Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Book in advance
from
$65.15
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
from $65.15
from $126.67
from $35.47
8,053 results
All reviews australian animals tasmanian devils feed kangaroos bird show sheep shearing australia zoo the river great place to visit brisbane city platypus cuddle wombats hold birds enclosures dingo emu
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2019

We saw a number of Australian animals in a small set up. The close encounter withe the koalas was unique. Imagine holding this so sweet animal in your arms while a picture (later translated in a calendar) is taken by a profesionnal. Come early as grline ups forms quickly during the day even on not so busy days.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank jgd492
LonePineKoala, Front Office Manager at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Thank you for your review. Whilst Lone Pine is a smaller sanctuary, it means that we are able to offer our guests a more intimate, hands-on experience with our wonderful Australian native animals. We are so pleased that you enjoyed getting up close and personal with our koalas, and hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

I didn’t know what to expect in terms of crowds and how touristy it would be. I took the bus from central station at 8:45am and I was there at 9:30am. I had purchased my ticket at the tourist office on Queen street downtown (at a discount) plus I avoided the small queue at the entrance. I’m glad I went early and went straight to the koala picture area. They said they only take 100 people, otherwise you have to wait until the 12:00 session. To be able to hold a koala in my arms was definitely the highlight. It’s only $25 extra per person and you get a professional picture printed. There are quite a few koalas in different sections. Must of them were sleeping though in the morning. Then I walked to the park where you can see and touch kangaroos. It was amazing. Over 50 kangaroos jumping around. I anticipated a zoo type feel, but it sure wasn’t. I highly recommend this place, and go when they open in the morning.

2  Thank EmpireB

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Lone Pine, and that you were able to enjoy the experience of holding a koala in your own arms. Our 5-hectare free-range kangaroo reserve is certainly a wonderful place to interact with our fascinating and friendly kangaroos, wallabies, and emus. We hope to welcome you back to Lone Pine in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

Lone pine has expanded over the years - the koala habitat is great, with care for the animals, the expansive area for Roos and wallabies is great. The raptor show was less exciting and the birds seemed pretty tattered. Staff great, store needs cleaning up and upgrading. Probably most convenient animal sanctuary near Brisbane cbd.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Alofoz

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed spending some time in our 5-hectare free-range kangaroo reserve.

You may be interested to know that some of our raptors who appear in our show have actually come to live at Lone Pine after sustaining permanent injuries in the wild, mostly as a result of car collisions. Spirit, one of our wedge-tailed eagles, is one such bird. Due to injury, one of his wings now sits lower than the other, and his feathers are a little less-than-perfect. This may have been what you noticed during the show.

We have various upgrades currently planned or in progress, for both retail spaces and exhibits, so we hope you can return someday to enjoy them.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

Very nice, friendly staff with good and detail explanation.We had a Koala hugging tour, hugging time is a little short but overall was good.

2  Thank Patrick W

Thank you for your 5-star review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Wild Encounter: Koala experience, run by our friendly and knowledgeable Education team. As Queensland is only one of two states in Australia where you can hold a koala, it is a unique and special experience. We hope to see you at Lone Pine again someday.

Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

We absolutely loved our trip to Lone Pine and cannot speak highly enough re the staff and our whole experience there. I feel I should start by defending the park a little from the people who have complained re the lines for holding the koala . We went independently of any organised trip as we wanted to take our time - and that’s what I’d advise people to do if they are really keen to see the Koalas and Kangeroos - going as part of trip would be too rushed if you want to queue to hold a koala . They clearly state that the koala holding and photo is not guaranteed because it is dependent on the Koalas ( as responsible keepers they refuse to use the Koalas beyond what is good for the animals ). The staff member that we bought our entrance tickets from ( we arrived just after 930 ) alerted us to the fact that tickets were limited so we went straight to that exhibit- there are usually only 2 sessions a day and 3 when park is busy - so just factor that in to avoid disappointment !
My friend and I both loved meeting Davis ( below ) but I the other tips I would offer to enjoy the park are as follows
1) you could easily overlook the Koala Forrest -this is located at the back of the barn attached to the main restaurant area - this is where we got our best koala photos
2) do chat to a staff member - I quizzed a staff member and she was very knowledgable and very clearly loves her job and the Koalas ( I wanted to know if she had a favourite )
3) leave time for the Kangeroo paddock
It’s a really well thought out park and we have the photos to prove it

1  Thank TanyaTraveller2012
LonePineKoala, Front Office Manager at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2019

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review.

We are pleased to hear you were able to meet some of our kangaroos, wallabies and koalas during your visit. Our staff certainly do a wonderful job of caring for all the animals that call Lone Pine home, and ensuring their welfare is top priority. We are delighted to hear about your visit, and hope to welcome you to Lone Pine again soon.