“Well placed accomodation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Central Hillcrest Apartments

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Central Hillcrest Apartments
Ranked #97 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Well placed accomodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed with a large group of people who all booked separately so we were able to check out a couple of the different rooms. I was very happy with our room # 501. Although we didn't get the river view we got to see the hospital helicopter land 3 times! (some may not find that as exciting as we did) Our 1 bedroom apartment was obviously recently renovated compared to the 2 bedroom one across from us in 504. Our bed was comfortable but was a double compared to the king size in 504. We had a dishwasher, they didn't. (tho there was no dishwasher powder!) The staff were all very cheerful and helpful, even the housekeeping staff. The location was a plus being very close to the river and many restaurants. The most frustrating thing about this place is the one way streets that surround it. If you want to get to a place just around the corner by car, it will take you just as long by car as it does to walk as you have to drive in a 8 km square to get there. Our apartment included a big lounge room and dining table. Lovely kitchen with all cooking facilities. Separate bedroom and bathroom that included a washing machine, sink and dryer. Other non renovated rooms were just as functional but with the mustard colours in furnishings and wooden cupboards in the kitchen it just felt old and not as refreshing as our room. Other friends had booked just a room not an apartment and that was very small with a couple of beds and a table all in 1 tiny room and they only paid $60 less than us for the 3 days. I would recommend paying the extra to get the apartment. Overall we were very happy.

Room Tip: Be aware you are next to a hospital so there will be the odd ambulance siren and the helicopters are...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CentralApts, Manager at Central Hillcrest Apartments, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hi Wendy S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Central Hillcrest Apartments.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience one of our refurbished rooms – don’t they look great!? I will also pass on your comments to the team here, they’ll be very pleased to hear your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I was not aware of the great booking I had made until we arrived. I'm not familiar with Brisbane and was so pleased when the hotel was right next to the Mater Hospital. The surgeon made last minute changes and there was no problem for the hotel to accomodate our needs. Nicole was so helpful online booking. When we got to the hotel it was fantastic to be able to park the car and leave it. The desk staff were great, Ian especially helpful. I enjoyed the gym equipment and pool. Such an easy walk to beautiful southbank from the hotel and we were lucky enough to go to the Sunday markets. Free wi fi and parking were a bonus. The beds were really comfortable, sheets great quality. Pillows were a little too big and hard for my liking but I always bring my own. I had heard great things about the hotel from other people who had to stay for distance hospital visits. Our apartment was perfect and the river views were spectacular. Even had fireworks one night. Thank you for making a potentially stressful visit to Brisbane as easy and as comfortable as you did. Incredibly grateful for everything. Thank you

Stayed March 2014
CentralApts, Manager at Central Hillcrest Apartments, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Hi Nikki T,

Wow! We really appreciate hearing such kind words! Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel accommodated all of your needs. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments, in particular to the staff mentioned. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Until next time,
australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed New Years Eve as l got stuck in Brisbane for work. Best place to be stuck, well fitted large apartment with everything l needed except lack of shops close ,not able to utilise kitchen fully. The sites from the large balcony were great ,especially the fire works display.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ted58
CentralApts, Manager at Central Hillcrest Apartments, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hi ted58,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Hillcrest. Yes – what a place to be stuck! We’re glad you enjoyed the awesome views we have to offer and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Noosa Heads
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Booked the one bedroom apartment with river view. Landed the 8th floor with fab views up the Brisbane River to city. 5 minute walk to restaurants in Southbank, ferry to city, and free ferry to Eagle St Pier. Spacious well appointed lounge, big DTV. Sound system, great bedroom, fully appointed kitchen. Well worth the $$

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CentralApts, Manager at Central Hillcrest Apartments, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Wow! Thank you for such a lovely review, penren08. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Byron Bay, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We booked a hotel room here rather than an apartment, which suited us for a one night stay. The room was clean and although the bathroom was dated - it was clean. We had a fairly pleasant swim in the pool. It was a huge surprise when I looked at the dinner menu. The restaurant is very dated & on this particular night - it was empty. I wasn't surprised when I saw the prices & nearly fell over! They charge like a 5 star hotel! In an old dated restaurant? $30 plus for a steak. $10 for a garlic bread. $20 plus for a ceasre salad. Kids meals were $15. Needless to say, we could have gone down and had a lovely meal by the riverside for these prices. Instead we got pizza delivered. Anyway, breakfast was included in our tarrif, & I have to say it was like a joke. It was 8am & the hot food was running very low & cold. I got some poached eggs from the Bain Marie & when I cut them open water just oozed all over my toast & the yolk was hard. The baked beans were so dried out. Really, just don't bother! We got a deal online - perhaps that's why they put us in a room that overlooked the back car park. You'd think, with not too many guests, they would at least try to give you a nice view... No such luck. Wouldn't stay again. If they fixed up the restaurant & the food prices it might have been more enticing. Close to the Mater hospital but a good 20 minutes walk from QPAC

Room Tip: Ask for a view?
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CentralApts, Manager at Central Hillcrest Apartments, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hi Wendy D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your honest feedback – this is what helps us to remedy any situations. You’ll be pleased to know that our menu is, in fact, in the process of changing. Prices will be very reasonable, and the food will be great!

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future. I’d be happy to talk further if you’d like to email me directly on admin@centralgroup.com.au?

Many thanks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel room on 8th floor. Has been redecorated tastefully.
We took deal with breakfast and was good value.
Shower could of been cleaned a bit better, found lots of hairs.
Reception staff could of been a bit more talkative and forthcoming with information.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CentralApts, Manager at Central Hillcrest Apartments, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hi there Nettielane,

Thank you for your insightful review on your recent stay with us at Central Hillcrest Apartments. I’m glad you enjoyed the view and the refurbished room.

I will take on board your comments regarding the shower cleanliness and also the reception staff. Please note this is not a true reflection of our customer service standards here at Central Hillcrest.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I'm not sure where to start, we booked a double room which was not what we paid for on the booking site the main light did not wrk was sure had booked room with a kitchen as stated in the ad and 1 bedside table light did not wrk, when told Ian about not happy didn't seem to care. Had a swim used a towel went to reception and asked for a dry towl for a shower was told no we cud use the dryer provided mean time we were cold and wet while waiting for towels to dry. We rang reception at 10 pm and asked for sum ice and was told kitchen was closed and they cud not afford staffto be running around to serve us by a rude lady. COME ON PPL ITS NEW YEARS There was a painter painting in outside our door and the fumes made me sick. I travel overseas a lot this was the worst service and hotel I have ever stayed in and I am not being dramatic either! We stayed in room 309 if management wishes to contact me which I doubt they will my email is trarise4@gmail.com

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Traceeeeee
CentralApts, Manager at Central Hillcrest Apartments, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hi Traceeeeee,

I appreciate your time in writing a review on Central Hillcrest.

I will write an email to you directly, but I would also like to publicly apologise for the service you experienced during your stay here. I can assure you, this service isn’t typical of what we normally offer. I do hope we can rectify this situation.