere and loved it!
The champagne and chocolates and great value certainaly added to the charm.
The Building itself and its 1930's deco charm was just beautiful, my husband and i were amazed at how charming and clean this building was, we will certainly be recommending this hotel to all our friends and family. Thank you to all the staff at The Rothbury On Anne

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed at Rothbury for a business conference with my colleagues. The location was fantastic so close to the train station and offices. The corporate rate that we received was very competitive and worth the value of the hotel. I received a paper and breakfast basket which was great to have just before the morning conference.
will definately be back with colleagues. Staff was very helpful and allowed me to do printing and faxing from the office.

Reviewed August 30, 2010

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room I stayed in was a 1 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor. It was clean, it was tidy, it was spacious, it was well equipped and above all it was value for money. I really enjoyed staying there and the only problem i had (which in the end isn't really a problem at all) was the furnishings where a little dated... think 90's.

The windows opened, but the top halfs only. Kinda hard to explain and being only 5'3 it was a task to open and close :D
The Lounges were comfortable and the TV worked great. There was a VCR and DVD player which I didn't use.

The bathroom was just that.... a bathroom. The shower had good pressure (which is important to me) and of course there was the usual soaps and amenities. Linen was nothing special but It doesn't have to be.
I do think that the towels could of been a better quality. I found them really thin but they did the job. Also in the bathroom was the washer/dryer which was noisy so don't use it at night time.
The bathroom has doors to the bedroom and the living room.

I was really impressed with the kitchen and contents. It was only a 2 burner electric stove but inside the cupboard was an electric fry pan. There was a large variety of things in the cupboard which, if you would like ask, I have extra photos have.

The was plenty of crockery and a good variety of glasses; wine, red wine, water , coffee cups and coffee mugs.

Good kitchen :D

All in all this was a really awesome little apartment hotel. It is exactly how the brochure describes it and the pictures don't make it seem like something it's not. An interesting little feature of the 1 bedroom is the bed that comes out of the wall in the living room... at an extra charge of course.

I personally stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, but i do believe there are 2 bedroom apartments available for all the families out there.

What really made my stay special was the complimentary breakfast basket for 2 I found in the fridge. It was just enough for 2 (or just me) and was full of things like Weatbix, Nutrigrain, 4 slices of bread, 2 milks, 2 pineapple juices and all sorts of different I personally think that it was a really nice touch. The whole building is beautiful. I love the elevators and the way they have been restored. even though its only a small place it has a sense of grandeur about it. I'm told that some rooms have balconies as well.

There is a rooftop BBQ are and also an spa and sauna which I didn't get to use or look at (PROMISE I will do it next time).

Room service is pretty standard with it only appearing to be some sort of microwave meals that the reception deliver. In saying this they have a fairly extensive booze menu that you can order from.

Even though i gave this place a 8/10, and what I've said above... I recommend it to anyone that wants a nice place to stay in Brisbane. spreads.

1  Thank missjay89