“Great location, very clean”

The Sebel Quay West Brisbane
Ranked #64 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment on 19th floor on business. Whole apartment including balcony was extremely clean, check-in very courteous and efficient. I didn't eat there though. Beautiful location across the road from the Botanic Gardens and an easy 5 - 10 min walk into CBD. Had a very good sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Mat F, General Manager at The Sebel Quay West Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Hi Mooffy,

I was delighted to hear that your stay was in line with our benchmark for quality - it sounds like the team here were able to meet your needs. If you have a chance on your next visit, I do hope you make time to try our restaurant for breakfast or dinner - we'd love to hear your feedback also.

There are newer reviews for The Sebel Quay West Brisbane

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The apartments were very nice with great views of the gardens and city. The front reception staff were helpful, courteous and willing to assist. I did have two issues with other aspects of our stay.

1) We had booked a package that included Continental breakfast. If this is a 5 star apartment then then breakfast would get a minus 5 rating. The breakfast is unimaginative, stale and of especially poor quality.

2) Parking fees were exorbitant ($30 day). Other 5 star Hotels in the same area offered buffet breakfast and parking packages for the same price as the Quay West.

I was pleased when I emailed my complaints to the Manager I received a positive response that made me think they may look at these issues and make changes for the better. It will be nice to see if this happens from customers in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mat F, General Manager at The Sebel Quay West Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I would like to thank you for affording us the opportunity to address your concerns offline - as indicated in our correspondence, we will be relaunching our breakfast buffet mid-February and sincerely hope this alleviates some of the concerns you raised.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

regards
Mat Finch
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Premium one bedroom apartment with balcony - 19th floor overlooking botanical gardens. Great!
Stayed for 3 nights and cooked in apartment - which had everything we required -twice. Continental breakfast was fine. We found staff very helpful. Good location. Would book here again if we stayed in Brisbane.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomandAnn
Mat F, General Manager at The Sebel Quay West Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Hi TomandAnn,

It was a pleasure to host you at Quay West Brisbane, and I am delighted that you were able to make the most of our fully-equipped kitchen facilities throughout your stay. I have shared your positive comments with our service team at our recent meeting, and they were delighted to hear you found their service helpful.

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Regards

Reviewed January 12, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Quay West for 4 nights, Friday to Monday it was our anniversary on the Saturday.

The room was quite nice overlooking the Botanical Gardens, there were no screens on the doors to the balcony so could not leave the door open and enjoy fresh air due to bugs.

The menu was quite plain, not much varitey, so we only ate breakfast there which was quite good. If you wanted a cappucino then this was extra as filtered coffee was on offer.

The spa on the pool level was not working properly only half the vents were supplying water.

When I made my booking I made a point of saying that it was our ten year anniversary and would like to make it special, it is classed as 5 star accomodation, we did not even receive a bottle of wine or box of chocolates to say happy anniversay. The welcome on the TV did not even say anything except welcome.

I have been to many other places that are not rated as high and have had far better treatment when you want to make things special they go out of their way.

The cost was quite a lot given that we are a one income family, I thought I probably could have done better for the cost somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Piperjs
Mat F, General Manager at The Sebel Quay West Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Pipersj,

Congratulations on your recent anniversary, and thank you for choosing to spend it with in style at Quay West Brisbane. I'm delighted that both the accommodation and breakfast met your expectations however wish to acknowledge your comments regarding some of the aspects of your stay that could have been enhanced by our service team's recognition of your special occasion. I'm sorry that this did not occur however pelase do make contact with me directly when next you travel and I will be sure to do my utmost to provide a magical Quay West experience.

Regards

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel on many occasions and it always delivers. The best thing is that it is not your average hotel box that doubles as a room. You get a separate living area, kitchenette, and bedroom and then a great balcony over looking the Botanic Gardens. The staff are warm and friendly and nothing ever seems to be any trouble. I have done the Hilton & Marriott but Quay West beats them hands down. The only downside is the very small bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We staying here 3 nights and its more than we expected. Service is excellent and very accomodating. We are muslim by faith and the onsite restaurant assisted by preparing suitable meat free dishes for bfast in an appropriate manner. The front desk staff are very helpful. Special thanks to Chris who went all out to get us halaal food delivered when we arrived at almost 9pm too tired to go out to explore. Not forgetting other staff assistance with car hire and valet service. I would go out to say im sure they wud probably accomodate almost every reasonable need. We r onto 4 other destinations and hope that this has set a precendence for service.

• Stayed: January 2013