“2 nights to many at over priced hotel”

The Sebel Quay West Brisbane
Ranked #64 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed June 23, 2013

for my 60th birthday my daughter got myself and my husband 2 nights accomodation at this hotel it cost her 410 dollars and it certainly was not worth that .We stayed at ahe abbey on roma street for 100 dollars and it was as good if not better for that overpriced hotel. We were on the first floor and the room really needed a lick of paint, curtains that went over the whole window. When i think of what we got in kuala lumpar and compare it to there it was so disappointing .Would not recommend the hotel to anyone

Room Tip: do not go there or if you have to make sure you are not on the first floor traffic all night long...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maree953
Mat F, General Manager at The Sebel Quay West Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Maree953,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us. I am extremely sorry that your time at Quay West was not as comfortable or enjoyable as we would have hoped - we strive to ensure that each and every guest enjoys a unique, welcoming experience and I regret that we missed the mark this time. Please accept my apologies for this.

I would welcome the chance to learn how we could have enhanced your time away and would be pleased to discuss with you directly if you wish to expand this feedback.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We always stay at Quay West when coming to Brisbane. The rooms are always clean, the water pressure in the showers is great, the rooms are tidied every day, and view of the park is always relaxing, the staff have never been anything but friendly and nothing seems to be a problem. The hotel is easy to get to and is in a great location, close to the city but far enough away that the traffic or people aren't a bother at night. My husband loves the fact that you can have a real kitchen with a real fridge and proper man sized glasses.

Room Tip: One bedroom apartments overlooking the Botanical Gardens
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

While the hotel isn't brand spanking new, it is very well maintained, and ticks all of our boxes for having a working kitchen, comfortable bath, and bed, and spectacular views, in a great locale for accessing the city, the river walks and gardens. The parking service very prompt and every interaction with staff very courteous and pleasant. The size of the apartment excellent and separate laundry a real bonus. Also gym and pool area well thought out and the private area for relaxing. one of the best we have seen.
One slight negative was breakfast was extremely average. Brisbane offers such good food in cafes, that the hotel really needs to offer better quality to be competitive. We opted not to eat breakfast and go elsewhere. Overall though good value for money

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Houdini546,

On behalf of the team at Quay West I would like to thank you for taking time out to share your beautiful experience. For the past 15 years we have continually tried to 'tick each box' and it's nice to know that we are still hitting the mark.

Thanks for highlighting concerns about breakfast, however - we are in the process of launching a new breakfast offering which will be live in a couple of weeks. I hope you will let us tick that box when you next visit.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here for my Birthday weekend. It did not disappoint. I loved the pool area, truly immaculate and the view from the balcony onto the adjacent parkland's was superb! Great facilities but spent most my days by the pool or unfortunately on the desk - working...but boy there could not have been a better place. Everything is close by as well which really helped as we had dinner out all nights!
Great staff, great place recommended to all my friends and family!
Will definitely be back once I move to Queensland for our weekends away!

Room Tip: looking over parklands
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hi sunseekers247,

Greetings from sunny Brisbane!

I am so pleased that we were able to make your time away from home such a wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing more of you when you relocate to Brisbane!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We got a mystery booking through lastminute.com and were pleasantly surprised by quay west suites. We had a toddler with us so the apartment we were given was more than adequate. It had all amenities, full kitchen, laundry with dryer & washing machine, spacious lounge, and large bedroom. It also had views of the botanical gardens and the river. It's located right in the heart of the city and only a 5 minute walk to cafes, shops and public transport. It was only a short stay but I would recommend the hotel to others wanting a home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed one night with my bf on a Saturday.
The lobby area is nice and staff are friendly.
The location is excellent - perfectly close enough walking distance to everything you need... cafes, restaurants, grocery stores, clothing stores, etc - but away from all the noise of people or traffic.
I went for a swim in the outdoor pool next morning. It's beautiful and clean. And there aren't other tall buildings closely surrounding it where sometimes people might snoop at you.
Just one thing though... we wanted to watch some DVDs but there wasn't a DVD player :(
And the in-room movies were a ludicrous $17 per movie! :0
Oh, and I guess it's a personal requirement... but I have terrible dust-mite :( and the sofa in the living area made both of us sneezy and itchy.

Room Tip: Room facing the botanic gardens :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My daughter had to change her wedding reception venue at short notice and Quay West were able to accomodate her. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Amanda, the events planner, ensured everything ran smoothly & the staff could not have been more helpful & friendly. Well done.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family