“Frequent visitor”

Ranked #24 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Frequent visitor”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I like Marriott hotels in general, so I might be a little biased. I have stayed around 80 nights at this hotel in past three years. Nice hotel, pricey no doubt, but so are most places in Brisbane's CBD. Good cuisine, helpful staff, good gym (used to be very good, but my favorite ellipticals are not being fixed lately). The breakfast area has been recently renovated. Location and riverside view are hard to beat. If you get fed up with the hotel's restaurant, riverside restaurants are only 5-minute walk away.

Room Tip: River-side view no doubt. 15th floor and up.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 2, 2013

After reading some good and some bad reviews here. I had to admit I hesitated whether if I want to stay at this hotel for a surprise Christmas celebration with my two nephews. However, I went ahead booked a room thru "American Express Travel" for Dec. 23-25, 2013 (2nights) . I am super excited to visit this hotel. And I hope I'll get a "WOW" from my 14yrs old and 24yrs old nephews. So, I will come back here after my trip, and share my experience.

Jane Nixon

Room Tip: Can't give tips just yet! I will come back to share my experience with Brisbane Marriott.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
adelaide
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Only stayed for one night on the way to a family wedding immediately after returning from overseas. No idea what the rest of the hotel consisted of other than reception, our room and the club lounge, but these were all excellent. On checking in, after 20 hours of travelling, we were treated so well we even managed to raise a smile. Without asking, it was suggested that we be offered a room well away from any noise so that we could sleep.
The club lounge, while quite small and not providing any real level of service (even tea and coffee at breakfast is help yourself) is good value for the extra you pay. And the Concierge desk was very helpful at arranging to have our hire car delivered to the hotel the following morning.
Top marks for service.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear diggaa – It certainly sounds like a whirlwind visit and I’m so glad that we impressed with our seamless, warm and efficient service. I appreciate your top marks and for taking the time to share your feedback here. I hope we may welcome you back on a future visit and opportunity to experience all our hotel has to offer.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Arrived at check in (without out luggage that has gone missing at the airport), and was attended to professionally .We were given a glass of champagne and a new can of deodorant which was needed to spruce ourselves up for the Club/Executive lounge.
Four hours of "help yourself" alcoholic beverages.Some food for the first 2 hours ,then desert for about an hour.Remember to pace yourself.Staff on the Club Floor were friendly and happy and keeping the bar stocked up all the time.
Had my first hot stone massage at The Dome (must try this once) and then wandered around the pool checking out the amenities and view.All of which were great.
Our room faced The Story Bridge which at night time changed colour with the lighting.
Make sure to walk the boardwalk down to the Botanic Gardens where you can stop for a coffee or a drink.
Really enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: Get a Club/Executive floor room, well worth the money
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda P – Sounds like a glass of bubbly was just what you needed on arrival! I’m so pleased the team came to your rescue and that you were then able to unwind and enjoy the facilities and service in our Executive Lounge. And I agree, a truly relaxing hot stone massage at the Dome Spa Retreat is a must. There is much to see and do at this end of town and I’m also delighted you discovered the river boardwalk which provides easy access to so much in the surrounding area. Thankyou for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please come again soon to experience even more of what the Brisbane Marriott has to offer. We have some fantastic package deals on our website that might entice, particularly for over the coming holiday season.

Bonaire, Georgia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here for the week and was very pleased with my room and the service provided. I checked in early after a long overseas flight and was pleasantly surprised to find that my room was ready. The staff at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. I also liked the location of the hotel, restaurants and shopping were an easy walk. Access to the walkway on the river was also close.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was a bit disappointed by the Marriott, but perhaps my expectations were too high. My colleagues and I had to wait 20 minutes before we could be checked in. Partly because one of the receptionists was dealing with a hire car return. I think this should be handled by the concierge at busy times to free up the reception staff. Two of my colleagues received a room upgrade due to the delay, but myself and another colleague didn't. On arrival in my room I felt the room was dated and in need of an update. It was still perfectly comfortable but not great. The location of the hotel is good, a quick walk to the river and the restaurants along the banks. We ate in the restaurant one night and it was possibly the slowest service of our business trip, it took well over an hour to serve us two courses, although the food was good. I had to leave very early the next day to catch my flight, and room service/breakfast didn't begin until 6am. Although when I checked out the receptionist said I could've ordered breakfast earlier (in contrast to what I'd been told when I asked this on checking in). He was lovely and got the kitchen to make me a latte and some croissants which was a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear KJNewZealand – A seamless and efficient checkin and prompt restaurant service are integral to a successful hotel stay and I am terribly sorry that we fell short on this occasion. My apologies also for the confusion experienced in relation to our breakfast availability. I was delighted to note that one of our Front Office team came to your assistance with a latte and croissants to go. I appreciate your feedback and do hope we may welcome you again to allow us the opportunity to show that we are capable of exceeding your expectations in all areas of our service.

Hobart Tas
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Just enjoyed an overnight stay on way to Sunshine Coast and could not fault service. Arrived late and had quick check in and the following morning enjoyed first class service at breakfast. Finally on heading down to check out we had our bags collected and car brought out for us. It would be nice to have this level of service all the time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Scott B – Thankyou for sharing your feedback. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional service and I’m delighted we were able to achieve this across all departments for you. We hope to welcome you back soon!