“Feedback” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Brisbane

Mercure Brisbane
Ranked #51 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We visit Brisbane to attend a family wedding and as we were staying until Monday morning decided to choose a hotel in the city walking distance to places to eat, things to see and transport if necessary. The Mecure North Quay Brisbane was in an ideal position for all of these. In the morning we found a cafe close by for Breakfast (chose not to eat in hotel as we wanted to be out and about). Later we walked across nearby bridge to Southbank (approx 5 mins from hotel) where we enjoyed a delightful day eating, walking, casual drinks. Our room was a Junior suite. We marked the room down because of lack of ambience and pizzaz. Basically we expected more from a room designated a "Junior Suite". However, the room itself was large and included amenities such as a flat screen TV, table and chairs and queen size bed. The bedding was fresh and pleasant. We enjoyed the view out over the Brisbane River and up to the hills behind Brisbane. That point on the River directly in front of Hotel is not its best aspect but it is a pleasant view and on the 3rd floor you look out and across to Southbank and at night enjoy the lights of that part of town. Reception were efficient. We had a light evening meal Sunday in the bar beside the Hotel restaurant. The food was pleasant and the bar staff excellent. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tibby_8
D'orne F, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Brisbane, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thankyou for your feedback and I am pleased you found our location suitably central whilst in Brisbane for a wedding.

I am disappointed to read that our room did not meet your expectations. We are currently in the process of refurbishing all of our guest rooms and ensuites which will be completed early next year.

With regards to the carpark of which the access is not ideal, Mercure Brisbane is extremely fortunate to have onsite car parking available which many hotels do not. We focus on ensuring that we offer the cheapest overnight onsite car parking available in Brisbane.

Once again thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay, we do hope we can welcome you back to the newly refurbised Mercure in the near future.
Regards
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Rooms need an update (and I think they are in the process of doing this) Only provided one bar of soap and a combined shampoo/conditioner bottle and shower cap. For $230 a night - it would have been nice to have a few more items as standard in the bathroom and at least an extra bar of soap - perhaps soap minimisation is part of their environmental scheme. If so, it wasn't well advertised. Location good but I wouldn't choose to stay here again on business. A shame as the people were excellent - great service from the people on the front desk!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MikeS23_12
I was disappointed to read your review and I have passed your feedback on to our housekeeping team to review.

Our team work very hard to ensure our rooms are of a very high standard however on this occassion an oversight has occured as we provide two bars of soap as standard.

I am pleased that our central location suits your needs and you otherwise enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again.
Regards
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Arrived to the sound of jackhammers! Thankfully they stopped in the afternoon. The rooms are looking tired but they are clean. Great shower and great views. Breakfast was cold spoke to the wait staff. The best part of the hotel was the breakfast wait staff member Diana. She went out of her way to make sure I was ok and wanted to have something cooked for me. The next day spoke to me again. Great customer service! Didnt use parking but around 27 dollars a day. Coffee shop next door, Subway and bottle shop a block away. Short walk from Roma Street Station.

Room Tip: Try and get room facing River.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Beth2407
Murrumba Downs, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have never paid $249 for a room before, but thought I would treat myself just this once and stay at the motel where the conference was. To say I was extremely disappointed would be a colossal understatement. I was appalled that after paying that much money, I was in a small room with absolutely no character and no redeeming features. Well perhaps if the screen on the window wasn't broken and I could have raised it to view the Brisbane river, that might have been nice. It would also have been nice to have been told before I stayed that they were refurbishing on the upper floors and that there would be so much noise through the building that you would have thought a helicopter was landing on the floor above you from 9am to 5pm. I wanted to relax before my conference but was forced to walk the streets for over 2 hours to get away from the noise. Then there's the car park, well not the hotels car park, but hey you get a massive discount on the rate you have to pay. My opinion is that if you pay that much for the rooms then the parking should be free. The car park is also so small that they double park everywhere. God help you if you need to get out in a hurry. It took me 1 1/2 hours to find the car park because of all the one way streets in the area, then when you think you've got it, you can't turn right. Blahhh. And no elevator from the car park either. Not very impressed to say the least. Would never recommend this place to anyone. Have stayed at far superior motels for less than half the price. I don't like to run a place down but this was my worst ever experience which I will never repeat. Reception staff are Ok, but didn't even get a thankyou when I paid the bill before he was attending to the next victim.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay. For the price it is just not worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank angeltheatre
D'orne F, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Brisbane, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your recent stay at our Hotel.

As you are aware our Hotel is undergoing a major refurbishment of all its guest rooms & ensuites. I realise at that time this was an inconvenience to you, however we endeavour to minimise disruptions to our guests where possible.

Whilst we appreciate your feedback we would welcome the opportunity to ensure you have a great stay should you return in the future to the newly refurbished Mercure Brisbane.

Kind regards