“Great character property”

Treasury Hotel & Casino
Ranked #51 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I love a property with character and this property has it in spades. I stayed in the actual hotel, not the rooms at the Casino, which I expect would be affected by the casino noise. I've never seen higher ceilings. My room as lacking nothing. The room as clean, the staff friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Ensure you stay in the hotel, not the rooms at the casino.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cherienicholl
DutyManagerTreasury, Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

We are delighted to hear your recent stay with us was so enjoyable and we thank you for taking the time to provide this review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treasury Casino and Hotel in the future

There are newer reviews for Treasury Hotel & Casino

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I honestly can't believe I stayed in the same hotel and some of the other reviewers.
I have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and this is the WORST hotel I have ever experienced for NOISE DISTURBANCE.
The surrounding noise from pubs and bars is clearly audible in the rooms and goes on until 2AM.
I've never asked for a room change in my life but had to move 3 TIMES because of noise.
All rooms were as bad as each other, phoned night manager 3 times each time being told it will "stop soon". Finally they supplied me with earplugs as a resolution.
My advice is DO NOT STAY HERE if you are sensitive to noise, particularly late at night.
I wrote to BOTH my travel agent AND the hotel direct with not a word of response from them.
A very bad experience, will never stay here again nor recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank SydneyWorkingMum
DutyManagerTreasury, Front Office Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I was disheartened to read that your stay was a little spoiled by apparent noise disruption from the surounding entertainment venues and please accept our apologies for this occasion. In saying this we do firmly believe that all feedback assists us to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence going forward. I also wanted to let you know that I have discussed your feedback with our Hotel Manager who also wanted me to pass on his apology and please rest assured that your file has been updated in our computer system with your preferred choice of a quiet room for all future stays with us.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
DutyManagerTreasury, Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night and we really liked the large room with a fireplace and tall ceilings.
We found access to the car park very difficult - both driving in and out and getting from the car park to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DutyManagerTreasury, Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for coming to stay with us here at Treasury Casino and Hotel, and for posting your review on TripAdvisor on our Hotel.

We are pleased you positively reviewed many aspects of your stay, however, do sincerely regret your disappointment with our car park

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Arrived early to the hotel and they were able to check us in early. Rooms large and spacious and clean.

Staff at front desk were helpful and friendly, however the concierge desk was definitely not up to standard. When asking for main attractions/restaurant recommendations they seemed to struggle.

Only stayed one night, went to the casino. It is very small casino by US standards but able to flutter a bit of money. Some nice restaurants attached to casino also.

Highly recommend a trip to the Koala Sanctuary and walk down the waterfront.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
DutyManagerTreasury, Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you very much for providing details of your experience while staying at the Treasury Casino and Hotel. I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and your time in Brisbane. I would like to apologise for your experience with our Concierge.
I would also like to mention that we have many long serving Concierge that have a vast knowledge of attractions and restaurants in and around Brisbane. We will ensure that you experience with Concierge is discussed within the team and that team members are provided with the opportunity to learn from others experience.
I hope that I have the chance to meet you next time you are in Brisbane.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

So much about it is substandard for the price.
Difficult location. Cab dropped me at the casino (which has a sign indicating it is a hotel). It isn’t. Reception guy pointed out actual hotel and I lugged my heavy luggage through crowds of drunks, across a square to arrive at (unsigned) hotel.
I placed my breakfast order the night before and it still arrived late. Lumps of tin foil mixed through breakfast omelette. Coffee missing from my order.
Large, attractive bathroom, however, the bath plug became stuck and I could not empty the bath. Toiletries cheap and nasty. Decent towels and make-up mirror.
The room service dinner menu was dominated by pizza or fried/fast foods – no decent meals. An awful ‘joke’ named wine in mini-bar – no grape varietals identified – just some red. No price list with the mini-bar.
Cheap-looking, weird telephones that don’t work. Got through to room service after 3 attempts, but got cut off part way through my call. Phone made strange beeping noises throughout the evening.
This hotel’s target market seems to be the crowds of drunks hovering outside the casino.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RulyTruly
DutyManagerTreasury, Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit to Treasury Hotel & Casino.

I was concerned to hear that our usually high standards have not been met with regard to your rooms and room service and I sincerely apologise for your unsatisfactory experience with us. Whilst it is disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, we believe it is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence. I have forwarded your comments through to the respective Managers for review with the team, thank you.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Treasury again soon and above all meeting your expectations and restoring your faith.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have stayed here before and as the first time, found it to be amazing. The hotel has such history and is just lovely. Staff great and food was good. Rooms are big and the bed and pillows are the best I've had in a hotel. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
DutyManagerTreasury, Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit totreasury Hotel & Casino.

It is always lovely to hear when our guests are happy and have had a great stay at our Hotel and it is of course pleasing to hear that they are returned customers and would consider staying with us again.

Comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff have been passed onto the team who will be delighted they were able to assist in making your stay a good one

We look forwarding to welcoming you back again one day soon to Treasury Hotel & Casino.