“Paying for WIFI is a bit rich!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens
Ranked #64 of 170 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a newly renovated suite at the back of the property which was very quiet. all in all it was a great stay, having stayed there before. the renovations are great. breakfast and dinner is available or facilities in the suite means you can cook / have your own. Paying $16 a day for WIFI is a bit rich though however it works - especially when you get the correct password!

Room Tip: ask for the renovated suites
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Hyperbowl,
Thank you for your nice feedback on your recent stay with us and glad that our renovations are great for you. unfortunately, we do currently have an internet charge of $7/hour, $16/day and $80 per week as our 135 rooms are laid out over 10 acres. As magnificent as the landscaped gardens are, it poses a huge problem when we are setting up cabling and wi-fi for hi speed secure internet and as you can appreciate the cost to set up a system which does work efficiently over this large area is considerably more expensive than those who are able to run cables up the side of a building. We do assure you, however, that as we appreciate that none of us can work without internet connection, that we have provided secure wi-fi in the REstaurant totally FREE. i hope that this will assist when you are next in Brisbane, as I would love to welcome you back to our Hotel. please email me directly so that i can acknowledge your time and consideration in providing us with valuable feedback. warm wishes, Michelle.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The motel itself is fine, has everything you want, plenty of parking space and no real issues, except one, the loud traffic noise all night along Kessells Road. The motel is situated half way up a hill, and the trucks accelerating and decelerating all night ensure a very disturbed sleep.
For this reason alone I will never go back ... maybe the rooms further back may be quieter but why risk it...

Room Tip: Avoid any room that back on to Kessells Rd
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kelpied,
thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. I am so very disappointed that the traffic noise was so difficult for you. The feedback is valuable as we recently had room 60 double insulated, and after your response, will personally stay in the room to understand totally what you felt. Our philosophy is to understand our guests needs and make changes necessary to ensure that their stay is more than comfortable. if you are brave, I would love to invite you back, with our compliments and have you stay in a room where i believe you will be most comfortable with quiet surrounds. Again, we appreciate that a noisy area creating lack of sleep isn't a wonderful start to the next day. please email me sales@robertsongardens.com.au so that i can welcome you back. warm wishes, Michelle.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

there is 2 standards of accomodation here, old rooms and renovated rooms, ask for new room, this trip was much better than my last trip here. yes will stay here again but in new rooms not old.
breakfast was good very busy lots people, staff that good they took away my drink while i was getting food, cleaning up everything, thats ok just got more.

Room Tip: ask check room first
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Blue Ute, Welcome back and thank you again for taking the time to write a review on our Property. Thank you also for acknowledging the major renovations we are working through at the moment. As we continue to listen to our guests feedback we plan our continuing programme to ensure that the standard and facilities of our property are meeting our guests expectations. As the year progresses there will be more and more of the new renovated rooms, ensuring that our standard improves constantly. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again, and please book as far ahead as you possibly can, so that we can have a 'new' room available for you. The older rooms, have the brick walls, but i assure you, that the quality of the bed and the cleanliness is of the highest standard. just about all of our older rooms also now all have brand new bathrooms. warm wishes, Michelle -

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was tempted to forgive the management for my room - No. 64 - being noisy throughout the night. The walls were thinner than is usual,
I could not forgive the elderly woman who served me when I checked out and refused to credit me with the Frequent Flyer points I was promised when I booked.
Another hotel I won't be visiting again - not because of the missing points,but because of the management's dishonesty.

Room Tip: Don't trust the management to give you what their website promises!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Brian R
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Brian, thank u for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. Thanks to guests information, it allows us to see where we can improve on our service and facilities. I was surprised to hear about the noise issue with your room, as the walls are double brick. However, I certainly hope that you let our 24 hour reception know at the time, as your neighbours must have been overly disruptive. Regarding your points, I believe that you booked through wot if and with reduced rates on these type of sites - points don't apply. I wonder what part of the booking tool misled you to believe that they did. For this, I sincerely apologise as we have no control of the other booking agents and certainly don't like our guests to feel mislead. I certainly hope that the rest of your stay was comfortable. We strive to provide the best possible experience for each of our guests and their unique needs.. My apologies that you didn't feel that you received this during your stay. Warm wishes Michelle

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My daughter is attending Griffith University Nathan Campus which is across the road. We stayed on this visit to pick her up for school holidays. Previously I have stayed in the 2 bedroom accommodation which was excellent, but this time I stayed in the hotel accommodation and it was even better.
My feelings were that the hotel accommodation has been updated in the last few years, as had a fresh feeling to it and I was very happy because the room still had a small kitchenette with a fridge, cooking hobs, microwave, sink etc.
There is a restaurant at the hotel which we used last time, the food was excellent although I did feel I was in a conference room, so we decided to get take away food this time. There are lots of shopping areas with so many varieties of food, we were very pleased.
The second night we went in to the city to eat and as the university in across the road and it was the weekend we could park anywhere at the uni campus and catch the bus in and out of the city.
Would recommend this accommodation to anyone wanting to stay in the Nathan area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Squeek_40 thank you for taking the time to review our property. We pride ourselves in listening to the feedback from our guests as this allows us to see where we need to grow and improve, as well as what we are getting right. We are very fortunate to be in a position to return over $500k each year into refurbishments and upgrades at our Hotel ensuring that the most comfortable facilities can be made available to our guests. We have apart from the rooms, recently upgraded the Restaurant especially for breakfasts and some changes for dinner. Also for your next stay, perhaps you may like to enjoy a BBQ by our swimming pool with 2 great gas BBQs . BBQ packs are available at reception or of course the extensive shopping around us to select your own fresh produce. About every 3 months we also have a new menu in place for the evening meal with lots of daily specials which change from day to day. We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon, and again thank you for taking the time to write a review. Warm wishes Michelle

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have always liked staying at this Comfort Inn and choose it every time I am in Brisabne. This is the first time I have visited and been disappointed.
My biggest disappointment was the restaurant - normally really good food. Figured it was a bad night. The saving grace was the attentive, willing team who obviously have the confidence and authority to ensure guests have a pleasant experience.

The room was lovely as always and the bed comfortable and bathroom well presented. The bath towels looked a little tired and rather off white (heightened by the impeccable white tiled bathroom) with one of them having a brown smear on it on the first night.

All in all still a great place to stay - little things do make a difference and of course when you are usually a 5 star the expectation is on to consistently keep the high standards.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in the middle of the complex - too close to the roads and you can hear big trucks...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Good morning ThinkRight. As usual it was delightful to welcome you back and we are grateful that you take the time to point out what perhaps we have overlooked. I am speaking with the Chefs regarding your experience in the Restaurant. We have recently changed the menu, which was giving us great feedback. so u can imagine my disappointment to think that your meal was a let down. Our linen is sent to a laundry house, and recently we have been addressing the issue of not the same standard of linen as we demand for our rooms. I will follow up with Housekeeping to keep an eye on ALL the towels as we have been pulling many aside to not be used. Recently being awarded International Comfort Hotel 2013 - you are correct in that fact that we have an even greater guest expectation to live up to.. and would like to believe that at every opportunity,we strive to listen and learn so that we can continue to deliver exceptional service and value for money. We look forward to you staying when next travelling to Brisbane. warm wishes, Michelle

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Medium to large motel room with car parking away from it. Hard to believe they charge for WiFi these days here. Kitchenette is good, with good mini bar. QB was comfy, but room could do with a lounge instead of single chair. Good size bathroom with great shower. Restaurant was OK. I'd probably try a villa next time?

Room Tip: Ground Floor - unless you like stairs. Room not facing the road if traffic noise affects you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Brad290,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Of course we all love positive reviews andThanks to people like yourself providing us with feedback, helps to know what areas we are doing well, and what areas we need to improve on. Due to the size of the Property (we are on 4.5 hectares) as you can appreciate hi speed cable over this much land, was a hugly expensive exercise. We certainly recognise that you would appreciate free WiFi, and at this stage have provided totally free WiFi in the Restaurant, until the day comes where our $7/h or $16/day can be removed.
We are through the next stage of completely renovating our Motel Rooms on the road front, double insulating the walls, windows and ceiling. This we believe will cut out nearly all the noise. For those times you don't feel like a meal in the Restaurant, perhaps consider grabbing a BBQ pack from Reception and have a lovely relaxing evening by the pool. We look forward to welcoming you back and again Thank you for your feedback. warm wishes Michelle.