“Outstanding”

Ranked #52 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
“Outstanding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We only stayed one night after having seen Leonard Cohen and were very impressed, Because my husband had recently been in an accident, they went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. From a room upgrade to parking assistance, everything was great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
D'orne F, Manager at Mercure Brisbane, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Jenny T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our friendly customer service. Welcoming travelers and making the journey as easy as possible is what we do best at the Mercure Brisbane. Our staff consistently strives to exceed all guest expectations and I am pleased to hear that we were able to have a comfortable and relaxing stay at the Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Monika Kolakowski
Assistant Night Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night for work. Dined in the bar (which was quite cosy and had a good menu). My room was small but very comfortable with a recently renovated bathroom and a distinctly 'boutique' style to the room décor - including the fabric bedhead, which was actually a stylised version of the Brisbane River ( v cool).

I stayed here because my work event was on in the same hotel. I'm not sure if I would stay there as a tourist, but having seen and liked the rooms I probably would. Plus: it is close to South Bank and GoMA. Minus: It is not the most attractive building nor is it in the most attractive quarter of the city.

I would stay here again though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is an unremarkable, middle-of-the-road hotel, best suited for travellers looking for a few night's resting place whilst they spend their days out sightseeing and exploring. It lacks any real character, but is clean, functional, and well located close to the river and city centre. The swimming pool area is tiny and the in-room wi-fi charges are extortionate ( a free 1/2 hour per day is available in the public areas ). Don't miss the free ferry trips on the river : they dock a block or so from the hotel.

Room Tip: Personally I don't think it's worth paying extra for a river view. Get out there and walk al...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed here overnight this week for a business trip, chosen for its close proximity to the city. The location proved to be convenient and easy to get to. My Deluxe room with 1 x queen sized bed was comfortable and clean. The basin in the bathroom could have done with a wpe down but other than that the bathroom was clean, shower bigger than average. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gold Coast, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great but my experience there was not so great. The check in and out took along time compared to other places I have stayed. I waited for my room to be checked so I could get my room bond back. The man at the counter said everything was fine and was free to leave whenever. Received an email later that day saying I had not collected my room bond (other places I have stayed it was just released back in to my account) still confussed as to why he let me leave if he needed to give me the bond back in person. I have been playing phone and email tag for the past 2 and a half months to get my bond back. I would of liked to of thought of my hoilday as a memorable one but all I can think about is how disappointed I am at my experience. All I want is my room bond back. I have stayed at many of the Accor hotels over the years but after this experience I dont plan on returning.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple