“Really enjoyed this hotel besides some payment issues.”
Review of Novotel Brisbane

Novotel Brisbane
Ranked #38 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
GreenLeadersGold level
Newcastle, Australia
“Really enjoyed this hotel besides some payment issues.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel. The beds are my favourite and the staff are very accommodating.

I had an issues with the pre authorisation on my credit card which wasn't released for a few days based on the hotels fault. However the gm contacted me to apologise. Very greatful.

Would recommend for business travel.

• Stayed September 2012
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Pixrun,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that we were able to resolve the issue with your credit card. Please accept my sincere apologies again for this incident.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Andrew Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

As a seasoned traveller for business, I know what I like and I just loved the Novotel. My expectations were well and truly exceeded.
Amazing service from the front desk, room service to the housekeeping and the spotless amenities;I'll be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear traveller,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us. I am delighted to read of your positive experience and that the teams throughout the hotel were able to exceed your expectations. Your comments will be shared with the team as we continue to work towards improving our services. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Brisbane.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Had a great stay at the Novotel Brisbane. Breakfast was amazing and all the hotel staff were friendly and polite. Rooms were also well decorated and clean. We also received a very nice hand written welcome to the hotel as we were visiting Brisbane briefly as part of our honeymoon. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Dear jugstah,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and am glad we could assist in a small way to make your honeymoon memorable. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Warm Regards

Burnie, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Thankyou Novotel Brisbane for another great family stay. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly staff. Kudos to the evening staff who made our children so welcome on arrival. The buffet breakfast is a great start to the day - and skip lunch! The bath/shower combo is a little inconvenient and leaky, but everything else is 1st class.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Traveller,

It is always nice to hear from a return guest and their family. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay particularly our breakfast offering and interactions with the team. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to your return to the hotel soon.

Bowen, Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was presented very well and bed was very comfy. The meal were exceptional and the buffet breakfast in my wife and my opinion was one of the best spreads we have seen at a hotel for some time. ALL IN ALLL OUR STAY WAS GREAT AND WE WILL MOST DEFINATELY BE STAYING AT THE NOVATEL BRISBANE NEXT TIME WE ARE DOWN THERE WITH THE KIDS AS IT SEEMED VERY FAMILY FRIENDLY.

Placid Hills
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed at the Novotel while at Softball State Titles., very handy as not far to softball grounds at Downey Park and spent some quality time in the city when not at the grounds.. very central and convenient... Great breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Canberra
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Overall the stay was fine but I did expect more from a 4.5 star hotel.

When we checked in the lady asked us why we were in Brisbane. Our response 'funeral'. I expected 'Sorry to hear that' (nothing else needed). Instead the lady responded "well there are worse places to stay'. I found it quite a strange response and off putting.

While we booked a standard room, I still expected all base facilities to be of a certain standard. No complaint about the room itself but the bathroom was not up to scratch. They had replaced the toilet and vanity but the tiles were in need of grouting. The shower over the bath was outdated, the shower screen had soap scum on it, the shower head was awful, and the tiles were much worse around the shower (ie in need of clean, replacement and/or grouting).

The hotel was hard to find (nav man had trouble), with that strange bridge, and I don't recall anything helpful on the website about finding it. The location is OK but its probably a 10 min walk into the city and not that easy (across main roads with no pedestrian space).

The menu was not that appealing and there was not alot available for dine in room choices. Though on the plus, they do have healthy choices, and I'm guessing this could be useful for regular travellers. Can't comment on dinner as we didn't eat there.

Parking was no problem (undercover), and you could park yourself which is useful.

Room was way too hot and no matter how low I turned the control, it was hard to sleep. While its winter, I guess being from Canberra, I don't actually think it is cold in Brisbane.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear CherCanberra,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the reason for your visit to Brisbane and that your stay was not to our usually high standard. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the the team for their immediate attention.
I hope that you would consider returning to the hotel and give us the opportunity to serve you better.