Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square
Hotels.com
$149
$144
  • Room Service
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$82
$73
  • Pool
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$120
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
Travelocity
$110
$107
$80
Agoda.com
2,126 results
All reviewscentral stationacross the roadrendezvous hotelgreat locationann stairport trainvalet parkingqueen street mallwasher dryerpublic transporteasy accessgreat place to stayshort walkinner citywould stay againbusiness tripreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I chose this hotel based on the convenient location to where my colleague and I were working. I had many telephone conversations with the reception staff prior to arrival due to another associate staying and working in the hotel. Every time I rang I was always accommodated in regards to my requests and nothing was too much trouble.
Upon arrival at the hotel, it was disappointing that no one came to our aid when our taxi dropped us off. We had quite a few bags with us and it would have been great to have a porter trolley to use instead of trying to carry our cases up the stairs. We were offered help when we were nearly at reception which was probably pointless by then. When my colleague and I checked in we were upgraded to a bigger room which was a pleasant surprise. We did however have to take our own bags to our rooms which was not a problem for me but my colleague did have the bulk of the bags. He did manage to use the porters trolley but had to take it himself.
I found the room spacious and clean, the bed very comfortable. I purchased the Breakfast business package which saved $1 off Full Buffet Breakfast but gave access to unlimited internet which was very useful and value for money.
My colleague found he forgot his hairbrush and rang reception during the night and was offered a complimentary brush but it was not offered to be delivered to his room, so he was annoyed that he had to go down to reception to collect it and felt that the hotel should have been more helpful due to the rates we were paying.
Overall the stay was good(only 1 night) and I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom was quite spacious for 1 person.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Brisbane_GM, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear WhalesTale5,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor - the team and I were delighted to read your positive review at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square and appreciate your comments regarding the assistance you received during the booking process and the quality and value for money you enjoyed during your stay. I have shared your comments with the team regarding the lack of assistance with your luggage and the hairbrush delivery to your room, in the hope that we can improve our level of service to guests in the future. Our team pride themselves on our customer service and to feel that we let someone down in this area is very disappointing to us.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future so that you can experience an even greater stay at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location but with ancient windows makes for no protection against the noise from the street making it difficult to sleep. I live in central London and I still feel the noise here is excessive! Sound protection is essential when you're overlooking a main street and opposite the central station.

Cigarette smells come from other the street or from other rooms. Further evidence that the walls and windows are in a sad state of repair.

Their wifi is exactly what you could expect 20 years ago. A custom non - standard web login to their network, working rarely and expiring every 100mb (requiring a trip to the front desk for a bucket load of tickets). Frankly it was easier to just walk around the corner and use the free council wifi.

And they put a sinister alarm clock in every room that goes off at a seemingly random time every morning, with no display or controls... working even when unplugged.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam H

Dear Sam H,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you found our our double glazed windows insufficient during your recent stay. As a heritage listed building, we have taken many steps to ensure our guests are not disturbed by local noise. Furthermore, I was disappointed to hear that you also experienced the smell of cigarette smoke - we are a completely non-smoking hotel, and had we known of this, our team would have investigated the source of this smell immediately, as it is against our hotel policy. We were unable to locate the sinister alarm clock that you refer to, and cannot understand how this could work without power.

Our team prides itself on customer service and to feel that we let someone down in this area is very disappointing to us. We are sorry that your stay wasn’t as enjoyable as it should have been, and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future so that you can experience what we are truly capable of.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Location was ok but you were able to hear the traffic outside if it was a very noisy car/truck.. Excellent service could not be more helpful.
About two blocks from cbd mall so small walk to main shopping.
Basic room for sleeping only

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Margaret M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square - the team and I were pleased to read your positive review and appreciate your comments regarding our excellent service levels! I was sorry to hear that you were bothered by some local truck noises - hopefully on your next visit we can interest you in one of our One Bedroom Apartments which also provides a little more space.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was a local in Brisbane but moved interstate, hence I travel to Brisbane often.
This was the first hotel I ever stayed in in Brisbane and my experience set the bar quite high. The room was quiet despite being quite close to a few nightclubs. Service and staff was excellent. Location is second to none being opposite central train station, close to buses and only 2 blocks from Queen St. I haven't returned to this hotel yet as I am still exploring others, but I always recommend this hotel to my family and friends when I hear they are visiting.

I also prefer the Anzac Square rendezvous much more than the rendezvous on george st. Building is nicer and cleaner here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear jedmo,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square - the team and I were delighted to read your positive comments regarding our quiet location, .

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights, in April 2014, and thoroughly enjoyed it. A well appointed, comfortable, functional refurbished one bedroom apartment in an historic building. All modern conveniences in the small kitchenette and bathroom (including a useful washing machine/Dryer combination). The room was adequately sized, and the hotel's location - across from the train station - was fairly handy to everything.

I'd happily stay here again when I get the opportunity.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mick B,

Thanks so much for this great feedback! We’re so glad you enjoyed your time at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you travel to Brisbane.