2,769 results
All reviews creek street premier room central station two double beds buffet breakfast accor member room service good size business hotel room was spacious enjoyable stay business trip car parking queen st mall late check mini bar short stay
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I stayed at the hotel with my daughter and overall we were quite pleased with our stay. The hotel was very nice and clean, the room was also very welcoming and the staff were all very friendly, but there were a few downfalls. Having to pay $25 per night for parking which does not include valet parking is a bit harsh, considering most other hotels have cheaper valet parking services. We ordered dessert from room service, and it was very nice, quite expensive and rich, but very enjoyable. The following morning we had ordered room service breakfast to be delivered between the time of 6am and 6:15am, and we received our breakfast at 6:20am. At this time, we were not very happy with what we received. They forgot to place my daughter's breakfast order so we had to share the sunrise breakfast which is a full hot breakfast. We ordered sides of hash browns and sausages, and they charged us $7 for these which is very expensive for 2 mini sausages and 2 mini hash browns. I order a T2 tea which was $6 and thought it would be a pot of tea but I received it in a disposable take away coffee cup with hot water and a Lipton tea bag, 1 plastic spoon and 1 sugar. They charged $6 for this, so I could of just used the free tea bags and sugar in the room., which was very disappointing. I rang and complained and they took the charge off my account. Following this, the sunrise breakfast was meant to come with kransky sausages and pumpkin hash browns. With the breakfast I got 2 mini plain sausages and 2 little onion balls. I rang and queried this and they said they had run out of kransky sausages and hash browns and T2 tea bags. I explained that it would of been nice to have been told that when it got delivered rather than keeping it quiet, or should of asked us if we wanted our money back or a replacement. So overall, room service was quite disappointing and would not order from there again due to service and the expensive prices. But apart from this, the hotels facilities, service, rooms and friendly staff were all very good and we were happy with the service :) And as far as the option of recommending the hotel - you should have a Maybe selection also as this would be my selection!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Novotel Brisbane.

After reading through your response I am quite disappointed in the way we have handled your room service breakfast and would appreciate the ability to discuss this further with you via phone or email.

However I am pleased to read that this has not impacted your overall view on the hotel including the facilities and staff.

I am able to be contacted via email or phone at h1749-gm01@accor.com or 07 3309 3309.

Thank you once again for your review and i look forward to your correspondence.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

The newly-renovated top floor rooms at the Novotel Brisbane are smart and functional. The rooms are comfortable and the balcony is pleasant. The bathrooms are fresh and modern. Added extras like a Nespresso machine make for an enjoyable stay. The internet was a little sluggish and I experienced problems on a number of occasions. These were eventually resolved by friendly staff. A very convenient location. Attractive public areas and good restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Dear Emeste,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Novotel Brisbane.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and found our nearly refurbished rooms smart and functional.

Please accept my apologies for the inconsistencies with the internet service, I can certainly appreciate your frustration and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 27, 2010

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 24, 2010

I want to thank you for an excellent experience. I arrived early in the day, hoping to just leave my bags, but was checked in straight away. The room was lovely, the beds extremely comfortable. The staff were excellent, extremely friendly and competent. The location is very convenient, so close to the trains and the shops. Next time I travel I hope to stay at the Novotel again, and am recommending it to friends and family.
Merry Christmas!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm review regarding your stay at the hotel.

I am pleased to read that you had an excellent experience and were able to check in early.

At Novotel we strive to provide superior customer service and the ability to make every guest's stay, a special one.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Novotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.