“Excellent honeymoon hotel for city locals”

Treasury Hotel & Casino
Ranked #49 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Australia
“Excellent honeymoon hotel for city locals”
Reviewed February 1, 2007

We stayed here in May 2005. Excellent location for city photos during a wedding, close to the high end salons. Truly great room service. Very thoughtful extra touches.

Left a plate of different desserts when we returned from our reception (not ordered). Lovely comfortable bed. Great staff.

Spotlessly clean.

Stayed February 2007
4 Thank babymaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
MONTREAL
Reviewed January 14, 2007

We stayed here one night before catching a flight back home. The hotel seemed empty almost deserted except for a wedding reception. Hotel is well located across fom Southbank and next to Casino and shopping . The room itself was very luxurious with high ceilings and a large room and marble bathroom. We were out of the room sightseeing and got back to the room at 9.30 pm to sleep as we had an early flight. There was a wedding reception going on right under us and the music was blaring. I don't understand how they could put us in such a bad location when the hotel did not seem full. They moved us to a ''motel style '' room that was small and had low ceilings but we didn't compain because we needed to sleep. I would not stay here again it was not worth the money.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank AJSG
Byron Bay
Reviewed January 13, 2007

I chose to stay at the Conrad 4 times in 2006. I was in Brisbane for a very stressful family court matter and genuinely couldn't fault the place. I was seeking something conveniently located, something a bit different from your run of the mill 5 star establishments and something elegant to help take my mind off the goings on. I loved the 18ft ceilings and the quietness of it. The staff are incredibly helpful and polite. Perhaps if you treat the staff in an off the cuff manner then you reap what you sow? In all I thoroughly recommend the Conrad as somewhere a bit out of the box and as for the beds - I slept like a log. (Which really says something because each visit was quite traumatic). Keep it up. On each visit I had either my mother, my friend or my sister with me and it was great to see their faces when they entered the room. I've stayed at lots of fabulous places and this is definitely different. Perhaps a little dark but that goes with the territory of being an historic building. LOVE IT.

• Liked — everything - the historic nature and beautiful decor
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Tips/Secrets — wotif is a good site to book a good deal on
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank brijahn
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 28, 2006

Pros:
- sense of history and character
- well finished rooms
- good location in the city center

Negatives:
- motel-style service (only 2-3 staff manning the hotel; porter doubles as concierge)
- poor security: while Brisbane is not unsafe, it is ridiculous that you can walk in any of the 2 entrances, take an elevetor to any part of the hotel, at any time without seeing a soul. The hotel entrances are unmanned most of the time.
- limited room service menu
- poor quality toiletry
- hotel does not recognise repeat guests despite over a dozen stays

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank Critical_eye1111
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2006

I stayed at the hotel twice in late October early November 2006. Things started badly when the cab driver couldn’t find the place despite having sat-nav and us spelling the name of the hotel and the road to him. Not the fault of the hotel obviously, but it didn’t bode well. Eventually we left the cab (in the right road) and decided to find the place on foot. It’s a large building but low rise, so hard to miss when you know. It used to be the land registry building so the architecture is highly colonial. However there is something missing on the building, a sign that it is actually the Conrad hotel! It turned out that there are two parts to the hotel. Two separate buildings across a square and a road. We were outside the wrong building, but we went in to ask directions. Our reservation was checked and we were told we were in the other building. Arriving at circa 20:00 I was surprised to see that we had not been allocated a room. Despite booking the room through the Hilton website the hotel had no record of my gold Hilton Honors number or by BA executive club number. The girl on reception spoke with the reception of the other building and after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing we were given an upgraded room. We then made our way across to the other building, ably assisted by Tim the porter.

Once at the other reception we were told that we couldn’t have the executive room as it was “out of commission”, and were put back into a standard room. I asked what alternative was available as they were not upgrading us (being a Gold Hhonors member you are entitled to upgrade if available). Within the short walk between buildings the fact that I was a gold member had been forgotten. But we were told that breakfast would be complimentary. I asked if the room had been prepared (turn down service) we were told not and it wasn’t available now. But were given 2 bottles of water to carry up with us along with our bags, very thoughtful.

The room was very quaint with old-fashioned styled furniture, the bathroom did not have room to swing a cat, let alone anywhere to put two wash bags. Being an old building the ceilings are about 12feet high. Shutters on the windows, drapes that went right to the ceiling and were very hard to close. The bed was comfortable though.

Walking around the hotel, you hardly saw another sole, but they were supposed to be full! The whole building was very unwelcoming. At breakfast we were told that it wasn’t included in our rate and I had to inform the lady that as Gold members we had been given free breakfast. It hadn’t been entered into the system. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice and nicely cooked and presented.

As we were leaving the hotel to spend a week on the Barrier Reef before returning I had already asked if we could leave some luggage with them ready for our return, which they did free of charge. At checkout I requested that the other booking (in a week’s time) be checked for the HH and BA numbers, which were missing and they said would be updated. However I was not surprised to return a week later with these details still missing from the booking!

Once again I enquired if we had been upgraded, again we were told that all the executive rooms were full. I complained about the fact that the numbers were missing again and a supervisor came to speak to me and suddenly an executive room was available! Again no turndown service had taken place. Whilst we went out to eat we requested it to be done. On our return the bed was turned down on one side and some chocolates thrown on the bed.

In conclusion a poorly run hotel, staff who don’t know what they are doing, unwelcoming rooms, I really wasn’t looking forward to returning there. I wouldn’t stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank munkypete
Poole
Reviewed September 15, 2006

Huge rooms, and I mean huge. Decor very good and staff great. Bathroom bigger than some hotel rooms I have stayed in. Right in the middle of town centre.

• Liked — Room size
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple