“Good Hotel / Hard Walk up the Hilll”
Review of Novotel Brisbane

Novotel Brisbane
Ranked #40 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Denver
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had to fly to Brisbane from the US for a wedding with my wife and 2 kids back in August, and we chose to stay at the Novotel. The rooms were very clean, though I have a nit to pick. In the bathroom tub, there was a piece of glass covering half the tub instead of a shower curtain. The glass did not do its job very well, and a large amount of water escaped onto the bathroom floor every time someone took a shower. To alleviate this problem, there is a drain in the bathroom floor. If everything had worked the way it was supposed to, the water which dripped out of the tub would have gone down that drain. However, there was a low spot on the floor about a foot away from the drain. Instead of going down the drain, the water formed a puddle right in front of the bathroom sink, which was a real pain to deal with. But that aside the everything else really was quite good.

There was an incident during my stay that I wanted to mention. On the day of the wedding, I took my 2 year old daughter (who of course caught something on the plane and was running a fever) down for breakfast about two hours before we were to leave for the ceremony. She drank half a glass of milk and proceeded to vomit all over the table, chairs and floor. The hostess came over right away, helped me out, and told me not to worry about the mess. I then took my child back upstairs to clean her up. About a half hour later I got a call from the restaurant asking how my daughter was, and informing me that her teddy bear we had forgotten was at the front desk. The way that hostess and the rest of the staff handled the whole episode really meant a lot to me, all the more so having just traveled halfway around the world with an exhausted, sick child. I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone, the staff are really a class act.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ThePac
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hello ThePac,

Oh my goodness what a terrible time to get sick! I'm very glad that we were on call there to assist you! I do hope that it was only a temporary illness and that all is well now!

Thanks for telling us about your stay!

Andrew
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

It is in the heart of the city thus the place is truly accessible to transportation, restaurants and shopping. Coming in to the hotel one will be impressed with the set up of the lobby that is spacious enough for sitting around while waiting for ones room and even for few minutes relaxing. The room is clean and artistically designed giving ones feeling of "I am special".

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RedHD16
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Hi RedHD16,

It is our belief that everyone is special! It's good to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our location and see the sights!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Andrew