“Wow, I really like this!”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #25 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane
“Wow, I really like this!”
Reviewed June 5, 2009

This place is wonderful, I think I could get used to this as the hotel is amazing and really a great stay. My wife and I had a few days for a getaway and we loved it. The condition of the room, the treatment by the staff and the wonderful time we had was just great!

Great place for a romantic stay. Order the champagne and lock the door and only allow roomservice to come in for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karta_Mita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2009

The Brisbane Marriot is a very well located business hotel, right on the riverside, adjacent to the busy promenade with many bars and restaurants. The staff are friendly and efficient, the parking is well-run, the breakfast buffet is very good and the rooms are comfortable. The spa is also great. Go for the 'two day package' deal. You get a cheaper rate that includes breakfast and valet parking. It saves you a packet!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex_Hunt
Perth
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I booked the Marriott after reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and the fact it offered a package that included valet parking (we had a hire car and it seems parking is a bit of a luxury in the Brisbane CBD!) The hotel was lovely, our room was beautiful and the bed was huge and very comfy! We had some noise from a couple of the rooms next to us which was annoying (kids screaming and banging doors most of the afternoon and then first thing in the morning) The location was really good. Close to the river.... (don't bother with the Groove Train restaurant...The pasta sauce may as well have been dishwater!) walking distance to Queen St Mall and footsteps away from Ecco Bistro which was amazing!! The hotel gym was amongst the best I have seen in a hotel (Yes...a little punishment was required for my amazing meal at Ecco!!)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jloPerth
sydney
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days on a recent business trip. The hotel is quite attractive. It is decorated in a traditional style with lots or marble and timber trimming/pannelling. It has a nice warm, welcoming feel to it. I found the service excellent and very professional. Perhaps the restaurant wait staff could be a little casual in their manner, but all requests were handled promptly and willingly. Reception staff were very professional. I ordered dinner by room service on one occasion and it was delivered within 20 minutes.
The room was spacious and comfortable and yes the beds are a standout. They have a special cushioning layer on top of the mattress which provides a supportive but floating on air feeling. The room was probably the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in and cleanliness is my highest priority in choosing a room. The main body of the hotel is a high rise so that the windows don't open and you rely on airconditioning for aircirculation. The hotel has a no smoking policy so there isn't that dingy smell you often find in hotel rooms.
I used the internet while I was there. Unfortunately they charge a fee depending on the length of use: $9.95 per hour, $19.95 per day and (I think) $99.95 for a week. However, all extra charges are dependent on what is included in your rate. The internet was a little slow, but I had no difficulty getting on to it. I noticed when I arrived at the hotel that I had been there once before for a conference (which I remember was smooth and comfortable). It appeared that there were other conferences there at the time and it is popular for this purpose.
The location is quite good once you get the hang of the layout of the streets in Brisbane centre. If you walk down Queen Street, it probably takes you about 4 blocks or so to reach the main shopping area. A short walk will also take you to the riverside promenade where there are a lot of reasonable restaurants. Being a few blocks away from the busiest areas meant that the hotel was quiet and restful.
My biggest disappointment was the food served in the restaurant. My rate included a buffet breakfast. The selection was certainly wide and nicely presented. They produced quite nice stewed fruits with whole cinnamon and cloves for example and made parfaits of fruit and yoghurt. They also had a few cereals, a very small variety of pastries that had been dried to a crisp under heating lamps, inedible pancakes, a selection of sliced cheese and cold meats; and the usual english breakfast items such as bacon, sausages, fried eggs, hash browns, which I didn't eat because they looked unappetising. The second day I ordered an omelette which came dry and overcooked. Espresso coffee could be ordered with the breakfast but it always came luke warm.
I ate all my meals there and was very disappointed with the standard of the food compared to the cost - it was not at all 5 star quality (more like 2). I would recommend a rate that didn't include breakfast and eating at the riverside promenade or one of the cafes along Queen Street. Such a shame since this effected my feelings about the hotel. As I filled in the questionnaire for this review I realized that most aspects of the hotel itself were excellent.

In summary I liked the comfort and presentation of the room the most but disliked the poor quality of the restaurant food.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank laillo
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I just stayed there 3 nights with our 2 children aged 11 and 9 and we had a ball. (Husband was away which was sad) The room service was excellent. I had fish with a bottle of wine and kids had spagetti and pizza. The fold out bed is better than an average fold out. Huge bathroom. Great view.

The buffett breakfast was nice and convenient...beats walking to the city and having to make a decision about which place to eat at. Gym was great. Kids loved the pool - I thought it was a bit small. Everyone seemed really nice and we felt really comfortable.

Room was upgraded free of charge. We paid about $200/night. We really liked that the ferry was so close and also the city was only about 3 blocks away. Internet costs money. If my husband was with us, we would have to get 2 rooms to fit us all in.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Tania R
Northern New South Wales
Reviewed May 7, 2009

Fresh linen, luscious white bathrobes, prompt room service, beautiful river views and discreet and professional staff.

I was in Brisbane recently to attend a funeral and needed peace and comfort and the Brisbane Marriott delivered on both counts.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Perhaps most striking about this hotel was just how friendly and helpful *every* staff member was. It's not unusual to find someone working at a hotel that does their job well and brightens your day, but to have every interaction with a staff member feel this way means that someone in management is doing something right.

A thoroughly enjoyable stay. Nice rooms, fine location.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business