“Concert getaway”

Novotel Brisbane
Ranked #39 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at the Novotel and used our Accor free night so I can't really say if it was value for money. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They organised a car for us to take us to the Entertainment centre all without any fuss. The rooms were nice and clean.
We had breakfast there the next morning and I need to say that it was disappointing at $25.00 per person and that is a discounted rate. There was a 20min wait for poached eggs, the fried eggs were ordinary, the mushrooms had no flavour. I just feel that for a top class place like the Novotel that breakfast would be a bit more exciting especially at that price.

NB: Novotel is very close to Central Station so a good place to stay if you want to catch the train to a show at the Entertainment Centre

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 19molly68
There are newer reviews for Novotel Brisbane

Reviewed February 20, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Having stayed here some time ago, I thought it was time to stay again. I'm glad i did. The attention to detail was excellent. There was no fluff on arrival and everything was made so easy. Service in the bar was very good along with the more than attentive service in the restaurant. The food was of an excellent quality and dinner was enjoyable even though I was by myself this time round. The Food & Beverage Supervisor, Bar and Wait Staff along with the crew from the kitchen deserve a pat on their backs.

I will definitely be back for another stay, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear LiveCairns,

It's great to see that you came back, and that we provided you with the service and quality you expected.

I'm happy to see your experience was consistently great across Reception, the Bar and the Restaurant, and we'll look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thanks.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Sorry for the late review - maybe things have changed since I stayed here at the Novotel (May 2012) and today as I write this. I do make it a habit to review and upload it to TripAdvisor, to help out others.

Anyway, on with the show. Clean. Spacious (except for Yoga). TV took a bit of figuring out, but got it going in the end. There was a channel which had In-Room Yoga, which I tried to do but it wasn't going to work. I had views of the pool below, which seemed inviting (if only it were warmer) and I also had a $50 credit to use in the restaurant below.

My only gripe was the cleanliness of the restaurant (and this is where I hope things have changed since then). Pigeons are by no means the fault of the Novotel, however they were in abundance and at one point, I had to throw away my food because one of them flew down and tried to peck at my breakfast. EWW! Mind you, I was sitting outside and then had to opt to sit outside. The only blemish on what was an enjoyable one night stay.

Staff were friendly, offered to take my bags in early (when I checked in) and were helpful with directions.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed for one night at the end of a conference. Good location. Good reception staff. We arrived at 9:30am and the reception staff kindly let us check straight in which was really helpful. Nice clean and well sized rooms. Comfortable bet and spacious bathroom. Breakfast buffet was a bit expensive for what it was.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good location service at check in dining and bar good. There is an extra charge for parking however parking is easy to get to. The novotel is within easy walking distance of most Brisbane venues, cabs also easy to get.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The room was great, the service was great in all sections of the hotel and restaurant. The food was wonderful and a great staff with wonderful and friendly service and food. We had one of their accessible rooms which made life so much easier for us both.

Room Tip: Go for a room up high for the view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family