“Novotel is lifting it's game”
Review of Novotel Brisbane

Novotel Brisbane
Ranked #43 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The first thing that will impress you is the greeting that you receive when you check-in. Genuine polite friendliness was very evident and I must say one of the best check-ins I have experienced over the years of travel. Luggage transported to room quickly and with the same degree of friendliness.

The rooms are very adequate, large and well appointed with mod tech connections. Bathroom had good amenities however although we had an upgraded room they have neglected the shower in bath concept. Quite difficult to get in and out of if you don't have long legs. Gets a minus here. Bed good and comfortable although the pillows could do with a big UPGRADE.

Cost for the night was $179.00 plus breakfast for 2 which bought it to $212.00. Breakfast was Ok without being anything with an average factor. Not a five star serving or choice like Sofitiel or Hyatt etc. Valet Parking is expensive $40 which is dear for Brisbane.

Overall a good stay and I would recommend this Hotel for anyone seeking in-expensive accomodation in the City. Staff gave this an extra star from me

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Dabear1950,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. It is pleasing to read that you found your stay with us overall comfortable and the team friendly. Please be advised that while the majority of our rooms have the shower over bath concept, we do have some rooms with only a shower unit – on making your next booking you are more than welcome to enquire about these. Your comments have been shared with the team as we work towards continuously improving our guest’s experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Andrew Lee

Write a ReviewReviews (2,648)

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Wife and I arrived at the Novotel after 30 hours of international travel. We were going to be in Brisbane for a few days, mostly to relax and detox from jet lag before proceeding on to other stops.
There was no bellman to meet us, but there were luggage carts in front of the hotel. I'm usually happy to take care of my luggage, I'm in good physical shape and I like moving things around, but at that moment I was tired and would have appreciated the support that is typically available at a good hotel.
After checking in, I wheeled the luggage cart up to the assigned room (still no bellman). Then we discovered that the keys did not work, so we had to arrange admission to the room.
At the threshold, we saw a room that was on the small side, but not unclean or unacceptable. However, my wife and I looked at each other and said almost simultaneously 'lets get out of here'.

I wheeled my luggage cart back downstairs and we logged onto the computer in the lobby. Ten minutes later we had reservations at another hotel. At this point the bellman showed up and I gratefully accepted his assistance loading our luggage into the taxi.

It's hard to say what did it. We were both tired, we needed comfortable quarters where we could relax after the long journey. None of the specific incidents were necessarily significant enough to warrant re-booking a hotel at the last minute. No bellman? Generally I wouldn't even notice, as I do not typically need assistance. Keys don't work? That can happen anywhere, as well. The room was small, but we could have asked to upgrade and chose not to.

I think we shared an intuitive sense that staying here would be unsatisfying on some level, and at that particular moment we needed something more. Perhaps under other circumstances, for instance if I was alone on a business trip, the Novotel might have been acceptable. In the end we stayed happily at the Sofitel, another Accor property. We paid more, but it was worth it.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank schneid21

Dear schneid21,

Thank you for your feedback. At the hotel our team strives to meet the expectations of every guest and I apologise that we didn’t meet yours. I will inform my team of your experience so that we can improve our service for the future. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel ensuring that your expectations will be met.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Newly refurbished fresh and clean with rooms with quality bedding and furnishings. Restaurant provides meals which are reasonable priced. Small but adequate wine list. Staff eager to please but were not intrusive. Located at the top end of the city precinct Can be a little difficult to navigate your way into the city at first. Within ealking distance of main shoping malls and riverside attractions. Approx 30 min walk to South Bank.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great service but terrible breakfasts food was cold hair in food Wait staff not interested in problem Room was clean close to most things would stay again but probably wouldn't eat there.air conditioner was noisy at night

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear donna73,

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you were happy with our accommodation offering and the overall service provided during your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding your experience with us at breakfast and be assured that this is not indicative of the high food service standards here at Novotel Brisbane. Your comments have been passed on the Chef and Food and Beverage Manager for their immediate attention.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We a great night at Jersey Boys , hotel next to Central Station so a 5min trip by train to the Theatre, and then back to the Bar for a late night tipple, a fun night and stay, PS the breakfast was just what we needed the next day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at the Novotel. Ate in the restaurant twice for dinner food was nice and service excellent. Beds were comfortable but I have certainly stayed in nicer, more comfortable beds. Breakfast on the Sunday was very crowded - but it was Fathers Day. Overall - a lovely getaway with the family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear brenkt,

It is great to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us, particularly dinner in the Restaurant. I am sorry that the beds were not as comfortable as you have experienced previously. Please be advised we have recently begun the process of changing the mattresses in our rooms to ensure guest comfort.
Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return to the hotel soon.