“Excellent service.”
Review of Mercure Brisbane

Mercure Brisbane
Ranked #56 of 167 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We just stayed overnight, but the refurbished room was magnificent, with view over the river. Everything worked well. delightful receptionist greeted us on arrival, and was very helpful. We will return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a river view. we were on ninth floor - perfect.
There are newer reviews for Mercure Brisbane

Reviewed May 14, 2013

So as a regular executive traveler I'm the first to admit that I'm pretty critical when it comes to hotels now. However with a nightly rate of $280 I expect a whole lot more than was delivered.

The refurb in terms of furnishings has been nicely done, however room lighting is not particularly good - the room is pretty dim.

Bath towels, thin and well worn. Toiletries, two bars of soap and a two in one shampoo and conditioner. If I compare this to other properties around the same price bracket, you receive a lot more...and this is simply as an executive I'm used to relying on what's in the hotel. Shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, body wash and usually a bathrobe...no such luck here.

If I'm honest, I probably won't stay here again...but as disclaimed....I'm fussy.

1  Thank keepahgurl
D'orne F, Manager at Mercure Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at Mercure Brisbane.

At Mercure we strive to provide an experience for all of our guests. I would love for the opportunity to discuss your recent stay with as further.

If you would like to discuss further please email me at H1750-fo01@accor.com with a convenient time to discuss with you and a best contact number.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,
D’orne Fitzpatrick
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The first thing I have to say about this hotel regards the customer service. When we checked in we were served by Anneleise, who was friendly, and anticipated our needs perfectly. She also advised us of an optional upgrade we could take advantage of and we decided to accept. Probably doesn't sound like much here, but it was one of the nicest check in experiences I have had in a good long while.

Rooms were neat, clean and well appointed, and me being an insomniac, slept like a baby. The beds and pillows were comfy. The other insomniac travelling with me advised his room gave him an equally quality sleep.

Only a 5 minute walk to Brisbane's Queen Street mall meant we were close to everything we needed and didn't need to spend money on cabs.

Will definitely stay again.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had a great stay overlooking the river, this is a very central location to the city and services and the Mecure have friendly, helpful staff. We dined in the restaurant which has a modest but ample menu but this served our purpose as we were passing through and needed a quality meal.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a great night here at the end of an excellent holiday. It was everything I expected and more. Good location close to SouthBank and the shops (too close personally but my wife loved it being so close to them!)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed in one of the upgraded River View rooms. The room had a recent makeover which gave the room a modern feel. However, not all of the makeover was practical, while the sink in the bathroom looked nice, it was not very functional, the lights over the wash basin were at a height and position that meant you were always hitting your head on them. The room air conditioner missed out on the upgrade and sounded like a Mack Truck when running.

All of this said, the room was still of a very good quality, very clean with a comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly and helpful with any question or issue. And of course, the river view made up for any shortcoming that there might have been. Overall a very pleasant and enjoyable stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Overall we were very happy staying at this hotel. We had a good deal by taking advantage of a special offer. Staff / service was prompt, friendly & efficient. The room was very quiet, clean & adequately furnished although would've appreciated a chair. Good bathroom facilities. I slept very well but my husband didn't. I wasn't happy that the pool was unavailable & I was unable to walk to their sister hotel to use their pool. If you have physical limitations or mobility issues, there aren't any shops or cafes in the immediate area but the local bus stops at the door.

Biggest pain was lack of decent lighting. We arrived in the evening & had great difficulty locating the light switches as they were black against dark brown wood! There wasn't a main light only a lamp & two bedside lamps. During the day it was too hot to have the main curtain back except for a corner so it was always frustrating.

Although it didn't affect us (I would've been very annoyed) the car park is not owned by the hotel so there isn't a lift to the rooms.

Biggest bonus was adjustable air-conditioning, which although was sometimes noisy, at least we could cool the room & maintain the temperature by leaving the door card in the power slot. We did not have this facility when we stayed at the Novotel in Palm Cove last year & had a hideous night.

All in all, this hotel was comfortable, clean & good staff - we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple