“Not Enjoyable”

Ranked #52 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne
“Not Enjoyable”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This property is Average. Decor is very old. Staff are not all trained to be friendly. There are works going on which start at 5:45am (hammering and banging). We were staying for 5 nights. And called every morning to complain. We were told the Manager is meeting with the building foreman to discuss. It is now morning 4 of the banging and I have already called again at 6:15 and told they shouldn't be doing this and the night manager is already addressing this. 15 minutes on and guess what? There is still BANGING! Looks like its going to be another long day at the conference.

Oh well, may as well pack my bags and find somewhere else to stay tonight or I may have to sleep in my meeting!!!

Avoid this place when there are other options around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pk666au1
D'orne F, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Brisbane, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. The Mercure Brisbane is currently undergoing a full room refurbishment to improve the product we are providing. During this process we are doing everything we can to prevent disruptions to our guests. I apologise for the inconvenience this caused you during your stay and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further. Should you wish to do so, please contact the hotel on 3237 2300 or email me at h1750-fo01@accor.com

Your feedback is very important to us and will assist us in optimising our future guest experience

Kind Regards
D’orne Fitzpatrick
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mildura, Australia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Clean and Comfortable room, friendly helpful staff - Undergoing renovations ( They look great) Excellent Breakfast - Possibly the best we have had anywhere!! Large TV. Could not have asked for any better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
D'orne F, Manager at Mercure Brisbane, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I was pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. I was especially excited to read that you rate our breakfast so highly and will definitely pass on your feedback to the chef.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a tired, tired property. As well it should be scheduled for renovation; unfortunately they are charging prices as though it is.

I paid $270 a night for a 'corner suite'. But don't think that means that you have anything other than a wall on the corner; the windows were on one wall only. The suite constituted a slightly bigger room and dining table.

The fit out is tired with plastic laminate abounding. Think a Centrelink office. The corridors look and smell like a Soviet era nursing home.

I booked this hotel on the basis of the four stars here: really people, get a reality check. For these sorts of prices, we are entitled to so much more. This joint would not exist for a month in either Sydney or Melbourne charging the prices they do.

The location is poor, among sex premises adjacent to an overpass. Delightful, not!; although I readily acknowledge that the view across the river was splendid.

In fairness, I should say that the young man serving me on the front desk was absolutely lovely and very efficient. At least they get that right.

Would I return here? Not on your sweet nelly. It is extremely poor value for money. Do yourself a favour and get to the Balfour.

Oh, and don't think that Accor senior status counts for anything here.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Citikitty
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to inform you that we are currently refurbishing all of our guest rooms and suites and building a gym with the project being finalised by the end of May 2013.

I apologise that your LeClub or Advantage Plus membership was not duly recognised whilst you were at the hotel and will definitely look into this matter. Should you wish to discuss it further, please do not hesitate to call the hotel on 07 3237 2300 or email me at Mark.Mewburn@accor.com.

It is certainly an exciting time for the hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the future so you can experience our new look.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Average room with tired decor. Was not told beforehand that it was undergoing renovations and drilling and hammering starts from 7am. Pillows were not comfy and the bedding was stained. Would not stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lindsay,

Thank you for your review. It is certainly not within the normal scope of works for construction to begin at 7am. I apologise for the inconvenience and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further. Should you wish to do so, please contact the hotel on 07 3237 2300 or email me at Mark.Mewburn@accor.com.

Thank you again and we would love to have you stay with us in the future to experience our new rooms.

Ayr, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2013

As with many online bookings, thinks can and usually are deceiving-this experience was no different. Although the hotel was in a convenient location-within easy walking distance to the mall and Southbank some of the other "features" left us feeling disappointed. The staff were friendly, however I would have liked to be advised of the noise-due to renovations, before our arrival. Having to endure the jack-hammering could have been sweetened with the offer of some complimentary breakfast. Instead we were slugged with a $27 overnight parking fee-in what turned out to be Brisbane's version of the game "Rush Hour"! The beds afforded little comfort with the pillows being as comfortable as a folded beach towel. I would not recommend this hotel to my friends, however if you just need somewhere to stay that is close to the city and you don't care about the ambience then this could be for you. We however will not be rebooking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Minnie-Iyah
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I apologise for any disruption to your stay due to our rooms refurbishment program and I would love to discuss your stay further with you. If convenient please call me at the hotel on 3237 2300 or email me at Mark.Mewburn@accor.com.

Your feedback is very important to us and will assist us in optimising our future guest's experiences.