“Nice hotel, nice view of river”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #26 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I read some reviews about this hotel. Initially, I was a little concern after reading some of the negative feedback. But I was wrong. My room was facing the river view and it was fabulous! No noise from the traffic. A short walk to the river bay and you can have a nice dinner there. The free wifi at the lobby helps, so was the complimentary drinks (2 in fact). The waitress (Vanessa) is very helpful and courteous; so are the rest. Though the hotel is old, it is well maintained. Except that bar fridge in the room does emit some noise when the thermostat kicks in. Personally, I find the pillow and mattress too soft to my liking. Overall, I must say that I am satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank booyk
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear booyk – I’m so glad you chose to stay with us. As with all businesses, occasionally not all goes 100% to plan. However, feedback from our guests is overwhelmingly positive that they enjoy wonderful stays with us and I’m delighted that was your experience. Vanessa in particular will be thrilled to note your kind comments. I have also taken on board your feedback regarding the mini bar fridge in your room. And please let us know the next time you book, your preference for a firmer mattress and pillows. Thankyou for your review and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

On arriving at the hotel very early I was, at first, a little disappointed that my reservation was not immediately found...I had to provide my paperwork (this is first time this has ever happened to me!). The staff member explained that since I had made the reservation just the night before through the central reservation system that it had not transferred across to the hotel, she apologised and proceeded to efficiently check me in and offering an upgrade to a river view. I was very pleased with how this issue was resolved in a professional manner and appreciated the upgrade to a lovely room with a beautiful view over the Brisbane River.
The room was very large and tastefully furnished as was the bathroom with a separate walkin shower. The king bed was very comfortable with great pillows. Lovely simple touch (other hotels could learn to copy this!) was a complementary bottle of water. Being a Marriott Rewards member provided free WIFI in the room (not sure if otherwise there is a charge),
The public areas of the hotel are lovely with pleasant outdoor area overlooking the river. There is a lovely library area in the lobby where a coffee or drink can be enjoyed if the bar area is too busy. The lobby area is bright and open with some beautiful art works.
Had dinner in the restaurant, Miotion Bar and Grill where the service was excellent. The menu had good variety and well priced...we explained that we (a party of 7!!) were off to the Ballet so time was of the essence and the waiter, Bailey, assured this would not be a problem. We all enjoyed our meals and were particularly impressed by Bailey`s service...and we were pleasantly surprised when we returned for coffee at the end of our evening to find him to our waiter again!
My room rate included buffet breakfast...could not do it justice...so much choice both cold and hot food in abundance with the offer to also have specially prepared dishes...I enjoyed the blueberry pancakes.
Definitely would return to this hotel, especially if a similar great rate with breakfast included was available. The hotel has a great location with easy access to the riverside walk and only a short walk to the main shopping strip, yet away from the noise!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ozsavvytraveller

Dear ozsavvytraveller – It’s wonderful to hear that our Front Office team so ably assisted in resolving the matter of your reservation to your complete satisfaction and that you were similarly impressed with our service throughout your stay. Bailey, your waiter in Motion Bar & Grill, is a star and will be delighted to know that his level of service so positively impacted your and your party’s pre and post-ballet experience. Our main Lobby, including our restaurant, Motion Bar & Grill, has only recently been renovated and it’s great to hear your feedback on the ambience, library and artwork on display as well as our innovative and abundant breakfast buffet. Complimentary WiFi in our guest rooms is a benefit for our Marriott Rewards members only. For our Trip Advisor readers’ information, membership is free and details on how to join are available on our website. Thankyou sincerely for taking the time to share your experience. Please check our website for some great breakfast included accommodation packages as we would be delighted to welcome you on a future visit. Blueberry pancakes await!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just stayed a couple of nights at the Marriott in Brisbane. Arriving at the hotel was easy, coming from the airport, 20min drive. I had a room at the 24th floor. Magnificent view of the Story Bridge and the river. Internet was fast, specially if you need it for work. I had most of my meals at the restaurant in the ground floor. Every meal was a beautiful surprise. 2 things to die for: the chips and the profiteroles. One thing to do if you like going for walks, is to go to the river side, just 20meters down the stairs. Perfect place for a sunrise walk or run. Will definitely stay there again.

1  Thank maurorisch
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear maurorisch – We love your title for us ‘elegantly welcoming’! First impressions set the tone for a great Hotel stay and it’s wonderful to learn that we carried through. Thankyou for highlighting our great location, fantastic views and high speed internet. The Motion Bar & Grill team and Kitchen brigade in particular will be very happy to read your comments. We look forward to welcoming you on a future stay.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a nice hotel with a nice view.
the rates are fairly reasonable, and the food variety is good.
Lots of good wines and champagne can help you run up a large bill in a hurry.
i thought the waiters, concierge, valet, front desk were extremely friendly.
will return soon

1  Thank underground_miner

Dear underground_miner – Thankyou for taking the time to review our Hotel. The team will be thrilled to know you were so impressed with their friendly service and I’m also delighted you enjoyed our food variety and excellent wine selection. Come back again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had a superb experience at the Brisbane Marriott. Staff was friendly and helpful. Relocated me to a quieter room with no fuss or bother. Executive lounge had wonderful food, beverages, and service. The pool (sort of indoor/outdoor) was stunning and refreshing before and after work. Concierge service efficient with getting transportation. Will return regularly and not bother looking elsewhere.

1  Thank silke805

Dear silke805 - It’s so rewarding for me and the team to read such a positive review of our service, facilities and food & beverage offerings. I’m delighted to note that you particularly enjoyed our pool deck with its indoor/outdoor aspect and great views of both the city and river. Thankyou for your review and we look forward to your regular returns.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very nice place. Well everything is so lovely, from the lobby and bar area to the beds and shower.
Best place we found for our stay in Brisbane with the whole family.

I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul H

Dear Paul H – I’m so pleased you and your family found everything to your satisfaction. Thankyou so much for taking the time to provide a review and we hope to welcome you back to our Hotel when you are next travelling this way.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed at the Mariott for the 1st time and I was impressed!! Soft white beds, fantastic views, amazing buffet breakfast and great service. There was one little mistake made that surrounded my wedding proposal but the Marriott more than made up for it!!!! I recommend this hotel to anyone! I know that I will be coming back here again and again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Kjfurl

Dear Kjfurl – It’s fantastic to hear that we so impressed you with our service and facilities on your first stay with us. And also that we were able to make amends to your satisfaction for the slight error you experienced. Thankyou sincerely for your recommendation and rating. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again.