“Very satisfied”

Ranked #26 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Gladstone, Australia
“Very satisfied”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and chose because of closeness to central station. Staff were very helpful and asked if I needed the free wifi, usually I have to ask if its available and free.
I had a one bedroom room. Very nice and cosy and I loved the placement of the bedroom and walk in robe. Tv in bedroom and lounge area was good. I enjoyed the bathroom and the bath. It was good to see the kitchen area and washing machine. I liked the full length mirror.
I woke the morning thinking it was 5am and it was 8:30am. The good curtains and placement of the bedroom away from the window gave me a well deserved rest.
Reception were very helpful and I enjoyed the closeness of Queen and Edward street.
I will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013
RendezvousBris, Front Office Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Kimmy_kmr

Thank-you for your positive comments following your recent stay at the Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here in August and found the hotel to be in a good location just across the road from the train station. 15 minutes walk form the main shopping area. The bedroom is a standard size but we had a small kitchenette which was a great bonus as we had our breakfast in the room at half the price! Noise from the corridor was annoying and the light from the corridor which shone under the door was very bright when you were trying to have an early night as it shone straight at the bed. Had a poor experience while checking in and we were not impressed, but management dealt with the issue during our stay. I think that they should point out to you while checking in that if you use the kitchenette and the fire alarm goes off as a result of cooking then there is a 1000 dollar charge for the fire brigade call out, thankfully this did not happen to us but just a point that needs to be highlighted. There is a sign in the room but sometimes you might see these signs, we only noticed it on the third morning.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with the kitchenette as it will save you money on the breakfast once you don'...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PETOC
RendezvousBris, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear PETOC,

Thank-you for your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back
Uga, Spain
Reviewed August 31, 2013

No Gym, Swimming Pool or other fancy things can be expected here.

Very polite and well organized lady on check in and received great checkout service from an eastern decent man on checkout - thank you both.

The room Aircon was great until the early hours of the morning when it stopped being cold, instead blowing air which eventually became warm.

I informed a man on reception during the next day that it was at present working fine but my experience during the night was unacceptable and I wanted to ensure it would not happen again. The man gave me the standard hotel line "have you checked the dial on the wall" - I really hate that response when I have just finished telling him that it was working fine until it stopped blowing cold air in the early hours of the morning. He was insistent that there was nothing wrong with the air con and asked me if i wanted an engineer to come to my room. Again not listening to me as i was say it was at the present moment working fine.

I must admit i was pretty annoyed by his responses and i did not believe for one minute that he was telling me the truth. I asked another resident in the hotel who also confirmed that he had trouble with his air con that night too. If the man on reception didn't know and i can expect that because he probable was not on shift when it happened - don't argue with customers ! Just provide a great service, listen and respond with empathy, investigate and inform the customer of actions taken. Either do that or get a job outside of the hospitality industry - pretty simple really.

Notably On the second night i didn't have the same problem but my experience with the staff member and that there really isn't anything special about this hotel to make me want to stay here means that. i will not return to this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear whitepointer,

Thank-you for your positive comments regarding check-in and check-out services. I apologise sincerely for our less than helpful service during your stay, your comments have been discussed with all team members on ensuring that we meet guest expectations at all times. Thank-you for taking the time to review your stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Valla, NSW Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Everything a small hotel should be.Sensitively decorated. Small but well organised with even a mirror for checking full length before going to a meeting or outing. Quiet and high ceilings gave a vanishing charm to the room. Linens spotless and bathroom altho small, again appointed with solid fittings which gave a feeling of permanence and care. Excellently located to the train at Central Station. Staff very helpful and restaurant food was very palatable. Loved the proximity to Anzac Park with its amazing Boab trees and serenity.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Judith T
Dear Judith T,

Thank-you for endorsing our location and heritage charm. I look forward to welcoming you back
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is the 1st time we have stayed her but I hope it won't be the last. The hotel is so lovely with an olde world charm. The staff are so helpful and you can also buy tickets for the airtrain at the desk. Our room was lovely and quiet, not very big but fine for us. There are much bigger rooms available which we will probably try to get next time. We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was perfectly fine with lots of choices.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RendezvousBris, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Leonie U,

Thank-you for posting such positive comments. It is very pleasing to see that we are the hotel of choice in Brisbane and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Queensland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night here in transit. Very convenient location for those requiring the train to the airport, as we were, for an early start. Good four star accommodation in a great location, close to the Queen Strret Mall and shopping, dining, etc. Our room was very comfortable and clean, BUT...we had a room that was initially intended to be (I think) adjoining rooms and the thin flimsy door into the next room housed someone watching late night movies at TOP volumne. This was far too invasive for us, and should we ever stay here again, we will be specifically requesting not to have a room such as this. There was a bar and a restaurant in the foyer, which is convenient for those who don't want to go out to dine. Simply right across the road from the Central train station. Staff were very polite, but we had little contact with them, as only overnighting.

Room Tip: For goodness sake, request NOT to have a room meant for interconnecting!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RendezvousBris, Front Office Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane on your most recent trip to Brisbane. Thank you also for taking the time in providing your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and amenities. Per your insightful comments about our interconnecting doors, please know that we note your comments and will ensure an alternative room for your next visit. Thank you again
Canberra
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed for a work visit recently. The location of the hotel is very convenient and the little interaction I had with the staff was very pleasant

I asked for a room with a bath but it was very basic and not inviting enough to use

The room was very spacious but the furntiure was quite tired and worn out. The room was located on one of the lower levels and didn't feel like it was used regularly.

Also a bit noisy as it was lower down closer to the main road.

I would stay again as I suspect it was just an odd room allocation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level if you prefer less traffic noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RendezvousBris, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, your feedback regarding the furniture is noted and we are constantly looking to upgrade all our furnishings.We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Brisbane