“Great place”

$39.84*
Brisbane Segway Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #1 of 63 Fun & Games in Brisbane
More attraction details
Owner description: South Bank Parklands is Brisbane's premier lifestyle and cultural destination. Located on the southern banks of the Brisbane River, its 17 hectares of lush parklands, world-class eateries, stunning river views and hundreds of delightful events all year round make it the perfect place to relax and unwind.
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Southbank was merely metres from where we stayed over the weekend and it was great to stroll through every single day! The markets there from Friday night to Sunday, the restaurants and cafes were wonderful and swimming in the beach was better than our hotel pool! We also got to watch dragon boat racing on the river which was great too! We live 2hrs away so it's worth the drive for a day out.

There are newer reviews for South Bank Parklands

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Lovely parkland walk by the river. Dally at Streets Beach, a man mad beach in the centre of the city. Try th Wheel of Brisbane and do go oer to visit the museum

Reviewed February 14, 2013

South Bank has nice walkways, lots of lovely restaurants and cafes. You can swim on the artificial beach. There are markets on Friday nights. There are lots of free shows in amphitheatre

Reviewed February 14, 2013

great to go and visit on the weekend for people watching or lunching or just meeting friends in the city

1  Thank luvanime
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We recently visited Southbank Parklands. We caught the Brisbane City River Cat from Brett's Wharf at Hamilton, where we parked our car in the free 9 hr parking bay area, to the South Bank. We wandered through at a casual pace whilst heading towards the restaurant precinct area. The evening we went was warm and little breeze blowing and the stars were all out above us which made for a very pleasant and relaxed walk along the river bank. We wandered through on our way to a restaurant for dinner in Stanley Street and afterwards we purchase coffee and cake and sat on the beach/swimming area to enjoy the night air. I was surprised at the number of young families with little children still there at around 9pm Saturday night. The water looked so inviting I had wished I had my swimmers with me so we could go in too! There were families having bbqs and lots of people walking through to their destinations at various places. I was impressed to see cleaners out and about picking up any bits of rubbish that didn't make it to the rubbish bins. The area was very clean. I thought this would be a great evening out for a young family, catch the River Cat watching the pretty lights of the City go by and then hop off at South Bank and have a bbq or just a swim in the water under the lights and some peaceful time together. We also had a ride on the Brisbane Ferris Wheel which was fantastic. We had been on this during the daytime hours before but at night it is so lovely and I didnt feel like I was up so high, as I am afraid of heights although I try to control my fear in order to partake in some activities. The cost of the Wheel is a little expensive at $15 each but then it's something you don't get to do very often and well worthwhile. We got on the Wheel at abt 10pm as it closes at 10.30pm so there weren't many on it when we got on (there was a mad rush of people towards closing time though) so we had a great ride with little interruptions or stops to put people on, a smooth ride around and it was great. We visited the toilets a couple of time and there are plenty of toilet facilities and all were very clean. The River Cat ride, the stroll through the Parklands, our meal at the restaurant, our coffee and cake on the side of the beach/water area, our ride on the big Wheel, and our cruise home on the River Cat under the stars....simply romantic and a great night out together.