“one word, stunning”

Ranked #24 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Bangalow via Byron Bay
“one word, stunning”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

the brisbane marriott is in a class of its own. the marble-clad foyeur would blow anyone's mind. crispy apples on the counter while you're waiting for checkin? really cute touch. rooms are comfy, uber comfy beds, and the best pillows. great restaurant, a bit pricey, but the buffet breakfast has a great selection. location is inner-cbd so very handy, we've stayed a few times and would highly recommend it. the staff are very responsive and friendly

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Not a very exciting review, but not a very exciting hotel either. The room was fine, if the decor a little dated (in terms of style; it wasn't in bad shape), and it was big enough. The bathroom was pretty good and there was plenty of hot water when needed. The staff were reasonably friendly and helpful, but I had to queue a bit on both arrival and departure and it feels like they need to have more than two people on reception sometimes. Breakfast was adequate. I can't really comment on the pricing as all the hotels in Brisbane put their prices up for the Lions game weekend, but it was at least less unreasonable than some! Finally, one plus is the hotel's location on the riverside with only a 5 or 10 min walk to some very nice restaurants. So, overall, I can't say anything very bad about it but I would likely chose another hotel next time I'm in Brisbane in the hope of something a bit more special.

Room Tip: I had a rather dull view but there must be quite nice views over the river so I would ask for that i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just got back from a 10 day trip to Australia with my family and this was the first hotel we checked into on our arrival at Brisbane. The staff was more than accommodating and provided excellent service. Since my flight arrived early in the morning, I was ready to check-in around 7:30am in the morning, but that was no problem at this marriott. Since I already put in a early check-in request they were expecting my arrival and were ready to check us in. We truly appreciated this after a 16 hour flight from the US.

Everyone we interacted with was very courteous, friendly and professional. Marriott is one of my favorite brand of hotels and I always walk away thinking of the pleasant stay I just had and looking for the next opportunity to stay in their property again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Ka V – I’m thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that your first impressions were so positive. Whenever possible, we do our utmost to accommodate early arrivals, particularly for those guests coming in from a long international flight and I’m glad we were able to assist you on this occasion. Thankyou so much for your five star rating and review. I hope you may find an opportunity to visit us again on a future trip to Brisbane.

Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

After arriving on a public holiday, I was welcomed with very warm greetings and exceptional manners by all staff concerned. What is amazing is the exceptional level of integrity of all the front of house staff whom i can only imagine put up with all sorts of travellers, business and corporate clients.
The only downside was no champagne to my liking on the Room Service list, however, the upside was no challenge to my request and a quick trip to the bar to choose my bottle of champagne and a quick delivery to the room. Well done!!
Tip these people for they work very hard.
Marriot must receive a big tick for the training and culture they inspire in their people as well as the core management of the Brisbane Marriot.
I will be back to this great hotel in the perfect location - close to Mall and Brisbane River.

Room Tip: I didnt request any room type. However, pleasantly surpised to have a bulls eye view of the river. H...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Euroboy62 – I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was such an enjoyable experience and I thank you for your kind words about the level of service you encountered throughout the Hotel. While I know we have a dedicated team who are proud to deliver the Marriott brand of service, it’s always wonderful for me to hear just how well they take care of our guests, often exceeding expectations. I’m glad we were able to ultimately assist with your Champagne request and we will be sure to include more variety when we next review our Room Service list. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hotel is at the top of Queen Street and a short walk down to the Shops and Cultural area by Southbank. Very pleasant and welcoming staff at the lobby and on check in. Concierge very helpful with directions and on a previous stay, quickly arranged a car for me to drive down to the Gold Coast for the day. The Restaurant staff are friendly and informative, the food well cooked, although the timing of the pre dinner drinks and the arrival of the main course was a bit out of sync. The buffet breakfast had a fair range of hot options, including pork steamed buns which we love. The alcove of fridges stocked all sorts of fresh fruit displayed in appealing glassware together with a variety of juices. Our room was not large, but big enough and had a view of both the city and the river - on previous trips we've had a room with either one, so to have both this time was a bonus...I would ask for this one again. We have stayed here many times, and look forward to our next one soon.

Room Tip: A room facing toward Southbank, looking down Queen street is best, so you get a view of the river an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lee S – Thankyou so much for posting such an informative and thoughtful review. It’s particularly heartening to hear such positive feedback from a regular guest. And great to hear you enjoyed the fantastic river/city view from your room – to assist with future room requests, we refer to this as our ‘Kangaroo Point’ view. I do also note that we were out of sync with your dinner orders and I have shared this feedback with the restaurant team. Thankyou again for taking the time to review our services and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Brisbane
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Although I live in Brisbane, spent a night here for my partners birthday.
The room was booked super-last minute through wotif for a great price. Unfotunately our preferred room configuration was not available, so we had a room with 2 x double beds.
Given the great price for the room and last mintute booking, this was no problem.
Check in was friendly and very speedy. Public areas of the hotel are very nice ineed.
The room itself itselt was great. Plenty of space, a desk, a well stocked mini bar and decent size TV. We had a "city view" room, which looks out toward Adelaide St, no traffic or outside noise to speak of. The bathroom is also nice with a very good sized shower and good quality products in there.
While not included with the room rate, we had breakfast in the hotel ($35 per person). I've had a lot of hotel buffets in my time and this is right up there with the best of them. Was very well stocked with every breakfast food and drink imagineable.
After breakfast back to the room, to pack up, then check out. Which was also friendly and efficient.
If your looking for a centrally located hotel in Brisbane, then I would certainly check out the Marriot, we had a very pleasant stay indeed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brisboy77 – I’m delighted you enjoyed your special occasion stay with us and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to highlight so many aspects of our service and facilities. It’s also fantastic to hear from a connoisseur of breakfast buffets that you were so impressed with our offerings in Motion Bar & Grill! Our kitchen brigade and Motion Bar & Grill team will be thrilled to read your comments. Thankyou for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back for another stay with us, or just for breakfast.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after we started our journey in Sidney.

Unfortunately the river was dark chocolate due to the heavy storms. Our room faced the river and was a pretty view of the bridge.

The hotel staff was very nice.

You must go to the Zoo. Beautiful koalas and have your picture taken. It was a wonderful time.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank RebeccaN1
Dear Rebecca_Mike – Thankyou for your rating and review. I’m delighted you enjoyed our service and the view from your room of the Brisbane River and Story Bridge. Of course, no visit to Australia is complete without taking the opportunity to hold a koala and I’m so pleased it was a wonderful experience for you. Hopefully, we can welcome you again should your travels bring you back this way.