“Great location but not 5 star”

The Sebel Quay West Brisbane
Ranked #68 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I found that like previous travellers have suggested the bathrooms need a makeover and the hotel is generally tired. Had no problems with the staff and found them to be friendly. Found the food very expensive for what it was.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rufus008

Reviewed October 10, 2010

I went over to see my friend who was staying there for a few days. One time I met this person I believe to be the general manager of the hotel. For no unknown reason, he just walk up to me and start being really rude to me with "I can refuse you or your friend's stay if I want attitude" that makes me feel he's racist as I have done nothing at all. I ignored the comment and went on with my business. I have seen him again the next day when he looks like he's occupied with I believe to be someone important from the establishment and he pretends he's never met me and start to act really friendly. I would never expect such fake manner from any hotel management and I felt I've been abuse and use in this case. There are some friendly staff there but they don't seem to be able to do anything about it. I will never go back to this hotel again with management like this.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank fe360cs
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stayed here for a week and had a room on the 14th floor, views were wonderful, the location is the best, 5min walk to queen st 7 min walk to south bank and a 5/6 min walk to the riverside restaurants, lovely outlook over the gardens, the staff are brilliant and we found the undercover parking very good, you do have to drive around until you find a space free but no real hardship. I do agree that the bathrooms do need an upgrade, the shower wasnt the best but i found the towels more than big enough and plenty of them, the balconies also needed a lick of paint and a bit of an upgrade, the pool area and gym are lovely, all in all we had a great stay , would stay there again but I do agree that the hotel in general needs a bit of an upgrade to keep its five star status.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2010

If this place has one redeeming feature, it's the pool area. The rooms are run downand the dirt and filth in the rooms was to the point of disturbing. Since I was having meetings, quite a few people visited me over my stay. Three of these seven people were quite rudely verballed for parking in the visitors parking spots. I thought that what visitors parking is for but apparently management didn't agree when I challenged them about it. The hotel manager Anthony was far from polite when he can be found. He doesn't return phone calls either by the way. I think this hotel is yesterdays hero unless the management changes.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Gilbo24
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Great location,lovely suite,brilliant staff.5*Can't say anything bad about this stay at Quay West.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Just spent 4 days in Brisbane with my family. Booked these apartments based on the previous reviews and was not disappointed. The apartments are in a great location with easy walking access to all the main areas you'd want to get to in Brisbane.
The apartment was spacious, clean and had great views, especially over the Botanic Gardens opposite.
The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly.
Overall it was the family concensus that we couldn't have picked better accomodation for our first visit to Brisbane

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed in the hotel for s weekend away. The location and size of the rooms is excellent. But the shower is poor, towels worse (tiny and way too few). The Internet connection kept failing even though it was charged as an extra (later removed from the bill).

In summery the hotel is in need of some TLC from it's owners.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple