“April and May 2012”

Ranked #146 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Perth, Australia
“April and May 2012”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed there at the start and end of my trip to Queensland. Staying 1 night on the 30th April and 2 more nights after I had been to the Gold Coast.

Lovely meal and Breakfast on the first stay, and then the 9:20 shuttle bus to the airport.

On the return journey at the end of the month before going to Sydney, I had more time to explore. Was a great joy to walk along the river and then catch the rivercat to the city and back. There was a Cruise ship in both days, and was able to get really close to it while sipping a coffee at the cafe by the terminal.

Nice to everything, but you do need to walk a little to the bus. Still was a great 3 days altogether. Was as nice as the 2005 trip when I stayed in a superior room, and had a great sleep Would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Hello & Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay in Brisbane. It is great to hear you were able to enjoy some of the lovely sights and activities in our sunny city. The Brisbane river brings in lots of glamorous cruise ships and we offer free car storage at our property if you require, while you are away on your cruise. It would be our pleasure to accommodate you if you come to Brisbane again. Happy travelling and kindest regards, Michael Frost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Reservation was made months in advance and room ready when we arrived. Room clean but very basic. Paid cash but not given receipt. Did not receive Best Western points. Second group to arrive in restaurant and only one special meal left. Free long term (up to one month) reason we stayed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Eljo812
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Good Morning and thank you for your comments. I am pleased you have been able to participate in our offer of 1 month car storage whilst you were away recently.
This is a special offer at no extra charge - just stay 1 night.
Please email us directly for a copy of your receipt and a full receipt is issued upon checkout. Our licensed restaurant is popular and I apologise if our Chef was uable to provide you a full and available menu on the night. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to provide accommodation and car storage for you recently. We hope we can be of service again soon. Kind regards, Michael Frost

Travelers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Plett
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Biggest regret not checking out this hotel on tripadvisor first! We are Best Western Reward customers and have never ever experienced such terrible service from front office staff. We've travelled around the world and Best Western have been great all round. What a disappointment to the brand. A word of warning - don't expect any assistance at all from the staff of this hotel, and make sure you arrive with deep pockets - they don't understand the concepts of value for money, nor being friendly and helpful towards paying guests. I guess we were just doing them a favour by staying and paying!!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank ecable
Hello and thank you for choosing to stay at your local Brisbane Best Western Airport property. It is very disturbing you were unhappy with our front office assistance during your recent stay. We helped as much as we could to assist you with contacting the local taxi service to locate your lost computer and we only hope you have since retrieved your item safely. During your 2 night stay, we tried to accommodate all your requests where possible in best our capacity but we empathise how difficult it is with children, travel and lost property so far from home. We trust the rest of your trip is success and we wish you all well. Kind regards, Michael Frost
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stayed overnight (22/04/12) here due to its close proximity to the airport, personally I found a 1 star hotel charging 4 star prices, The rooms were very basic and tired looking, within 100metres of this hotel were others which looked a lot more inviting with lower rates, a fact which I will use the next time I visit Brisbane.
My advise look / book elsewhere

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank a12kpf
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us in April and thank you for posting your comments. It is important to receive feedback so we are encouraged to achieve suitable accommodation at all times.

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations and your feedback will be used to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Many thanks and kind regards
Michael Frost
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Staff are ok. Carpark is too small, with a small car you need to do a 4 point turn to get into a spot. Rooms are digusting. The smell of mildew and dirty feet is overpowering. The bed is shaped like a bananna its that old and used. TV is new but the remote has food stuck to it. Balcony has a nice veiw of the motel next door and if you close the balcony door behind you there is no handle to let you back into the room?

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank GregAboutTown
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Hello and thank you for forwarding your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your room. I only wish I was made aware of this during your stay and I would have been happy to show you any other room we had available to ensure your stay is comfortable. However, I am unsure of your comments regarding our car park area - we have a very large car parking area, enough for over 40 cars & buses plus 2 grassed areas used for car storage, and a drive through driveway with 2 street access. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Brisbane and please contact me directly if you are returning and I will ensure your next stay is wonderful. Kind regards, Michael Frost
Geelong
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed at this motel the night before we were to go on our P&O Cruise. Location was great, but the rooms were very ordinary. I had a bath and noticed all the mould that hadn't been cleaned for a long time around the taps. Had to ask for more tissues as there was only one in the pack, wouldn't been nice to check this when the room was prepared! For the money we paid for two of us in the room overnight without breakfast, it was way too much. I'd choose elsewhere nearby- there are many more that look so much more superior.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Hello and Thank You for choosing to stay with us recently. We offer car storage for our guests whilst they enjoy their cruise at no extra charge and I hope you were able to take advantage of this option. Alternatively, we have a number of different room types and configurations to suit families and budgets so please contact us next time and we would be happy to provide our best options for you. I hope you provide us with another opportunity to provide a terrific stay for you and your family. Be assured, we strive to ensure every one of our customers to be very happy and comfortable at all times. Kind regards, Michael Frost
Perth
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This hotel is so close to the cruise terminal so for 1 night before our cruise and 1 night after it was so convenient and they allowed us to leave our car there for free saving $70 at the cruise terminal parking for the week. Breakfast is included which is a basic continental but I didn't wake up in time to try it. It's very old but clean and adequate. Pool area small but nice. I slept on the rollaway bed and I thought it would be one with a dip in the middle but no, it was perfectly fine. Bathroom was clean with shower over bath. I don't know what rating they give it but I would give it about a 3 star. I would stay there again when cruising.

Room Tip: Book room 12A - it is huge with 3 queen beds and by far the best, even has a little kitchenette.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Hello and Thank You for choosing to stay with us and thank you for posting your review. I am very pleased we have been able to provide suitable facilities for your holiday along with car storage. If we are able to assist you and your friends again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Thank you again.
Kind regards, Michael Frost