“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #23 of 158 Hotels in Brisbane
Basingstoke
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed March 7, 2007

This hotel is simply fantastic. We had a one bedroom apartment and we were amazed at the quality and space when we walked in. Everything about it was great. We had a main TV in the lounge area, as well as a flat screen in the bedroom, the bathroom had two (TWO) doors so you could enter from the lounge or from the bedroom.

The front staff were very helpful the once or twice we asked them for or about something, no complaints there. The location is great and it was a relief when we walked out of the train station and realised the first building we could see was our hotel.

Quite simply this hotel is amazing at the price we paid and we would without doubt stay there again and recommend the one bedroom apartments to all our friends.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank darren267

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
Scotland
Reviewed February 26, 2007

I felt that the Rendezvous hotel was the perfect location and the perfect hotel for a city break in brisbane.

My partner and i spent 3 nights at the hotel and having been couped up in a hotel room for the previous 2 weeks of our trip, really appreciated the extra space that the 1 bedroom apartment provided. The facilities were good and after 2 weeks the added bonus of having a washing machine in the room was a welcome surprise.

As for the location it is perfectly central and only 2 blocks from Queen street which is the main shopping district and has an excellent array of shops. The rendezvous is also within walking distance of the southbank with its streets beach and many bars and restaurants.

All in we found our stay at the rendezvous very satisfying and i would recommend it to others.

• Liked — Location and size of the apartment
  • Disliked — Avg customer service
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Scottiboy
ROTHERHAM, ENGLAND
Reviewed January 11, 2007

Just got back from Australia, having toured for three weeks with my partner. The start of our trip was unfortunately I have to say at ‘THE RENDEZVOUS’.

This was our first trip to Oz and I was so looking forward to meeting people who were as I had been told Soooo laid back and friendly… the I got to this hotel and all my hopes were dashed as from the moment I got into the reception it was immediately apparent that THE STAFF just plain and simply, COULDN’T BE BOTHERED. We had paid a fair old price to stay at this place and the least you expect is a warm welcome after a long flight. WELL NOT HERE I’m afraid.

What is wrong with this hotel, they really do need to get their act together as my feelings seemed to be mirrored several times on tripadvisor. The management ought to get a good firm grip and SHAKE THE PLACE UP, the reason I say this passionately is because this hotel is gorgeous, its in a perfect location and I found the room to be more than adequate for a city break… but 1st impressions last and the greeting when you arrive and the way you are checked in means a lot to me.

We didn’t personally find that the club across the road was too much of a problem, but then again we were shattered and the only thing I was interested in seeing was the inside of my eyelids. I did however notice that directly next door to ‘THE RENDEZVOUS’ there is backpacker accommodation and there did seem to be quite a bit of loudness coming from that direction but it didn’t concern me too much..

The room came complete with a T.V and refrigerator/mini bar, along with the nicest bed and softest linen/pillows…Be careful with the minibar cos if you use the tea and coffee you will get charged… never had that before in a hotel getting charged for tea and coffee, but hey no hardship there.

The bathroom was to die for and the shower has got to be the biggest I have ever seen, you could get a family of four in there… hehehe

The final thing is OVERCHARGING this really was the final straw, I paid cash for my services and cleared my bill on check out where I was told that my credit card details would be destroyed….. you know what’s coming… only to return home and get my credit card bill and see that I had again been charged fro what I had already paid cash for… DOUBLE CHARGING.. the hotel were emailed straight away and they are in the process of issuing me with a refund…That’s fine but had I not checked my credit card bill then someone would have got away with my cash… all good evidence I feel to show poor management of the place…

‘THE RENDEZVOUS’ needs to get a grip of customer service and the lost personal touch..

If there is anything else you want to know about ‘THE RENDEZVOUS’ then please ask and I will try my utmost to assist..

If you are planning a trip to Australia and you intend on visiting Brisbane I would suggest to you to try somewhere else there is some gorgeous hotels out there and a lot are cheaper and better than ‘THE RENDEZVOUS’... if you really want to stay at this hotel then keep an eye on tripadvisor and see if the management have sorted things out.
Until then I can assure you that ‘THE RENDEZVOUS’ hotel will NOT be getting my money again…

Paddy :-)

• Liked — The Location And The Grand Feel To The Hotel
  • Disliked — The Rude And Unhelpful Staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Somewhere Else Until This Hotel Gets Its Act Together.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
12 Thank PADMIESTA
Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2006

On our reservation confirmation for 3 people in a 1 BR apt, it listed a TOTAL ROOM CHARGE at the bottom of the room descriptions. It in fact was NOT the total, as we were still assessed nightly surcharges for having an "extra person," even though that "extra person" was a part of the reservation. The hotel manager refused to remedy the situation or even consider changing the wording of the receipts to prevent future
misunderstandings and cut off contact with us. Buyer Beware! Additionally, there is a very loud bar across the street; not even earplugs helped.

• Liked — The lobby is beautiful. The room is spacious and clean
  • Disliked — The "Total Room Charge" on the confirmation was very misleading - Buyer Beware. Loud bar across the street made it hard to sleep at night.
  • Tips/Secrets — E-mail the hotel to clarify exactly how much the stay will be and ask about any possible extra fees/surcharges. Get this in writing!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
7 Thank SuperTraveler13
Queensland
Reviewed September 20, 2006

I stayed at the Rendezvous with 3 friends on a "weekend away", on the recommendation of someone who had stayed there for business. Whilst the 2 bedroom apartment was nice, the service was poor. The staff verged on rude from the point of check-in, and they didn't seem to care that one of their cleaners had left a cigarette lighter on one of our window sills and had left the window open - obviously from having had a cigarette whilst only half-cleaning our air-conditioned, non-smoking room!! We did not receive so much as an apology. Great location, it's true, but I'm a sucker for service and they won't get my money again.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
5 Thank Servicelover
Sydney
Reviewed September 2, 2006

I don;t know why people think this is an ordinary hotel - I just love it. It is in such a convenient spot. The rooms are great and spacious and the staff have always been very friendly and helpful. Whenever I go to Brisbane I always stay at the Rendevous.

Stayed August 2006
4 Thank natasha1cat
Sydney
Reviewed August 21, 2006

WE stayed at the rendevous for a long weekend. I was not impressed in the slightest with the hotel The only good thing about it was the location which was easy walking distance to most touristy things.
The rooms were pretty bad. I cant believe this hotel has 4 stars - it is more like a 2 star. I have stayed in 3 star hotels that put this place to shame.
The curtains were filthy - no joke. Also the furniture was old and tired.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone but a budget traveller who does not want any luxuries.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the rooms
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family