“Awesome park”

$39.55*
Brisbane Segway Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #1 of 55 Fun & Games in Brisbane
More attraction details
Owner description: South Bank Parklands is Brisbane's premier lifestyle and cultural destination. Located on the southern banks of the Brisbane River, its 17 hectares of lush parklands, world-class eateries, stunning river views and hundreds of delightful events all year round make it the perfect place to relax and unwind.
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome park”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I visited Brisbane to stay with my friend who has just moved and this was the number one place she wanted to take me. It lived up to her rave reviews as we wandered along the paths through the tropical rainforest - with bonus massive lizard sightings! - and along to the beach. After a hot day of lots of walking we loved the opportunity to soak our feet and plenty of people had gone a step further to have a proper swim in the water.

After our soak we continued to explore the park's many well-developed and beautifully gardened paths. We didn't take advantage of the restaurants in prime position but there were many people who looked to be enjoying themselves there. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited March 2013

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Sentimental”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

When I was looking to move to Brisbane, my husband-to-be took me to Southbank. We didn't really hang at the shops or restaurants (which are trendy and pricey), but just walked around the parklands as he described to me what it was like when the Ekka was there. I saw my first water dragon, and ogled the lush bougainvillea, birds-of-paradise, and lush greenery. The Temple of Peace is an astounding thing, and was a symbol of many of the things I love about Australia. I could not believe the fresh-water beach lagoon for swimming. I'd never seen a construct like it.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Popular with locals and visitors alike”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

2 couples in Brisbane for 2 nights. We dropped in via the City Cats on a hot and humid weekday. What an eye opener. It's really great to see people enjoying what the city has to offer. The 'beach ' was humming, excellent cafe fare available.. definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

Visited March 2013
Brisbane, Australia
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The South Bank Parklands are like an oasis very close to the Central Business District of Brisbane. You can get there by foot, by ferry, by rail or by bus. I took the ferry.

The place allows you to take advantage of some of the pleasures of a beach without having to go to the Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast. There are restaurants in the vicinity.

A rare but fine example of a man-made facility that has turned to be great and relaxing.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank PrAppadoo
Oxfordshire, UK
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“City centre haven”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Brisbane's South Bank should be a model for other cities on what to do with your riverfront. Stretching for about a mile along the south bank of the Brisbane River this is an area of fairly diverse parks and gardens with eateries and the Cultural Centre and Performing Arts Centre at one end. There is even a beach with swimming area and play fountains. I do think they need to do something to separate walkers from cyclists though as the whole area is shared pathway and there is an accident just waiting to happen as bikes weave through people, often at speed. Lovely area though - highly recommended.

Visited February 2013