“Down from last time - Staff still great”

Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens
Ranked #64 of 170 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have always liked staying at this Comfort Inn and choose it every time I am in Brisabne. This is the first time I have visited and been disappointed.
My biggest disappointment was the restaurant - normally really good food. Figured it was a bad night. The saving grace was the attentive, willing team who obviously have the confidence and authority to ensure guests have a pleasant experience.

The room was lovely as always and the bed comfortable and bathroom well presented. The bath towels looked a little tired and rather off white (heightened by the impeccable white tiled bathroom) with one of them having a brown smear on it on the first night.

All in all still a great place to stay - little things do make a difference and of course when you are usually a 5 star the expectation is on to consistently keep the high standards.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in the middle of the complex - too close to the roads and you can hear big trucks...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Good morning ThinkRight. As usual it was delightful to welcome you back and we are grateful that you take the time to point out what perhaps we have overlooked. I am speaking with the Chefs regarding your experience in the Restaurant. We have recently changed the menu, which was giving us great feedback. so u can imagine my disappointment to think that your meal was a let down. Our linen is sent to a laundry house, and recently we have been addressing the issue of not the same standard of linen as we demand for our rooms. I will follow up with Housekeeping to keep an eye on ALL the towels as we have been pulling many aside to not be used. Recently being awarded International Comfort Hotel 2013 - you are correct in that fact that we have an even greater guest expectation to live up to.. and would like to believe that at every opportunity,we strive to listen and learn so that we can continue to deliver exceptional service and value for money. We look forward to you staying when next travelling to Brisbane. warm wishes, Michelle

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Medium to large motel room with car parking away from it. Hard to believe they charge for WiFi these days here. Kitchenette is good, with good mini bar. QB was comfy, but room could do with a lounge instead of single chair. Good size bathroom with great shower. Restaurant was OK. I'd probably try a villa next time?

Room Tip: Ground Floor - unless you like stairs. Room not facing the road if traffic noise affects you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Brad290,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Of course we all love positive reviews andThanks to people like yourself providing us with feedback, helps to know what areas we are doing well, and what areas we need to improve on. Due to the size of the Property (we are on 4.5 hectares) as you can appreciate hi speed cable over this much land, was a hugly expensive exercise. We certainly recognise that you would appreciate free WiFi, and at this stage have provided totally free WiFi in the Restaurant, until the day comes where our $7/h or $16/day can be removed.
We are through the next stage of completely renovating our Motel Rooms on the road front, double insulating the walls, windows and ceiling. This we believe will cut out nearly all the noise. For those times you don't feel like a meal in the Restaurant, perhaps consider grabbing a BBQ pack from Reception and have a lovely relaxing evening by the pool. We look forward to welcoming you back and again Thank you for your feedback. warm wishes Michelle.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Only stay here if you have car. We stayed here as it was close to QE2, which is the only place within walking distance. Was not safe to walk to large shopping centre due to roadworks. I had three conversations with the receptionist and all resulted in me feeling frustrated due to her lack of help. On arrival at 11.30 she welcomed me with "you're very early!"- I felt like I was a pain for her, when I asked what time the restaurant was open, she rudely told me that the restaurant was closed that night - "the sign is on the counter", "no you can't get cash out anywhere around here - you'll have to go to the shopping centre" ($35 return cab ride). I do realize that these issues were out of her control but her attitude was one of 'tell someone who cares!' I must say, the staff at breakfast were lovely and so were the two other receptionists who were there at other times.
The room was comfortable and reasonably clean. I found housekeeping lady very polite and friendly. Just the one rude receptionist has left sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: March 2013
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Hell73
my sincere apologies for the frustrations you experienced while dealing with our Receptionist. As service is of paramount importance,together with our constant upgrading of our facilities, i was very disappointed to hear that we didn't serve you well. Thanks to you alerting us to this situation and we have since spoken to our team. Obviously, i was very pleased that you enjoyed the service at Breakfast and enjoyed the rest of your stay. if you would like to email me directly, i would like to do something nice, as a way of saying Thank you for letting us know about a problem, but also as a way of apologising for not serving you well. sales@robertsongardens.com.au .Michelle

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stay at Robertson Gardens every week and have always found it to be comfortable and clean.
Have always found the staff to be friendly and courteous and the restaurant provides good food at reasonable prices. I will continue to stay here as i feel it represents value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Jeff A,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our property. Obviously we are thrilled to be providing you with the service and facilities which allow you to feel comfortable in your home away from home. We have just released our new Menu in the Restaurant and trust that you enjoy many of the new dishes. Please always feel free to let us know if there are any favourites, because as our menu changes, we can always have them on our specials board or reintroduce them to the following menu. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon and have a small nice surprise waiting for you :-)
warm wishes,
Michelle.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at Robertson gardens frequently over the past five years and have always come away feeling that I was a valued guest.
From check in until check out nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are very clean, comfortable well furnished and quiet.
The restaurant went through a bit of a lull a short time ago but this is now back to where it was serving good food at fair prices with friendly staff.
The Robertson will remain the place for me to stay even when I have to travel further afield due to the high level of customer service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Jim 343,
obviously we are delighted that you are enjoying your Brisbane home away from home. Anyone who says that travelling for Business is fun, obviously doesn't travel a lot :-).. therefore the fact that we are able to make your trips more enjoyable - is wonderful. We very much appreciate all feedback, of course, loving the positive feedback, but also growing and improving from those things that we can improve on to help travellers like yourself have a comfortable stay. Our new Restaurant Menu started last week, and as a regular, if you have a favourite from this menu or any previous, please tell the staff, so that we can flag it for future menus or our special board. Jim, We very much look forward to welcoming you back. warm wishes, Michelle.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We thought the room and bed was comfortable enough, although the fact that if you want to keep your curtains open, the guy next door looks straight at you on your couch whenever he comes out of his door is a little off-putting.

We first noticed the plumbing noise (noisy pipes) about midnight, but it lasted only a minute and then went away. However at 4am it came back in a big way and did not stop for over an hour. I complained, but got no feedback about the outcome.

I am disappointed in this motel as I was expecting more based on the helpfulness I received when making the booking. This might be a one-off issue (the plumbing) but it will make it likely we'll look elsewhere on our next trip.

Room Tip: The middle section near the basketball court looks like the rooms have more private entrances and wi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hello Dbrown101272, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Property. I am guessing that perhaps you were in one of the self-contained Villas. I am a little perplexed about the comments about the noisy pipes and your complaint at the time. I apologise to need to ask, however, would you please email me with the room you were in as obviously, we wish to fix this problem so that noone else experiences the same problem. Michelle - sales@robertsongardens.com.au .
As we continue to strive to provide wonderful hospitality, services and facilities, obviously, i am disappointed that we didn't meet your expectations and apologise that we didn't provide prompt feedback. Our owners spend over $500k each year back into Refurbishments and upgrades, something i am proud of, to ensure that we continue to improve all aspects of our Property. Perhaps these pipes is something we have missed. Again please accept my sincere apologies, and your feedback is invaluable .

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here on business with a collegue for over a week, rooms are OK but very very basic (discount hotel style). First night we had dinner at the restaurant and it was awful, we received a discount because of the poor food and ate elsewhere the rest of the stay. Went to the restaurant to try the "Fully Hot & Cold Buffet Breakfast" only to be told they were not doing it that morning but we could order hot food and they would cook it. Not the same in my opinion and we had to wait a while for it to arrive. Also we were charged $22.00 not $19.50 as stated on the website. Various noise from neighbours showers and from the ceiling during the night made sleeping difficult. Just to cap it off, when we left we were presented with an amount $90.00 more (each) than we should have been charged. When I questioned it, the reply was "Oh well, I can change that if you want" followed by a sigh - not even an apology.

I will be staying a few times in the area this year, for the price and experience I will definately be going elsewhere.

Room Tip: Single Motel rooms are not renovated and very very basic.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank eddorean
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Eddorean,
Thank you for the time to provide feedback on our property.
sometimes it seems that Murphy's law jumps in and creates havoc with one particular house guest, while the others seem to have awesome experiences.. I am bitterly disappointed that we got it wrong for you during your stay. Especially when you were here for a week. being away from home for business is always a tough gig, and for us to not get it right, just makes it that much worse.
I am unsure which room you were, however it sounds like one of the ones which we haven't renovated yet.
Eddorean, would you please email me directly, I would like to make this bad experience up to you.. Michelle Allsop - Director of Sales - Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens. sales@robertsongardens.com.au