“Great location”

Ranked #60 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Bundaberg, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We got a cheap rate for this hotel through the Wotif Mystery deal and we only needed to be there for one night as we were leaving the country the next day. It was excellent for what we needed, simple comfortable and clean space, right in the heart of the city.

They did however give us a wrong room (room with two single beds, instead of one queen bed), however they made up for it with a sincere apology and a free upgrade to a slightly better room.
It was a bit difficult to find, however this was just simply due to the amazing location right near Queens Street mall.

Room Tip: The upgraded room we got wasn't really that amazing. I got the impression that the basic and up...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lyriko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've had very pleasant stays at this hotel in the past. The lack of a functioning restaurant has always always been a problem. (Going to the hotel next door for dinner is a downer!)
However yesterdays the negative experience takes the cake...
Upon check out at 9:01 am on 17 Jan 2014, I was asked to sign for authorization on my credit card for an unspecified amount. When I finally received the detailed invoice I noticed an extra day's accommodation had been added.
When I objected, they told me I would have to wait of the person with the authority to reverse the transaction (which meant missing my airline connection).
Alternately, they would credit me the difference the same day, and email me the new invoice.
However... I'm still waiting....
When staying at this hotel (or any other) demand to see the detailed invoice before signing any thing. Otherwise the system is just open for fraud

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter K
D'orne F, Manager at ibis Brisbane, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Peter

Thank you for taking the time to add a review about the Ibis Hotel Brisbane. I was disapointed to read that your latest experience with us was not a pleasent one and would like to apologise for the events that took place on your departure.

Please be reasured that we strive to provide all of our guests with the highest level of service and in your case we have not meet that standard. We have reviewed our reservations procedure at front office to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Once again I apologise for your experience.

Kind regards

Laurence Nathan
Head of Department
Mercure & Ibis Brisbane
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed in an Ibis in both Sydney and Brisbane on our trip over to Australia, and the Brisbane one was by far the superior.

We had a twin room which featured two double beds, it was clean, working air con, mini fridge, enough space, large tv, good room overall.

Good location near the waterfront and tourist attractions.

Only quibble is that you could not access wifi on phones and the computes in the reception are so slow that many people, myself included, gave up bothering because it took about 2 mins to load each page. But other than that it met all our needs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Littleborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night as I arrived late and my primary establishment did not have reception service beyond 9.00 p.m.
The room was large and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was fine.
My room faced the thoroughfare, but I did not have any issues about traffic noise.
The only downside was that due to ongoing works the Reception was temporarily transferred to the first floor adjacent to the residents' bar. This resulted in the Reception employee having to double up as bar manager. The time taken to deal with my arrival and a telephone enquiry from a potential resident felt to create 'undercurrents' with those who were impatient for bar service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KBofLB
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel had pros and cons (as they all do). It had a very central location and easy to get around on foot, train station also quite close. The rooms were nice and adequate, however, ours smelt of smoke. We were probably just unlucky though. The half empty plates of food from room service of the room opposite us was lying on the floor outside their room, and when we came back in the afternoon it was still there? not a huge problem or anything but just think it's a bit slack/gross.
To conclude this was a decent and not over priced hotel, with friendly staff. We maybe just had bad luck (it also rained our entire stay) and our complaints are probably not regular occurances.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
D'orne F, Manager at ibis Brisbane, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear airporteuphoria

Thank you for your review about the Ibis Hotel Brisbane. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us but not so happy to read about the smokey smell in your room or the room service tray left in the hall way.

I would like to assure you that these issues have been passed on to the Manager of each department so they can be dealt with to ensure it does not happen in the future.

Once again I thank you for your feedback.

Laurence Nathan
C&C Sales Manager
Ibis Hotel Brisbane
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at the Ibis Hotel in Brisbane in December. We were in Brisbane to see Bon Jovi so we wanted a hotel that wasn't too expensive but centrally located. We definitely were lucky with this one! The location is beyond fantastic. Short walk to the Queen Street Mall plus the Treasury Casino. Maybe a 15 minute leisurely walk across to Southbank.

The room was well kept, comfortable bed and it was clean - most important!! The bathroom was a good size although there was a shower over the bath which I hate, but hey we weren't paying top dollar so I can definitely look past this.

We were staying on the 16th floor which meant we could go up the elevator to the 15th floor but then had to walk up a flight of stairs - this did not bother me in the slightest and the guy who checked us in checked with us first before assigning the room which I thought was very good service. I would hate to be given the room then later be told 'oh by the way you have to walk up a flight of stairs'.

We didn't get to enjoy the restaurant or bar as they were closed whilst we were there. I thought this strange as the hotel was meant to be booked out for at least some of the time we were in Brisbane.

Overall, a nice room, great location and a fantastic price. I would stay here again if I was on a budget trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple