“No other place to comapre”
Review of Novotel Brisbane

Novotel Brisbane
Ranked #38 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney
“No other place to comapre”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is the best place to stay in Brisbane CBD if you don't mind 10-20 minutes walk to most of Brisbane attractions and train station (only few steps away to Central).

I did not come across any staff in the hotel who hesitated to smile, make me feel home and offer to assist. When I had some issues at the internet kiosk on internet banking, Front Office members (Ruby and Mark) helped me solve the issues swiftly. Restaurant members (Mark and Maria) were absolute stars while I dined there. I felt like I was having meal at my friend's or family's places. The meal was just right above the average, however warmth from the hotel staff added extra credit.

A couple of things I would like to address is, Housekeeping omitted my room to clean on the second day. The Duty Manager, Mark allowed me to have late check out to compensate the inconvenience which I was extremely happy about. Also, sound proof could be an issue for someone like me who is a light sleeper. Maybe the hotel can review of the door replacement when they consider refurbishment.

Obviously, I have no doubt that the management team maintain service and staff at a very high level - I was quite impressed with positive and friendly attitude of the staff. I used to work for Accor's competitors and overall experience I had in this hotel is far better than the companies I used to work for. Congratulations!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear wonjefresh,

Thank you for your kind review of Novotel Brisbane on TA. I am especially pleased to read of the warm and genuine service you experienced across all areas of the hotel, and despite small hiccups, these were rectified to your satisfaction.

wonjefresh, thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in Brisbane.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This is quite a nice, though standard, hotel. The rooms comfortable, end very comfortable. TV has hdmi inputs etc in the wall if you want to plug in your laptop or ipad. Also enough power outlets to charge all the gadgets I carry. He bathroom has a bath/shower, the shower door is a bit of a pain to get in and out. On the not so good side, the TV signal dropped out often, and I got woken up by my neighbors leaving - maybe they were just noisy.
Close by to downtown, trains and a short walk to the valley for Chinatown, and the night life.
Parking available on site.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Biolela
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Good Motel all above board. Nice walking distance to Queen St mall. Overnight car parking is the cheapest that i have found in the city, I had a Free night through ACCOR Advantage Plus so I cannot comet on the price of the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Western Sydney
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I have now stayed here a number of times for overnight work trips. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Staff are always helpful and good at their jobs. Bar is nice. There are a couple of nice cafe's close by and the mall down the hill for late night munchies. The only drawback is the pool which, although a good size, has tall buildings around it so is in the shade a fair bit!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The professionalism of this place is always fantastic. Front desk is always willing to help out, though sometimes a little busy. Rooms are clean and well stocked, comfortable, modern enough. Maybe a bigger shower area but I guess that would need a refurbishment that isn't required. But it is where I stay when in the city. Plus it's only a five minute walk from the mall area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Buderim
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The only negative was the configuration of the bath/shower , in our room , I am sure they never had their 70 year old grand mother attempt to set up the shower , the half glass swing panel does not allow for safe access adjustment of water temperature, Additionally ,the height and non adjust ability of the shower head would also cause a problem. These refurbished rooms are excellent in all other areas. We enjoyed our stay , the staff , food , service , location were all excellent . We would stay there again, hoping the shower problem can be resolved.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear interstellertravell,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Brisbane on TA. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the majority of your stay, however note the difficulty you had in the shower. While the majority of our rooms are as you described, the hotel does offer more accessible rooms for the elderly. Please make a request for one of these rooms for your future travels with us.

Thank you again, and we look forward to making your next stay with us even more pleasant than the first.
Darwin
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here from the 1st - 6th May 2013. Our trip was for business and its location to the central CBD and shopping is good. It is about a 10 minute walk downhill to the mall, just remember that when returning you are walking up hill all the way and if loaded with bags, to take this into consideration.
The taxi fare from the airport was approximately $50.00 and to Southbank $15.00. The train is very close and convenient. The staff were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble, the room clean and the bed was comfortable.
The breakfast was ok and they will cook eggs for you if you ask, my only criticism about the breakfast would be that it never varied at all. We were there for 5 breakfasts with the exact same selection every morning.
We dined there for dinner on several nights and the majority of the meals were good and the staff were faultless.
We would recommend the hotel and would be happy to return in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business