“Tranquility in the city and exceptional five star service”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #25 of 158 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Tranquility in the city and exceptional five star service”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel to attend the Brisbane International Tennis and cricket at Wooloongabba (Gabba).
Accessed the Hotel from Howard St(rear entrance) where we we're met by valet parking staff (additional charge for parking) who managed our bags and directed us through to check in. Check in staff were polite and efficient. Their is a large sitting area in the foyer/lobby area. Our
room with a view over Adelaide St was well appointed with flat screen Television, bar fridge and tea/coffee making facilities, coffee table, comfortable lounge chair, a writing desk/chair, safe, ironing board/iron and plenty of storage area for suitcases. The queen beds were comfortable and quiet with no street noise encountered overnight.
A swimming pool/spa and sauna are located on the fourth floor along with a gym. There were plenty of lounge beds around the pool area and a separate area with tables and chairs. The pool area offers views towards the story bridge and the city.
A restaurant and bar located on the ground floor with outside area to enjoy an evening drink or a morning coffee and again the service was excellent.
The hotel is located within a few minutes walk of eateries along the Eagle St pier area and about 10 minutes walk to the Queen St mall and Central Railway Station is around a 10min walk from the hotel.
The hotel lives up to its 5 Star rating and I would certainly stay here again when next visiting Brisbane.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear iitravel – Thankyou for your most comprehensive review. We’re delighted that you were so impressed with our service, facilities and location. I do hope you enjoyed the tennis and cricket – it’s a great time of year to visit Brisbane and we look forward to welcoming you again next year, if not sooner.

James Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Beautifully appointed hotel close to great resturants on the river. Beautiful views and amazing staff, we lost a tiny earing in the hotel and housekeeping had actually found it and handed it in. Would return

Room Tip: Brilliant view from 22nd floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Travelbud9330 – It’s just wonderful to read that you so fully enjoyed your stay with us. And I am of course delighted that we were able to locate your missing earring. Thankyou for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We missed our flight home after a holiday and had to find last minute accomodation for a family of six (incl 4 young children).

Wotif was pretty useless with a booking that large so I had to do the ring around.

Rang the Brisbane Marriott and spoke wth a very helpful lady who quickly arranged for us to have an adjoining room which suited us nicely. I was so glad she answered the phone because she went the extra mile and sorted out our conundrum dilligently because the adjoining rooms allowed us all to stay together.

Upon arrival at the Hotel we were greeted by helpful Porters and we were checked in promptly to a very nice room with a very comfortable bed.This took lots of frustration out of the day.

We paid $200 per room which was quite reasonable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Simon C - I am so pleased we were able to turn your misfortune around and provide a thoroughly enjoyable stay for you and your family. Our associates take such pride in exceeding our guests’ expectations and it’s wonderful for them to see that their efforts do not go unrecognised. Thankyou for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Hamilton Island, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loaction here is simply stunning. Rooms are small but well appointed. Parking and pulling in was not easy and could be better sign posted. Great customer service from front desk, Concierge and restaraunt staff

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear David_hiactivities – I’m so pleased you found us ‘just right’. The team will be delighted to read your comments. I note your feedback re parking and we will look into how we can improve on signage. Thankyou and we hope to welcome you back soon.

San Francisco
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights over the Christmas holidays. Very nice hotel. Rooms are spacious, beds very comfy. Lots of pillows. TV is great. Good soundproofing.

Concierge and valet parking staff were great.

If you rent a car at the airport and drive to the hotel, note that the valet parking is behind the hotel, at the back. There is only a tiny amount of space to park in front of the hotel.

The only problem with the hotel is their Motion Bar & Grill Restaurant. It is really a No-Motion restaurant, as getting your food is really really really really slow. Maybe it was because we were there over the holidays, and maybe they were short-staffed in the kitchen, but we ate in the restaurant numerous times out of convenience and having a large group. Any orders were SLOW to arrive. I mean, really slow. You could starve to death.

The maitre-d was very sweet and friendly until he came by our table one meal, and asked how everything was. Usually we would all smile and say, "fine" but this time my mother just told the truth. She said how they had been waiting 20 minutes for breakfast -- pancakes/eggs/bacon type of orders. Twenty minutes, and the restaurant was virtually empty. There were only our large group of 9 and two tables of two, who were all eating at the buffet. The maire-d got all nasty at that point.

So if you stay at the hotel, and are NOT wanting a reasonable amount of time to get your food, and don't mind the price inflation, then their in-house restaurant is okay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lisa W – Thankyou for your review and gracious rating. I am delighted that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, however, I am of course most disappointed to learn of your less than satisfactory restaurant experience. We had obviously dropped the ball and I won’t attempt to make excuses except to assure you that your feedback has been reviewed with the restaurant team and service levels have returned to our usually high standards. I sincerely apologise for your disappointment and particularly that the situation was not managed with more understanding. I do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sydney
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Brisbane Marriott on business for 5 nights. The staff were extremely courteous at all times. On check in I was offerd a free upgrade to a lovely room overlooking the river & bridge. The room was very clean and spacious. The only negative I could find was the limited retaraunt menu that did not sound appealing at all. The Hotel is a nice easy walk to the Queen Street Mall or the Riverside restaraunts. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear michaelbSydney – Thankyou for taking the time to review our Hotel. It’s great to hear that we welcomed and served you so well during your stay. I also note and appreciate your feedback regarding our restaurant menu which I have duly passed on to Chef. We look forward to welcoming you again.

brisbane
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I saw advertising on TV and internet offering rooms at "special" rates for new years eve and exclusive views of fireworks display. The "special" rates were inflated premium prices for a river view room at $400+. I purchased one of the deals, expecting luxury and a good view of the new year fire works. The room was nothing special. Yes, you could see along the river, but not from a great height. On arrival/check-in I lashed out on valet parking to to safely secure parking of my car in the hotel car park. More on that soon. In room food was good, although very expensive. A good supply of complimentary ice was available for drinks etc. BUT! come to fireworks time it was quickly evident that you could not see the fire works from anywhere in the hotel, let alone your expensive room. Next morning, before check-out, I gave the requested advance notice (20 minutes+) for the retrieval of my car. After more than an hour waiting in reception I asked for my car. I was told that I must go downstairs, out into the back street to get my car. I replied this is not what valet service charges are for and that my car should be brought to me at front of hotel. After long discussion, it was agreed that this "against hotel practice" would be agreed to but I would have to wait further because the car had been "parked down town at an off site car park". I expressed my displeasure at the entire Marriott experience and was told a senior manager would reply to my written comments that day. After three days of chasing up, I received an inadequate "excuse" e mail which finally prompted this review.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. This is not any value, let alone good value
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple