“One of the best”

Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens
Ranked #67 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at Robertson gardens frequently over the past five years and have always come away feeling that I was a valued guest.
From check in until check out nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are very clean, comfortable well furnished and quiet.
The restaurant went through a bit of a lull a short time ago but this is now back to where it was serving good food at fair prices with friendly staff.
The Robertson will remain the place for me to stay even when I have to travel further afield due to the high level of customer service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Jim 343,
obviously we are delighted that you are enjoying your Brisbane home away from home. Anyone who says that travelling for Business is fun, obviously doesn't travel a lot :-).. therefore the fact that we are able to make your trips more enjoyable - is wonderful. We very much appreciate all feedback, of course, loving the positive feedback, but also growing and improving from those things that we can improve on to help travellers like yourself have a comfortable stay. Our new Restaurant Menu started last week, and as a regular, if you have a favourite from this menu or any previous, please tell the staff, so that we can flag it for future menus or our special board. Jim, We very much look forward to welcoming you back. warm wishes, Michelle.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We thought the room and bed was comfortable enough, although the fact that if you want to keep your curtains open, the guy next door looks straight at you on your couch whenever he comes out of his door is a little off-putting.

We first noticed the plumbing noise (noisy pipes) about midnight, but it lasted only a minute and then went away. However at 4am it came back in a big way and did not stop for over an hour. I complained, but got no feedback about the outcome.

I am disappointed in this motel as I was expecting more based on the helpfulness I received when making the booking. This might be a one-off issue (the plumbing) but it will make it likely we'll look elsewhere on our next trip.

Room Tip: The middle section near the basketball court looks like the rooms have more private entrances and wi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hello Dbrown101272, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Property. I am guessing that perhaps you were in one of the self-contained Villas. I am a little perplexed about the comments about the noisy pipes and your complaint at the time. I apologise to need to ask, however, would you please email me with the room you were in as obviously, we wish to fix this problem so that noone else experiences the same problem. Michelle - sales@robertsongardens.com.au .
As we continue to strive to provide wonderful hospitality, services and facilities, obviously, i am disappointed that we didn't meet your expectations and apologise that we didn't provide prompt feedback. Our owners spend over $500k each year back into Refurbishments and upgrades, something i am proud of, to ensure that we continue to improve all aspects of our Property. Perhaps these pipes is something we have missed. Again please accept my sincere apologies, and your feedback is invaluable .

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here on business with a collegue for over a week, rooms are OK but very very basic (discount hotel style). First night we had dinner at the restaurant and it was awful, we received a discount because of the poor food and ate elsewhere the rest of the stay. Went to the restaurant to try the "Fully Hot & Cold Buffet Breakfast" only to be told they were not doing it that morning but we could order hot food and they would cook it. Not the same in my opinion and we had to wait a while for it to arrive. Also we were charged $22.00 not $19.50 as stated on the website. Various noise from neighbours showers and from the ceiling during the night made sleeping difficult. Just to cap it off, when we left we were presented with an amount $90.00 more (each) than we should have been charged. When I questioned it, the reply was "Oh well, I can change that if you want" followed by a sigh - not even an apology.

I will be staying a few times in the area this year, for the price and experience I will definately be going elsewhere.

Room Tip: Single Motel rooms are not renovated and very very basic.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank eddorean
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Eddorean,
Thank you for the time to provide feedback on our property.
sometimes it seems that Murphy's law jumps in and creates havoc with one particular house guest, while the others seem to have awesome experiences.. I am bitterly disappointed that we got it wrong for you during your stay. Especially when you were here for a week. being away from home for business is always a tough gig, and for us to not get it right, just makes it that much worse.
I am unsure which room you were, however it sounds like one of the ones which we haven't renovated yet.
Eddorean, would you please email me directly, I would like to make this bad experience up to you.. Michelle Allsop - Director of Sales - Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens. sales@robertsongardens.com.au

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed at this motel for a night. It is only minutes away from Griffith University, and also close to Sunny bank, a suburb has a lot of Asian restaurants and shops.

Check in and check out was good, staff are friendly and helpful. Room is renovated, bed is comfortable. It has everything you need for a night away from home.

breakfast is good but nothing special. You can also accumulate Qantas and Virgin Australia points. It was uneventful stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank melbcollege
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear MelbCollege,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Property. We pay close attention in listening to our guests feedback, as this provides us with the opportunity to continue to improve our services and facilities. Obviously, I am glad that you enjoyed your room including our friendly welcome. From your comments, you will be delighted to know that we are, over the Christmas period, completely renovating our Breakfast buffet. This will allow us to provide a wider variety of freshly prepared foods. I am proud to say, that our French Pastry Chef produces some amazing fare on our Breakfast Buffet, and i hope that on your next visit, you will be delighted with the selection. We are also changing, as we do each 3 months, our Dinner menu, so that we can continue to provide delicious freshly prepared meals for our guests. Did you know that we also have Packed Lunches available, for you to pick up and take with you for the day? Have a safe and very Merry Christmas, and we hope to be welcoming you back in 2013. warm wishes, Michelle.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I selected this motel as it was handy for a business meeting in Acacia Ridge. There are both motel-style rooms and villas - I stayed in a motel room. The rooms are large, beds are good and everything was very clean and well-presented. BUT the traffic noise was terrible! I don't know Brisbane very well but Kessels Rd obviously connects somewhere "important" to somewhere "popular" because it stays busy ALL night! The road is also above the motel complex so the noise cascades right across the site. The motel rooms do not have any sound proofing. I have stayed in a noisier hotel - I learn't my lesson in Zurich about staying near tram lines - but this establishment had the worst road noise I have had the pleasure of experiencing. Avoid.

Room Tip: The back of the site MAY be quieter....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BrettJR
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Brett JR..
oh dear.. i am so sorry. we have had 1 or 2 people who come from country towns comment on the traffic. it seems people from city locations don't even hear it. however, in saying that, we are aware that the top block of the Motel Rooms do experience more noise than further down the back of the property.
We strive to constantly listen and where ever possible respond to our guests feedback. Without constructive feedback, we can't continue to improve our services and facilities. Currently as part of our renovation programme, we are soundproofing the top block rooms which will overcome hopefully the experience you had. I would hope that the rest of your stay was lovely and that you got to enjoy the Restaurant meals. But I totally understand it is hard to feel enjoyment about anything when you have had your sleep disrupted. Brett, if you are brave and would risk it again, i would like to extend to you our true warm (quiet) Robertson Gardens Hospitality and ask if you would email me directly so that i can make sure you are looked after on your next trip to Brisbane. warm wishes, Michelle sales@robertsongardens.com.au

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had a great stay at this property. Was traveling for work and stayed in a very modern clean with great facilities. Would definitly recommend for travelling to this area of Brisbane. The facilities around the BBQ looked great, and the villas at the back looked a great option for families.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Kiwilovestravel,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly hope you have the opportunity to visit again soon. You are right, the BBQ is a popular spot and a great alternative to dining in our Restaurant or Room Service. We have BBQ packs you can order at Reception to cook your own, or of course, with 2 major shopping centres 2 km away, there are looks of options to select your own fresh produce for your BBQ. Did you know that you can order a packed lunch at Reception the night before to pick up on your way out the next morning?.. in fact if there is anything else we can do to assist making your home away from home in Brisbane more comfortable next time you are in Australia, please don't hesitate to ask. Warm wishes, Michelle.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Date travel: July 2011 As we traveled well in SEA esp in Bali and Phuket, the word "villa" really looks & feels villa. I was disappointed with the quality of the bedrooms, facilities (esp the pool was not heated pool), walking distance to the mall is not a walking distance (anything more than 20 mins - 30 mins is not a walking distance) , public transport is not convenient at all, admission to local gym (distance was not indicated on their website), their bed linens did not feel clean, air condition was noisy, etc. I think, my family and I had been spoiled by the qualities of villas in Bali, Krabi, Phuket, etc in SEA. Need some refurbishments. I wanted to give POOR rate but I'd decided to give it "AVERAGE" rate. Even if the accommodation was not impressive. it brought us good memories to see our friends and families whom we hadn't seen for years.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
homeBrisbane, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Really likes2 Travel...
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Both good and bad feedback is always welcome as we listen closely to our guests comments so that we may continue to improve our service and facilities to meet our guests needs.
Murphy's law sometimes kicks in.. and i can't believe that you must have, during a very busy time been given the very last of the unrenovated Villas/Apartments. Your photos show me both the old tables around the pool area and the old Villas before major refurbishments.. (which have now been completed). I feel very disappointed that you didn't get a new room, which we are so proud of. The complimentary Gymnasium is across the road and perhaps this was not apparent in the Compendium , which i will look into ensuring the information is in each guests room. I note that you are an overseas guest, however if u are still in Australia, or if you see yourself coming back to again visit your friends, would you please email me directly sales@robertsongardens.com.au as i would dearly love to show you our true hospitality. Yes the pool isn't heated and with July one of our coldest months, it wouldn't have made for a pleasant dip in the pool, but i hope that our warm friendly staff, helped u feel some true Queensland warmth. please accept my deepest apologies that we didn't live up to your expectations, and hope that sometime in the future we can recitfy this. Safe travels. Michelle Allsop - Director of Sales - Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens - BRISBANE