2,765 results
All reviewscreek streetpremier roomcentral stationtwo double bedsbuffet breakfastaccor memberroom servicegood sizebusiness hotelroom was spaciousenjoyable staybusiness tripcar parkingqueen st malllate checkmini barshort stay
Reviewed December 28, 2010

The nightly rate deal we got - especially for the time - was excellent. We really miss the bar being open more flexible hours, but like being able to walk everywhere. The parking is a little more difficult these days with the card preventing a few people from coming and going smoothly (you can't go around them if someone is stuck at the boom gate!). The young lady that checked us in was quite rude and sarcastic to my husband, then tried to laugh it off. Had we not pre paid, my husband would have left. The issue: Not everyone can afford to have hundreds of dollars sit in reserve on their credit card, for an indeterminant time, just to cover any mini bar we may or may not have. I will say, however, that the young lady checking us out could not be nicer - really lovely and pleaseant, and gave us a few tips for next time - like paying the reserve in cash, or by using tthe credit card reserve to pay the mini bar, and having the rest refunded, instead of paying separately, and still having the reserve sit on your credit card. An overall good experience, thanks again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Novotel Brisbane.

I am pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of the great deals over the Christmas period.

However, after reading through your response I am sorry that you felt one of our receptionist marred your arrival and do apologise for this shortfall in customer service.

I would like the opportunity to further discuss this with you in detail via phone or email. I am contactable on h1749-gm01@accor.com or 07 3309 3309.

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback and look forward to your correspondence.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

I stayed at the hotel with my daughter and overall we were quite pleased with our stay. The hotel was very nice and clean, the room was also very welcoming and the staff were all very friendly, but there were a few downfalls. Having to pay $25 per night for parking which does not include valet parking is a bit harsh, considering most other hotels have cheaper valet parking services. We ordered dessert from room service, and it was very nice, quite expensive and rich, but very enjoyable. The following morning we had ordered room service breakfast to be delivered between the time of 6am and 6:15am, and we received our breakfast at 6:20am. At this time, we were not very happy with what we received. They forgot to place my daughter's breakfast order so we had to share the sunrise breakfast which is a full hot breakfast. We ordered sides of hash browns and sausages, and they charged us $7 for these which is very expensive for 2 mini sausages and 2 mini hash browns. I order a T2 tea which was $6 and thought it would be a pot of tea but I received it in a disposable take away coffee cup with hot water and a Lipton tea bag, 1 plastic spoon and 1 sugar. They charged $6 for this, so I could of just used the free tea bags and sugar in the room., which was very disappointing. I rang and complained and they took the charge off my account. Following this, the sunrise breakfast was meant to come with kransky sausages and pumpkin hash browns. With the breakfast I got 2 mini plain sausages and 2 little onion balls. I rang and queried this and they said they had run out of kransky sausages and hash browns and T2 tea bags. I explained that it would of been nice to have been told that when it got delivered rather than keeping it quiet, or should of asked us if we wanted our money back or a replacement. So overall, room service was quite disappointing and would not order from there again due to service and the expensive prices. But apart from this, the hotels facilities, service, rooms and friendly staff were all very good and we were happy with the service :) And as far as the option of recommending the hotel - you should have a Maybe selection also as this would be my selection!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Novotel Brisbane.

After reading through your response I am quite disappointed in the way we have handled your room service breakfast and would appreciate the ability to discuss this further with you via phone or email.

However I am pleased to read that this has not impacted your overall view on the hotel including the facilities and staff.

I am able to be contacted via email or phone at h1749-gm01@accor.com or 07 3309 3309.

Thank you once again for your review and i look forward to your correspondence.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

The newly-renovated top floor rooms at the Novotel Brisbane are smart and functional. The rooms are comfortable and the balcony is pleasant. The bathrooms are fresh and modern. Added extras like a Nespresso machine make for an enjoyable stay. The internet was a little sluggish and I experienced problems on a number of occasions. These were eventually resolved by friendly staff. A very convenient location. Attractive public areas and good restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Dear Emeste,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Novotel Brisbane.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and found our nearly refurbished rooms smart and functional.

Please accept my apologies for the inconsistencies with the internet service, I can certainly appreciate your frustration and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2010