The Sebel Quay West Brisbane
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)
  • Pool
Capri by Fraser, Brisbane(Brisbane)
Mantra on Mary(Brisbane)
  • Restaurant
Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane(Brisbane)
Oaks Casino Towers(Brisbane)
  • Fitness center
All reviewsbotanical gardensalice streetparliament houselarge balconythe riverone bedroom apartmentfloor overlookingwasher and dryerhome away from homeacross the roadgood sizelaundry roomsouth bankvalet parkingbit datedfull kitchenlate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed in the pent house for a special night with a little than above average accomodation. What disappointment!

After paying $1300 for 1 night expecting 5 star (as that is what is rated). With cracked windows , tacky lino flooring , a dirty old crusty kettle and little to offer.

Feel very ripped off!!

As soon as i got to the room I wanted to leave. I could not without losing the whole $1330.

Bad start to the night!!!

By the way penthouse means about 6 floors down from the top apartment.

To me it seems like false advertising.

No breakfast , no nothing

Room Tip: Don't do it!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leilani S
Mat F, General Manager at The Sebel Quay West Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Leilani S,

I would like to express my sincere apologies for the issues you raise following your reservation of one of our two Penthouse Collection apartments. I understand that you were in communication with my management team during your stay and I am disappointed that we were not able to resolve these issues while you were with us. I would certainly value the opportunity to discuss how we can further recover and would be pleased for you to contact me personally to assist.

Warm regards
Mat Finch - Hotel Manager
+61 7 3853 6000

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed two nights Sunday and Mon May 2014.

Nice location opposite Botanic Gardens in Alice St. About a 5 min walk up to Queens St Mall.

Suite was nice with a big deck over looking the gardens. Furnishings carpet etc were in good order inc the kitchenette. However the bathroom was a disappointment. Not clean with hair in the tub and mould in the shower. The vanity was knocked around with paint chips and worn off from the woodwork. The toilet seat was a good 10 years overdue for replacement was discoloured and very scuzzy and unsanitary. see photos.

The staff were good and over all was a pleasant stay but definitely no where near 5 star. Glad I wasn't paying the going rates.

Room Tip: Breaky not cheap. $35/night v parking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Gas000,

Thank you very much for your balanced review which, for the most part, highlights our uniquely spacious apartments and enviable views over Brisbane and the Botanic Gardens. I have discussed the condition of the bathroom with our technical team and will ensure that they track down the apartment to remedy these issues for future geusts. I sincerely hope this did not impact your level of comfort.

Mat

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Given the $450 rate per night the service was terrible. had to ask for my bags to be unloaded from my car.

It seemed to be a problem when I asked for my married name to be registered on the room as well as this was the name my clients would ask for.

My meal was not cooked. The lamb was overdone on the outside and raw in the centre. I then had to argue with the room service girl about the charge.

I have stayed at this hotel twice a year for business for the last 12 years. I'm. Not sure I will stay again. The cost is data too high and the service just not at all up to par for this type of charge.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Caroline S

Dear Caroline,

From the outset, please allow me to apologise for our rare lapse in excellence during your recent visit. We sincerely appreciate the long-standing relationship you have enjoyed with Quay West over the past 12 years and are committed to resolving the issues you raise. I would welcome the opoprtunity to discuss your stay in detail as well as extend a return visit to ensure we are afforded the opportunity to continue our association.

Mat - Hotel Manager
+61 7 3853 6000

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited quay west after choosing a secret hotel deal on wotif. I was very excited as it promised great views and luxury accommodation. The desk staff were lovely but we were only put on floor 3. The room was nice but not as nice as we expected for a 5 star apartment hotel. The room did not even have a champagne glass. We booked this at least 2 months earlier but were told when I questioned it the next morning that they were full and if I want a high floor in future to ring rather than put it as a request. Not sure if we would stay again as for similar price range stamford hotel has beautiful river views from all its rooms rather than looking at trees in a park. Wotif expectation was definitely not met.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear hungtydiner,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your stay with us. Pleasingly, our Reception team continue to provide lovely service however I apologise that we were not able to accommodate an upgrade from the garden view apartment booked to a river view apartment on this occasion.

Mat

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We are in the middle of a four day stay in a one bedroom garden view apartment. It has been a great experience, Mat and Amy has made us feel very welcome. The check in was friendly and efficient. Amy quickly arranged for an Apple Airport Express so that we could access wi-fi in our room. Thank you.

The room is large, clean and well equipped with everything we expected. The kitchen and laundry were in good condition, the bed was comfy and there was plenty of storage for our clothing. The bathroom was a bit small, but the toiletries were very nice.

The view over the gardens was worth the extra $. We very much enjoyed sitting on the verandah with an afternoon drink. The view as the sunset bathed the sandstone escarpment across the river in a golden light was glorious. The gardens are a lovely sight complete with pond and fountain.

A five minute walk took us Albert Street and lots of great eating options, including Peony. A bit further up is a Coles in Queen Street Mall. A Woolworths is in Edward Street. Friendship Bridge is a five minute walk, from there Southbank is at hand. The City Hopper ferry stops at Eagle Street Jetty, 10 minutes away.

Highly recommended. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mat F, General Manager at The Sebel Quay West Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Wolin,

It certainly sounds like you are enjoying your experience so far and have been able to make the most of the fantastic central location of Quay West - Brisbane has such a diverse range of activities all within easy distance! If there is anything further we can do to ensure the remainder of your stay is magical please do contact me directly.

Regards, Mat