“a nice break”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #28 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had a one night stopover booked on my way further north to visit grandchildren. I arrived way too early but had booked a massage at the Dome day spa....heaven! I then lay by the pool waiting to hear when my room would be ready. I went to reception to check in and was told that I had been given a complimentary room upgrade due to the inconvenience of having to wait...!! These things never happen to me...The hotel staff were professional and extremely polite and friendly. My room was lovely with a river view which got even better after sunset with the bridge illuminated. A reasonably priced set 3 course menu was also very nice in the restaurant. Only complaint here was the airconditioning was freezing so I sat outside on the deck, but I am from a cold part of Australia and love a warmer evening. After dinner I returned to the pool deck where I enjoyed a hot spa before turning in. My bed was so comfortable and the room was quiet. No traffic noise at all which is great for a city hotel. I had to check out before breakfast unfortunately but with 3 checkout options I found this very efficient. Thank you to all at The Marriott. I would love to return and stay a while longer.

Room Tip: Arrive too early and get an upgrade !!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank luckyladycanber... m
Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was the first day of our honeymoon so we checked in to the Marriott. I guess we expected alot as it was the Marriott but it was a dissapopintment. The check in was highly okay , the satff were to the point and not very friendly. For the price we paid we did´nt get anything not even a rrom with a view . Anything extra you request for is chargable.
On a positive not the room was clean, good beds and the concierge was very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travel-Jbird
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Judycorrea – We normally receive such wonderful feedback on our customer service and I do apologise that this has not been your experience, particularly as it was the special occasion of your honeymoon. In the circumstances, I do appreciate your graciousness in also providing positive comments. I hope we may welcome you again should your travels bring you back this way, so that we may have the opportunity to ensure you enjoy a wholly more positive stay.

Kind regards
James Ferguson

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My 2nd visit to the same hotel in Brisbane in 5 months. Stayed for 2 nights. This time, I was not assigned to the 'seaview', and the room was facing the road. Noted that there is no more free wine voucher (back in June, there was a promotion, I reckon). But no problem, still get to order my pizza at the lounge area. Overall, experience for the 2nd time is still as great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank booyk
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Thanks to wotif I stayed at Marriott Brisbane for one night including parking, breaks and wine for $270. For an extra $30 I was on high floor 21 but only had limited river views. Breakfast was sensational along with the bed and pillows....would of loved to have dragged the king bed home with me! Service was fine and room service was very quick. First time I've stayed here and will return again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vietnamexplorer
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, and were delighted with our room - spacious and immaculate, and housekeeping staff is excellent. Hotel is at the north edge of central Brisbane, but still only a 15 minute walk to the main shopping area, and even less to the river taxi. Because we were on an executive level floor, we had breakfast in the lounge and not the restaurant, so can't comment on that.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Gary G – Thankyou for sharing your feedback. It’s fantastic to hear that you were so impressed with our service, location and Executive Lounge offerings. The Housekeeping staff in particular will be chuffed to have been mentioned. Thankyou again and I hope you may have the opportunity to visit our restaurant, Motion Bar & Grill on your next visit. Come back soon!

Kind regards
James Ferguson

Reviewed October 23, 2013

A very nice place to stay and relax a city holiday, but for lunch and dinner, better find another place. The male staff in the restaurant is far too young and was more interested in serving young ladys than hungry customers, and if they did it was not that very professional, orders forgotten, etc. but food is good a bit overpriced, thats why a good city restaurant, and there are a lot, will do it better with excellent service.

Room Tip: Use Wotif.com to get the best rate
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel is a little bit away from Town Center or South Bank but still walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking is a little high but so is everything else there. I was only stayed for a week there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business