Park Regis North Quay Hotel
The Sebel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
$118
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Oaks Charlotte Towers(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$123
Mantra on Queen(Brisbane)
$128
$113
  • Restaurant
Watermark Hotel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$117
$77
Emporium Hotel(Brisbane)
$137
$133
Travelocity
$80
1,212 results
All reviewssuncorp stadiumthe rivergreat locationcaxton streetroma stnorth quayone bedroom apartmentcar parkshort walkgreat roomeasy walkbuffet breakfastper dayenjoyed my staytrain stationinner cityone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Booked in for 2 nights this hotel is definitely value for money. Greeted by friendly staff and issued with our room key we proceeded to the car park. It is the smallest, tightest car park I have ever seen and in fact as no more parks available then had to reverse all the way up until I could execute a 5 point turn ( we had a Toyota Camry). Ended up parking on Roadside out front which been the weekend was cheaper than the Hotel's $27.00 a night. After getting upstairs the rooms are clean and well presented, although no opening windows so it got quite stuffy over night even running the air con. We had a Fluro that didn't work properly so ended up removing the starter to shut it off. Housekeeping replaced our towels even though we hung them up to dry and help the environment AND the hotel asks you to help them help the environment. On top of that didn't replace everything they took out for our second night. Our booking was King Bed and ended up in a Queen. As the saying goes you get what you pay for. Beware when booking this hotel as it's not what it seems.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petenandlin
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis North Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear petenandlin,

Thankyou for your details from your stay. Both positive and negative points have been addressed with the departments involved, especially our housekeeping contractors who in this instance have failed to help the environment as we promote within the rooms. The carpark size we cant do much about, but we are working with a local more modern (and larger) car parking station to assist on busy nights.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon the Park Regis North Quay.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stay here a few times a year. The location suits us fine as we enjoy a walk down to the town. Parking is expensive as it is in most inner city hotels. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast could do with more selection. I think the furniture could do with either recovering or replacing. Enjoyable stay for us.

Room Tip: We ask for a higher floor and away from lifts for a quieter sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear christinem52,

Fantastic to read your review, thankyou for the kind words regarding the staff, they are the centre of any hotel. I am happy to inform you also changes are planned in the restaurant (all menu’s) and a soft refurbishment has commenced.
Please contact myself or the Front Office Manager when you are due to travel next to Brisbane, I would be happy to look after you personally.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I came across the Park Regis Hotel through my favourite hotel website, Wotif. It had a really good deal, which was actually bettered on the hotels website. So, I booked two nights for a river view one bedroom apartment at a really reasonable rate. No complaints so far.

My first impression of the hotel was it's carpark, which is, in a word, a nightmare. Parking spots against walls going down a steep slope, leaving one lane only for both entering and departing traffic. I found a spot on level ground and headed for reception. There were a couple checking in ahead of me, so I waited my turn and had a look around. There was one woman manning reception and another woman (in business clothes but not in uniform) leaning against the end of the reception desk. At this point, I wasn't sure if she worked there or was just a really casual and overfamiliar guest. She didn't acknowledge me either way. When the woman working in reception had finished checking her guests in, it became apparent leaning lady worked there as she immediately engaged the receptionist in a work related conversation. She was obviously management of some description. Second cross for the hotel. What sort of manager leaves a customer standing waiting without even acknowledging them?

The room itself? If I had to limit myself to one word, that word would be tired. Typical furniture for the type and price of the room (slightly fashionable colours, but inexpensive) but worn and stained. Yes, it had a huge tv (apparently this matters to guests) and a complimentary mini hi-fi system, but it only took cd's and had no facility for docking or charging an ipod or phone. Does anybody still carry cd's around with them? The air-conditioner was huge, old, noisy and apparently, part of the décor as it pretty much made up the console that the television sat on. There was a letter on the desk notifying me that room upgrades are in progress, and they are certainly not happening before time.

The bed itself (and this is what matter most to me!) was very comfortable. No complaints there. Had a delightful nights sleep. My next rude surprise came the next day when, as I was getting ready to go out, there was a knock on the door with the cry, "Minibar check". It was coupled with a martinet of a woman (no other way to describe her) who marched in, opened the fridge, muttered, "that's okay" and then marched out again. I felt like I was at boarding school and had just passed room inspection!

My last shock came on departure. This is where I first discovered that the nightmarish hellhole of a parking lot came at a steep price. $27 a night, in fact. When I mentioned that at no time previous had anybody (not the website, not the woman at reception when I checked in) informed me of said cost, the otherwise friendly woman said, "that's strange, you should have been told". Well, I wasn't. Apparently, it was mentioned in the "Welcome" letter I was handed as I checked in. Had I realised the welcome letter wasn't merely a complimentary, "have a nice stay and please let us know if there's anything we can help you with" missive and instead was a "Here are the other things you'll have to cough up for that we've neglected to mention" type deal, I would have actually read it, down to the fine print. Okay, my bad. But to have this charge without any proper prior warning or even an apology was a bit much.

I won't be revisiting this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank amazoncowgirl

Dear amazoncowgirl,

Thankyou for the detailed breakdown of your stay. Please accept my apologies for the intrusion of the minibar attendant and information regarding the car park.

All points you have mentioned have been discussed in detail in our team meetings, but the size of the car park cannot be changed unfortunately. Moving ahead, the hotel is currently undergoing a soft refurbishemnt concerntrating on the finer details and older rooms that are in our rental pool.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here last Friday night for a conference in the city. The staff let us arrive early and park all day, plus they gave us a late check out the following morning. We were on the 19th floor with a view over central station. Our room was next door to some permanent tenants who had their door ajar at all times so you could see them walking about in the room, and their cooking aromas were wafting about. I have experienced this before in Sydney and I am not a big fan of this as it spoils the holiday feeling, and I am sure the permanents dont like it either. Our kettle didnt work, the shower was a little more than a trickle, the sink tap sprayed you even on low, and the king bed was two single pushed together (common) however there was no matress protector which felt dirty and my hubby and I had to stay on opposite sides of the bed or risk serious spinal damage. The room itself was spacious, it had a cute little kitchenette, table, chairs, lounge, plasma, seperate bathroom and bedroom. The kettle was replaced promptly when we reported it, so I cannot fault the staff, they were all very friendly and efficient. We were about 8 mins walk to the mall, close to central station good if you are catching transport anywhere, and about a 15 min walk to Southbank. The pool area was run down but at least it had deckchairs. Overall it was a pretty good stay, cheap accomodation for the location, however a river view away from the permanents would have made the experience more memorable. We will most likely return as it is in a good location and is good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the same floor as permanent residents and a river view if available.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Alansandie,
Great to hear you had a good stay and thankyou for the great comments regarding the service. I know all positive feedback motivates both fonrt and back of house teams, as service is our main focus until we complete a soft refurbishment.

The interior, exterior and pool deck areas are all included in the upgrade plans, with work already commencing with very little guest complications.

I would be happy to look after the details of your next stay personally, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Usually I don't write a review unless something is exceptionally good or exceptionally bad. Unfortunately this is the latter. $180 for a room with hair in the bed, a shower with taps that fell off, stained furniture and a view of not much. No free wifi either. It was just old and outdated. The location was too far out from the main cbd area too. Way overpriced for what it was.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business