“Perfect for an overnight stay”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #28 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We booked an overnight Friday stay at this hotel as we were going to a nearby restaurant and didn't want to bother with parking and wanted to spoil ourselves. Got a great deal on a third party website which include a deluxe city view room with a king size bed, full buffet breakfast for 2, complimentary parking and one $25 fuel voucher. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a river view room looking towards the Kangaroo Point reach of the river. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast buffet was excellent. Would definitely recommend for a couple looking to visit one of the many restaurants nearby. We couldn't fault any of the service staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarjofromBrissie
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear MarjofromBrissie – I’m so pleased you enjoyed your night in the city and thank you sincerely for your wonderful review and rating. Congratulations on discovering our very popular and great value ‘Stay Efficient’ accommodation package. For Trip Advisor readers this can also be booked direct via the Brisbane Marriott website. I hope you may have the opportunity to revisit us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our Pre-paid by travel agent rooms were not ready @ 6pm check in.
They tried to palm us off with put up beds extra in the room. Only when I produced the receipts for payment/confirmation did they give us correct rooms.
Reception staff gave impression of being arrogant.
Dinner in the restaurant was a nightmare as they had a hen/stag party in of about 12 who were so noisy it was unreal.
Is this really what a 4/5* hotel wants to portray ??
Concierge staff helpful.
Changing money was an ordeal!! The staff member scrutinised Gbp with the queens head on it ??? And confessed to not even knowing what her Prime Minister looked like !!!! Sorry Mr Rudd, your lost in Brisbane.

Expensive for what it is. May carry Marriott name but???? Not the rest.
I don't use Marriott a lot but have a card which didn't count to much. Maybe ill throw it away also.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Yet another hotel trying to pull a fast one on check in!! Don't why these hotels do it ! Travellers know what they've booked so why treat us like idiots
We had booked two twin rooms and yes we're given a twin and a double ! We refused to take it and on providing the paperwork were quickly changed to two twins despite being told the hotel was fully booked. !!!
Rooms okay but far too hot, staff friendly and helpful
It's very close to everything so very handy
If stay again just watch them in check in

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Check in was fast and efficient. Upon check in we were offered a glass of sparkling wine each (no charge) which was a nice touch.

The room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable and everything worked. Air conditioning was quiet and worked well. However subsequent cleaning was very average, especially the bathroom which always had large pools of water on the floor after cleaning and it was evident the toilet seat was never cleaned.

Hotel WiFi (the entry level selection) was fine for email and general browsing and ok for Skye voice but not video.

Breakfast was excellent with a good range of choice and eggs made to order. The buffet hot was actually hot. Not just warm, but nice and hot. Especially the baked beans, scrambled egg and bacon. Coffee made to order was excellent. Service was also some of the best I have come across. It really made getting in and out quick at breakfast time. Eat breakfast at the hotel!

The hotel has a bar and prices are reasonable and service good.

Keep an eye out for their 'door deals' where they hang a daily offer on your hotel door e.g a free bottle of wine with dinner. This was excellent and we used them during our stay as it was cold outside.

Overall the hotel service is excellent.

Check out was fast and efficient with no billing errors.

I would happily stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank dropandflop
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My first stay at the Brisbane Marriott. My first impression was good when met by the friendly desk staff particularly John who asked about my day and wanted to know about my trip and how my day had been. On hearing that this was my first stay here, John promptly upgraded my room to a river view deluxe as a complementary measure. The room was perfect for a short stay traveller like myself with a great view of the river and Storey Bridge (great at night). Very clean and thoughtfully presented (including additional free toiletries you dont usually get from equivalent rated hotels) and importantly for me a very comfortable bed and a range of pillows to choose from. The gym is decent sized with a range of equipment and to top it off the day-spa (and the warm and lovely staff) were a real treat. Felt a completely relaxed vibe about the place which is not what you might expect in what is a business stay type hotel. I would come back here. MS July 26-27 2013

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Muz S

Dear Muz S – I am thrilled you enjoyed such great first impressions of our Hotel. John will be delighted to know he contributed so positively to your welcome and stay as did the appointments in your room, the fantastic Story Bridge view, our super comfortable beds and your visit to the Dome Spa which is always a special treat. It’s great to know we ticked all the boxes for you and hope we may welcome you on many more visits.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

First off my review is negative due to the fact I did not get the room I booked. Stayed here for business, the company booked me a king city view room and prepaid which did not allow any changes or cancellations, which was fine as my trip was going ahead as planned. When I arrived I was told they did not have any city view king rooms but I was to receive an upgrade to a river view twin. Due to the fact it was a business trip and I would only be in the room to sleep, the king bed was much more important to me than the view. I mentioned this to the check in staff and was told the only king bed rooms they had available were on the executive floors and they were not able to give me one of these. This does not make sense - I could not change my booking with the pre paid rate so why was the room I paid for not available? Why was the hotel allowed to change my booking when I should have secured the room with the pre payment? And given my preference for the king sized bed instead of a double bed I feel I should have been given what I paid for. I arrived at night and was too tired to press my point any further (I did try several times but the staff would not budge) and was not happy with this aspect at all. Everything else was fine, the breakfast was great but I am not happy with the service received from this supposed 5 star hotel.

2  Thank RoundyAU
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear RoundyAU – I can certainly understand your disappointment at not receiving your expected room type, such an integral aspect of anyone’s hotel stay. Unfortunately, as we are unable to view your reservation I cannot ascertain as to whether it noted a guaranteed King bed or a request for a King bed. If it had been guaranteed, then you most certainly should have received that room type, with an upgrade to our Executive Level if necessary and I apologise sincerely if this was the case and we didn’t follow through. Considering your disappointment, it is very gracious of you to take the time to highlight your satisfaction with other aspects of our service. Should you choose to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me direct as I would be most happy to personally oversee your reservation to ensure your stay is wholly more positive.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My favourite hotel in Brisbane it exudes a warmth and attraction that may hotels lack. The decor is becomong somewhat dated, however, the ambience and views from the rooms more than compensate. The hotel is located a little out of the way on the fringe of the CBD but still within comfortable walking distance. The ground level restauarant usually has a special two or three course menu that offers good food at very reasonable prices. Ideal for the overnight business traveller.