“Up scale and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Quay West Suites Brisbane
Ranked #62 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
“Up scale and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple days as I traveled up the coast.the service was great, the rooms and views fantastic. Two small complaints, a hotel of this caliber should, without question, have wifi in their rooms - they don't. Also, the breakfast extraordinarily over priced.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mat F, General Manager at Quay West Suites Brisbane, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Brad,

We are immensely proud of the service that our team provide, and I am pleased that you experienced the renowned Quay West style of service. Your feedback regarding our breakfast and internet services come as timely comments - we are very excited about the full relaunch of our breakfast buffet from Monday 18 February, and this promises to revive our offering in this area. We have also activated free wi-fi for all hotel guests in the lobby and restaurant areas, and our executive apartments also boast this feature.

Thanks for sharing your Quay West memories with us!

Mat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great location just around the corner from cbd restaurants, shops and Queen St Mall.
Nicely decorated room with plenty of space.
Nice big balcony overlooking the gardens.
Great Swimming Pool.
Only complaint was when I checked i they said I didnt have breakfast included. Gave them a copy of my online booking receipt, they took a copy and said they would call me back to confirm.
If I hadnt called back to confirm myself after 10pm....I guess I would still be waiting.
Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for higher up
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mat F, General Manager at Quay West Suites Brisbane, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback - I am sure you will recognise that the team at Quay West certainly strive to respond to all guest inquiries as soon as possible. I am so sorry that we missed the mark on this one, and thanks for allowing us the opportunity to reconfirm up your reservation details.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment on 19th floor on business. Whole apartment including balcony was extremely clean, check-in very courteous and efficient. I didn't eat there though. Beautiful location across the road from the Botanic Gardens and an easy 5 - 10 min walk into CBD. Had a very good sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Mooffy,

I was delighted to hear that your stay was in line with our benchmark for quality - it sounds like the team here were able to meet your needs. If you have a chance on your next visit, I do hope you make time to try our restaurant for breakfast or dinner - we'd love to hear your feedback also.

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The apartments were very nice with great views of the gardens and city. The front reception staff were helpful, courteous and willing to assist. I did have two issues with other aspects of our stay.

1) We had booked a package that included Continental breakfast. If this is a 5 star apartment then then breakfast would get a minus 5 rating. The breakfast is unimaginative, stale and of especially poor quality.

2) Parking fees were exorbitant ($30 day). Other 5 star Hotels in the same area offered buffet breakfast and parking packages for the same price as the Quay West.

I was pleased when I emailed my complaints to the Manager I received a positive response that made me think they may look at these issues and make changes for the better. It will be nice to see if this happens from customers in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mat F, General Manager at Quay West Suites Brisbane, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I would like to thank you for affording us the opportunity to address your concerns offline - as indicated in our correspondence, we will be relaunching our breakfast buffet mid-February and sincerely hope this alleviates some of the concerns you raised.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

regards
Mat Finch
Hotel Manager
}���S��
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Premium one bedroom apartment with balcony - 19th floor overlooking botanical gardens. Great!
Stayed for 3 nights and cooked in apartment - which had everything we required -twice. Continental breakfast was fine. We found staff very helpful. Good location. Would book here again if we stayed in Brisbane.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TomandAnn
Mat F, General Manager at Quay West Suites Brisbane, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hi TomandAnn,

It was a pleasure to host you at Quay West Brisbane, and I am delighted that you were able to make the most of our fully-equipped kitchen facilities throughout your stay. I have shared your positive comments with our service team at our recent meeting, and they were delighted to hear you found their service helpful.

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Quay West for 4 nights, Friday to Monday it was our anniversary on the Saturday.

The room was quite nice overlooking the Botanical Gardens, there were no screens on the doors to the balcony so could not leave the door open and enjoy fresh air due to bugs.

The menu was quite plain, not much varitey, so we only ate breakfast there which was quite good. If you wanted a cappucino then this was extra as filtered coffee was on offer.

The spa on the pool level was not working properly only half the vents were supplying water.

When I made my booking I made a point of saying that it was our ten year anniversary and would like to make it special, it is classed as 5 star accomodation, we did not even receive a bottle of wine or box of chocolates to say happy anniversay. The welcome on the TV did not even say anything except welcome.

I have been to many other places that are not rated as high and have had far better treatment when you want to make things special they go out of their way.

The cost was quite a lot given that we are a one income family, I thought I probably could have done better for the cost somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Piperjs
Mat F, General Manager at Quay West Suites Brisbane, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Pipersj,

Congratulations on your recent anniversary, and thank you for choosing to spend it with in style at Quay West Brisbane. I'm delighted that both the accommodation and breakfast met your expectations however wish to acknowledge your comments regarding some of the aspects of your stay that could have been enhanced by our service team's recognition of your special occasion. I'm sorry that this did not occur however pelase do make contact with me directly when next you travel and I will be sure to do my utmost to provide a magical Quay West experience.